Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7th & Bryan

So what's the deal with the jerseys?

In this tweet announcing TJD's commitment, he's wearing a jersey with piping on the neck and shoulders. Wonder why the current jerseys don't have that? 

[/url]  

If you look at the poster for this year with the player’s headshots, they were wearing the old jerseys that have the piping on the neck and shoulders like TJD is wearing which makes me think the new jersey’s may have been a sudden decision because of the whole uniform policy cool dad implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 12/1/2018 at 1:36 AM, The Ola Depot said:

If you look at the poster for this year with the player’s headshots, they were wearing the old jerseys that have the piping on the neck and shoulders like TJD is wearing which makes me think the new jersey’s may have been a sudden decision because of the whole uniform policy cool dad implemented. 

What is the new uniform policy cool dad implemented?

5 minutes ago, The Ola Depot said:

I don’t know the specifics but it’s the reason the football team didn’t have names on their uniforms this year. I believe it also includes that all the sports have the same font on them. Other things like that...

He is so clueless... Absolutely has no idea what he is doing...  

3 minutes ago, The Ola Depot said:

football team didn’t have names on their uniforms 

I'm probably as old school as it gets, but the lack of names on the football uniforms detracted even more from my game experience if that's even possible given the product on the field. Over the years, I've gone from opposing names on the basketball jerseys to not really caring one way or the other. I think kids can be just as proud to play for the name on the front with their name on the back as without.

I'm probably as old school as it gets, but the lack of names on the football uniforms detracted even more from my game experience if that's even possible given the product on the field. Over the years, I've gone from opposing names on the basketball jerseys to not really caring one way or the other. I think kids can be just as proud to play for the name on the front with their name on the back as without.

I really wanted him to keep the names on the back of the football jerseys. I know the b-ball players, but there are many more football players and it was hard for me to know who was making plays. Sometimes the TV guys would not communicate that information.

I really wanted him to keep the names on the back of the football jerseys. I know the b-ball players, but there are many more football players and it was hard for me to know who was making plays. Sometimes the TV guys would not communicate that information.

I’ve never felt as clueless about who was on the field as I did this year. I’d consider myself a very knowledgeable IU football fan the past couple of years and there were times I didn’t know half the players out there, especially on defense since there was so much player turnover.

I’ve never felt as clueless about who was on the field as I did this year. I’d consider myself a very knowledgeable IU football fan the past couple of years and there were times I didn’t know half the players out there, especially on defense since there was so much player turnover.

Absolutely, and with the new Freshmen four game rule, there were even more guys getting playing time this year.

There’s very little value add that changes to the jersey will bring. One side (the traditionalists) feel very strongly about maintaining it, and the other side is mostly apathetic to the jerseys.

Only thing that will help us create a modern brand is modern winning.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

There’s very little value add that changes to the jersey will bring. One side (the traditionalists) feel very strongly about maintaining it, and the other side is mostly apathetic to the jerseys. 

Only thing that will help us create a modern brand is modern winning.

I disagree that it would be very little value add. Changing the jerseys would indicative of attention to detail as well as showcasing the ability to adapt to today's basketball environment. Kansas does a great job of maintaining tradition while mixing in forward thinking jersey designs. I just don't get why the program is so hesitant to change when change is what needs to happen after 25 years of not winning.

Cool Dad is really handcuffing multiple sports including basketball by putting in a blanket rule to not have names on the backs of jerseys, only allowing certain fonts, and requiring the star championship branding. Why is the AD deciding whether or not the baseball team can have names on the backs of their jerseys? And why is he the one placing star championships on the back of our shorts? What other blue bloods do this? If the other 10 winningest college basketball programs don't do this, then why are we? To me the stars are a desperate plea from cool dad to say "look at us"

And that fact that more than one player can wear the same jersey #

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

As far as football, nothing will be as bad as when Sam Wyche said that since our colors were cream & crimson, we were gonna literally wear cream & crimson -- for his one season in B-town. Um, the crimson part is fine, but the cream? That doesn't really work ... 

635947638_INXXIU8383(3).jpg.30152661e5cabdc6d32d4f06085e70f5.jpg

1 hour ago, The Ola Depot said:

I agree. It was harder for me to follow the roster changes this year and when I got a chance to watch the games, I had no idea who I was watching. It’s such a bad idea for football if you can help it (and IU can). 

I disagree that it would be very little value add. Changing the jerseys would indicative of attention to detail as well as showcasing the ability to adapt to today's basketball environment. Kansas does a great job of maintaining tradition while mixing in forward thinking jersey designs. I just don't get why the program is so hesitant to change when change is what needs to happen after 25 years of not winning.

Cool Dad is really handcuffing multiple sports including basketball by putting in a blanket rule to not have names on the backs of jerseys, only allowing certain fonts, and requiring the star championship branding. Why is the AD deciding whether or not the baseball team can have names on the backs of their jerseys? And why is he the one placing star championships on the back of our shorts? What other blue bloods do this? If the other 10 winningest college basketball programs don't do this, then why are we? To me the stars are a desperate plea from cool dad to say "look at us"

Couldn’t making drastic jersey changes also be categorizad under the desperate look at us category?

Agree to disagree. Attention to detail will be seen more in how we play and win than the type of cross stitching used on the neckline of our jerseys.

The no names on football jerseys bothered me too. I get it if you’re Notre Dame, Penn State, etc. but come on. We’re Indiana football. We’ve made three bowl games in the last like 20 years and are arguably the worst program in the power five conferences. Come on Fred, the football team should not be getting tradition pushed onto them.

We are desperate. In basketball and football.

People don’t usually make good decisions when they’re desperate. Complain as we might about football, there’s still more promise to the program in this decade than only other one other time in its history. Basketball also moving in the right direction.

I don’t think we’re that desperate.