Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/1 @ 1:00 ET

B1G opener at home vs Northwestern (6-1).

Live Stats

Radio

TV - Basic Big Ten channel

Tidbits from Archie's Friday radio show -

"This is a huge, huge game for us on Saturday. Northwestern is very good, very well-coached, have good size and are tough to guard."  Miller talking about Northwestern's length. Said they often won't have a player on the floor shorter than 6-4, sometimes everyone will be at least 6-6.

Archie Miller: "Really had a great workout yesterday, probably our best practice in a long long time, probably because everybody was there and engaged."

Says Race Thompson and Jerome Hunter still out indefinitely. Obviously what will be the case for awhile with Hunter.

Miller said Green and McRoberts have to get their conditioning back. They're cleared with their injuries, but need to get rhythm back.  No minute restrictions.

Miller on Duke game: "We were really slow to loose balls, deflected passes, offensive rebounds that they get. It seemed like we were on the ground and they were in the air."  "They were quicker to them and they counted. They made us pay."  Miller on what he was disappointed about from the performance at Duke: "I wouldn't say we were soft but we were really really slow to loose balls."

"We're turning the ball over too much. It's our biggest achilles heel."   

Archie Miller on Romeo Langford responding after a tough night: "He was very good in practice yesterday, engaged. Romeo's a learner. Very coachable."

Asked Miller about Rob Phinisee and what he took from Tuesday's game. Miller said he learned he needs to be a lot more aggressive against the sort of pressure he was facing and trust himself to get downhill.

The closer it gets to game time the more anxious I get about this one. Should be a win. Should be the easiest of the next four games which makes it almost a must win. But I expect Northwestern to pack it in and make us shoot over their length, kind of like they did to us in 2014. Hopefully the team is ready for them and comes out swinging rather than letting Northwestern throw the first punch like they have been letting other teams the last few games. 

The closer it gets to game time the more anxious I get about this one. Should be a win. Should be the easiest of the next four games which makes it almost a must win. But I expect Northwestern to pack it in and make us shoot over their length, kind of like they did to us in 2014. Hopefully the team is ready for them and comes out swinging rather than letting Northwestern throw the first punch like they have been letting other teams the last few games. 

Not too worried about this game even after the last four games where we have been “Sluggish”. I expect the team to be ready and playing aggressive. A double digit win wouldn’t surprise me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app