Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Uspshoosier

OT-Post Office

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just a heads up the Post Office and other Federal offices will be closed on Wednesday for a National Day of Mourning for President Bush. Part-Timers will probably run packages but no letter mail will be delivered

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

See nobody has said anything about it at our office and I checked the schedule tonight when I left and it still had everyone working. Weird. Then again our supervisors aren't always on it with the scheduling.

See nobody has said anything about it at our office and I checked the schedule tonight when I left and it still had everyone working. Weird. Then again our supervisors aren't always on it with the scheduling.

Interesting. It’s paid leave for full-timers. I lucked out and my day off is tomorrow so I get 2 in a row If you are a CCA you will have to work I believe. How do you like carrying? If this is your first December good luck and hang in there

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting. It’s paid leave for full-timers. I lucked out and my day off is tomorrow so I get 2 in a row If you are a CCA you will have to work I believe. How do you like carrying? If this is your first December good luck and hang in there

Oh yeah I'm in year two so I'm still a CCA and will be working. Package delivery is easy money though. This will be my second December so I know what to expect. Christmas will be my only day off haha. Pretty much 6-6 every day for the next month (and the past week). 

Oh yeah I'm in year two so I'm still a CCA and will be working. Package delivery is easy money though. This will be my second December so I know what to expect. Christmas will be my only day off haha. Pretty much 6-6 every day for the next month (and the past week). 

Just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and enjoy those OT paychecks. 14 years carrying for me. I’m one of those no listers you probably cuss out. lol. No OT or work assignment. I go home after 8hrs. I gave off an 1hr today
I remember when u started you messaged me about the job. I forgot there was a fellow carrier on here. Heel toe heel toe

46 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and enjoy those OT paychecks. 14 years carrying for me. I’m one of those no listers you probably cuss out. lol. No OT or work assignment. I go home after 8hrs. I gave off an 1hr today
I remember when u started you messaged me about the job. I forgot there was a fellow carrier on here. Heel toe heel toe

Nah man I don't blame you, once I make it regular I will be on the 8 hour list too. Working 60 hours a week is good money but man it just burns you out. Seems like half of our office could retire tomorrow so it's only a matter of time. Two are leaving at the end of the month and a handful could follow in January.