Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7th & Bryan

So what's the deal with the jerseys?

Those shorts have been outdated since 1990. And please dont give my the tradition nonsense. Nobody else wheres shorts like that anymore.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I’m so sick of hearing about “tradition” we are not like the ******* NY Yankees! So, don’t give me that crap. We’ve been mediocre for 26-27 years. Don’t like the new unis but I’m very glad they are at least trying!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

I’m so sick of hearing about “tradition” we are not like the ******* NY Yankees! So, don’t give me that crap. We’ve been mediocre for 26-27 years. Don’t like the new unis but I’m very glad they are at least trying!

I personally don't think they look as terrible as most. If I stuck with tradition, I'd be wearing bell bottoms and platform shoes like all the cool kids did when I was in grade school.

Seems like we want to compare our uniforms to Duke's, and then talk about tradition in the same breath. Duke changes up their uniforms quite a bit. I personally don't see an issue with keeping the traditional look as the main uniform, but also having others to mix in.

I like the idea of modernizing the uniforms over time. There have always been little tweaks, and this one is just a bit bigger. 

Anyway, I really like the font on the new uniforms. It's the block style with a slight alteration, which makes it a bit more unique. I think the shorts and jersey would go better together if the shorts didn't have the piping on the waist. Keep it on the bottom only, and it acts as an homage to the candy stripes, albeit horizontal. Then minimalist above the bottom stripes with the slightly altered font, and good to go.

As you can tell, I can be a bit of a uni nerd. 

As others have said the biggest issue with last years uniform was the fit.  The shorts were too long, and you could tell the guys hated them.  They were all rolling the waistband.  Same with the candystripe pants.  While the look, both tops and bottoms, is really pretty cool (I know, subjective), the fit was off.  And so the guys were tucking the pants into their socks for a tapered look.  

I think a fine look this year would have been last year's uniforms, but a more modern cut.  The font change is fine.  I think the changes this year, where the shorts don't match the tops, is pretty odd.  

Last thing.  adidas is still the hotness.  We happen to get adidas gear.  I'd say ride that while we can.  It was a dorky sponsor for years (decades?).  Give the guys all the UltraBoosts and adidas joggers and script logo hoodies they want.  

Edit:  Seeing that pic with the belted shorts reminds me that maybe tradition shouldn't be as important in the uniforms.  Clearly that has changed over the years to stay relevant.  So no objections to changes there.  IU and Assembly Hall will always be heavy on tradition otherwise.  

Honestly who designed the uniforms and then who approved them this year? I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that anyone in the program thought the tops looked good this year.  Surely if most of the fans are visually disturbed... the players can't enjoy playing in them? The tops look like Fan Boy Fred Glass as a Dad helped Adidas design these things and thought he was being progressive and didn't realize he has the style of a Dad...

1 hour ago, CottageGrove said:

I've wanted that for a few years now. If we can do that on the football uniforms and helmets, why not on the basketball side?

Tradition.  That's the answer.

I know other blue bloods have made changes; but did anyone think Duke looked good in black?   Script "Indiana" might look good, but we've used basically the same font since 1974.

32 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Tradition.  That's the answer.

I know other blue bloods have made changes; but did anyone think Duke looked good in black?   Script "Indiana" might look good, but we've used basically the same font since 1974.

I don't think using the wordmark that has been on our warmups for 40+ years on our jerseys would mess with the tradition.

36 minutes ago, CottageGrove said:

I don't think using the wordmark that has been on our warmups for 40+ years on our jerseys would mess with the tradition.

You answered your own question.  That's our warmup font.  Not our jersey font.   Been that way for 45 years.   

I would also like to see it...I think.  Maybe.  But the answer to the question is "tradition."

Is it sad i have watched every game as usual and haven't even noticed the uniforms one bit? I have noticed a abundace of turnovers lately and some tired lazy basketball that i would like fixed. I hope archie gets us winning so much that my only complaint is the uniforms lol. Now that this had been brought up and i have seen them i do think they are ugly but start winning and i may grow to like them

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Duke actually does look good in black and black is a part of their color scheme now. Tradition can be honored elsewhere. The jerseys can change. They needed to change.

I thought the black looked awful, but I think all black jerseys look awful except the Raiders.  

On 11/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree. Shorts are cool

Same here. These look awful. Just go thicker piping on the tops. Love the new shorts. Really liked the jerseys we wore for the Kansas game, with the stripes on the sides. Wish we could incorporate some of that style with a script “Indiana” across the chest.