Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/1 @ 1:00 ET

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Does seem like a lot of time for a concussion. That was what 2 1/2 weeks ago

It's amazing to see the wide range of recovery times for concussion-related issues. I always think of Justin Morneau from the Twins who was out an entire year after a concussion.

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's amazing to see the wide range of recovery times for concussion-related issues. I always think of Justin Morneau from the Twins who was out an entire year after a concussion.

Don't know the concussion test that IU uses, but my son plays tennis at an IU extension and I can tell you that the baseline test that he had to pass was a new one and that every athlete had to pass it at the beginning of the year and any time there was suspicion of a concussion.  Multiple non-concussed athletes fail exit and had to take it multiple times.  Took my Don three times before he did.  The concussion tests today are going to produce more false pisitives than negatives in the name of safety.

On 12/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, Old Friend said:

You don't see what I see.

I see a young man who's very talented but to some degree is trying to fit in. Have to say that I was really impressed with his defense yesterday! 

I look for him to just keep getting better. He seems to definitely have the clutch gene. 

I don't see a player that demands the ball.  One that can take over a game when needed.  I wish he had that part of the game.

I love the kid, don't get me wrong.  I was expecting more of an Eric Gordon offensive type impact to this team.  What do you see that I'm missing?

2 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

I love the kid, don't get me wrong.  I was expecting more of an Eric Gordon offensive type impact to this team.  What do you see that I'm missing?

He's not Eric Gordon.  Completely different player. 

Here's my answer to your question.  He took the shot that won the game for us and got many plays going toward the rim.  (You said he doesn't have a killer instinct.  That play by itself should alleviate that comment)  He played solid defense all day on one of their best scorers.  He played 36 minutes, scored 20 points on 13 shots, grabbed 5 rebounds, made all of his FT's had a couple of steals and was clearly the go to at the end with our best senior out.  Yet you said he's under-utilized...somehow cursed by The General.

Why were you expecting Eric Gordon?  Did you not see Langford play in high school?  Completely different player.  Gordon was more of a volume 3 point shooter than Romeo is and physically stronger and stockier.  Langford so far is also a far better rebounder. 

Gordon also had to be the leading scorer on that IU team.  Langford doesn't on this one; but he is still averaging 18.  Gordon averaged 21.  Langford has played 34 minutes+ in each of the last 5 games and been over 20 points 3 times in those games.   He had (as the whole team did) a bad night against Duke.  I get it.   But if you don't see a killer instinct, especially after yesterday; like I said, you don't see what I see.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:37 PM, coonhounds said:

Easy old friend. I have no info but it looked or appears he has a injury that could sideline him for a game or more and if he is it will be difficult. Maybe it was a bruise and will heal right away but if not we will be without him. Just a blank obvious post with no substance but whats your thoughts? Could be nothing and i pray it is for his health and iu season

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

You have no info, so you speculate that we could be without him for a while.  Why?  Yes.  Exactly.  A blank obvious post with no substance.  So why did you post it?    

You have no info, so you speculate that we could be without him for a while.  Why?  Yes.  Exactly.  A blank obvious post with no substance.  So why did you post it?    
The scenario of possible playing without him why does that post offend you lol

The scenario of possible playing without him why does that post offend you lol

I will not try to answer for Old Friend. But in my mind, if. You were unsure of the prognosis it should have been a question, rather than a statement.

I will not try to answer for Old Friend. But in my mind, if. You were unsure of the prognosis it should have been a question, rather than a statement. 
I thought i said it looked like we could be without him which after the game it did. Tuesday will be tough no matter what my apologies to those i offended.

I thought i said it looked like we could be without him which after the game it did. Tuesday will be tough no matter what my apologies to those i offended.

Shouldn't have to apologize lol. You were giving your opinion based on what you saw. For there to be issues with your original post is laughable

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, biteoftheapple said:

He clearly stated he didn't have any info and then speculated, which is 97% of what is done on a message board.  Anyone reading it with basic reading comprehension skills knew it was an uninformed opinion.

The fact that he was called out for it is literally dumb.

19 hours ago, Old Friend said:

He's not Eric Gordon.  Completely different player. 

Here's my answer to your question.  He took the shot that won the game for us and got many plays going toward the rim.  (You said he doesn't have a killer instinct.  That play by itself should alleviate that comment)  He played solid defense all day on one of their best scorers.  He played 36 minutes, scored 20 points on 13 shots, grabbed 5 rebounds, made all of his FT's had a couple of steals and was clearly the go to at the end with our best senior out.  Yet you said he's under-utilized...somehow cursed by The General.

Why were you expecting Eric Gordon?  Did you not see Langford play in high school?  Completely different player.  Gordon was more of a volume 3 point shooter than Romeo is and physically stronger and stockier.  Langford so far is also a far better rebounder. 

Gordon also had to be the leading scorer on that IU team.  Langford doesn't on this one; but he is still averaging 18.  Gordon averaged 21.  Langford has played 34 minutes+ in each of the last 5 games and been over 20 points 3 times in those games.   He had (as the whole team did) a bad night against Duke.  I get it.   But if you don't see a killer instinct, especially after yesterday; like I said, you don't see what I see.

No, he isn't cursed by The General, I think IU basketball is.

I agree with your comments about the Northwestern game.  Romeo did play very well.  I hope we see more of that in the games to come! 

I’ve only be able to watch the second half. The TOs are going to kill me. Absolutely ridiculous. I think Green alone has four this half. Have now seen us dribble off our foot three times this half. Let’s just give this away.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners