Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northwestern - 12/1 @ 1:00 ET

4 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

RP is not giving us much at PG the last few games. Today 3 pts with 1 assist and 2 TO's. 1-4 FT's. Yip about Smith all you want but his line was not bad. We need better PG play along with another scorer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

RP is a frosh with a lot riding on him. Not giving him an excuse.  JS has been horrible this year, no excuse.  All around this team has to get better.  Where is the tenacious D that we saw the first 8 mins. of the Marquette game?

1 minute ago, HoosierDYT said:

This is very wrong. There is usually a big man every year in the top 5 who gets underutilized at whatever school he goes to. You could argue both Bol Bol and Cam Reddish In just the 2018 class are used less than Romeo.

Yes, Romeo needs more looks. And yes, he should get even more looks if Morgan is down.

But the notion that he’s not being utilized is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo's biggest problem, might be what we all like about him, his demeanor.  He needs to have that killer instinct when he is on the floor. You can be humble when you aren't playing, but you have to have "it" when the lights go on!

7 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

This is very wrong. There is usually a big man every year in the top 5 who gets underutilized at whatever school he goes to. You could argue both Bol Bol and Cam Reddish In just the 2018 class are used less than Romeo.

Yes, Romeo needs more looks. And yes, he should get even more looks if Morgan is down.

But the notion that he’s not being utilized is incorrect.

*this* is actually very wrong. Sorry. 

Reddish and Bol both have higher usage rates than Romeo. 

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/indiana-hoosiers-team-stats?season=2018&category=ADVANCED&sort=0&time=0&team=0

*this* is actually very wrong. Sorry. 
Reddish and Bol both have higher usage rates than Romeo. 

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/indiana-hoosiers-team-stats?season=2018&category=ADVANCED&sort=0&time=0&team=0

Ah you are correct thank you. By the end of the year Romeo will be higher than each though. My main point was that I don’t think he’s being as underutilized as is being discussed

17 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I have never seen a #5 recruit out of high school utilized as little as Romeo has been!  Is the gap between #3 and #5 that big?  It looks like it this year. 

Fellas, we are cursed by the general, and it is never going away.  Anybody that thought the Redsox or Cubs had it bad,  ain't seen nothing yet.

I mean, Nassir Little was ranked in the top 5 and he's only playing 19.6 minutes a night and hasn't started a game yet.  I'd like to see Romeo involved more too but I don't think this can be put on the coaching staff. If he was a post guy who needed the ball fed to him then that would be one thing, but he's a perimeter player. He should be able to get himself more involved. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Ah you are correct thank you. By the end of the year Romeo will be higher than each though. My main point was that I don’t think he’s being as underutilized as is being discussed

I agree. And I don’t think it’s an Archie problem, he just doesn’t attack as much as he could. He’s the type that can score just about whenever he wants. With or without Juwan, it’s going to come to the point where he’s going to need to sack up and start destroying people. He’s for sure getting his right now though. 

21 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Romeo's biggest problem, might be what we all like about him, his demeanor.  He needs to have that killer instinct when he is on the floor. You can be humble when you aren't playing, but you have to have "it" when the lights go on!

You don't see what I see.

Watched on delay due to baseball practice.... gonna comment first then read the thread....

Smith needs to see a LOT more pine time... nothing about his game makes me smile. 

Green on the other hand is absolutely CLUTCH.... great crisp passes... timely shots... pressure defense...

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

On post-game with Fisch, Archie couldn't elaborate on Juwan.  Said he hadn't talked with Tim Garl.

How is that even possible?

I don’t believe it. After the game ended he did not even ask Garl “how does it look”?

7 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

So, do we need to add Juwan to the injury update thread. I didn't see the game, what happened to Juwan??

Looked like he bumped shins with a Northwestern player, tried walking it off and then they helped him off the court. When they showed him on the bench it didn't look like the staff was looking at his knee, so that's a positive 

Well, we won.  About all there is.  Oh and Green didn't suck, which sadly for him is a positive.

This team has to give consistent effort, they do not have talent to turn it on when they feel it's needed.  Have to shoot better, from range and from the line (27% and 58% is horrendous).  Only 13 turnovers total so there is that.

Morgan walked off at the buzzer somewhat limping but on his own power.  It looked for awhile he was going to have to be carried off the floor.  It was good to see him at least walk off on his own.

I love RP and think he is going to be great but Green needs to be on floor more than him and they looked pretty good playing together at the end of the first half.  Not saying Green should necessarily start over RP but he needs the majority of the minutes.  His defense is strong and he makes some crisp passes.  The offense just seems to flow better when he is in the game.  Plus their were times today where he could have taken a bad shot and the crowd saw it coming but he played more under control for the most part.  He is also the only player I feel good about at the line late.

Smith looks just as bad live.  Their was chatter in AH every time he checked back in the game. Davis needs those minutes.

It was good to see Hunter on the bench and he was walking around just fine and was into it at the breaks and halftime.  Didn’t see Race.

10 minutes ago, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

Morgan walked off at the buzzer somewhat limping but on his own power.  It looked for awhile he was going to have to be carried off the floor.  It was good to see him at least walk off on his own.

I love RP and think he is going to be great but Green needs to be on floor more than him and they looked pretty good playing together at the end of the first half.  Not saying Green should necessarily start over RP but he needs the majority of the minutes.  His defense is strong and he makes some crisp passes.  The offense just seems to flow better when he is in the game.  Plus their were times today where he could have taken a bad shot and the crowd saw it coming but he played more under control for the most part.  He is also the only player I feel good about at the line late.

Smith looks just as bad live.  Their was chatter in AH every time he checked back in the game. Davis needs those minutes.

It was good to see Hunter on the bench and he was walking around just fine and was into it at the breaks and halftime.  Didn’t see Race.

FWIW, Buddy of mine's son has a few classes with Hunter. Told his Dad that it was a blood clot issue.