Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

So some concerns I’m having...

I would be shocked if Watford comes to IU.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah, I don’t see that happening. I do see Brooks in the fold though. Can we fast forward to Durham’s senior year?

Seniors: Durham, Moore, Smith
Juniors: Phin, Hunter, Thompson, Forrester, Anderson
Sophomores: Jackson-Davis, Brooks, Franklin
Freshmen: whoever

A team that will have been in this system for awhile. A point guard that can lead, a senior who has shown some fire and improved shooting, talent and length on the wing, and some versatile bigs who have been in the system.

We won’t be relying on freshmen to be the main contributors. Experienced talent is what wins in college ball and we’ll start seeing more of that. Hopefully, some fans can see that and don’t jump off the ledge before then. (Or do but I’m sure you’ll climb right back up to complain when any little thing goes wrong)

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Kentucky with wins over North Carolina, Louisville and Kansas in the out of conference. They could get a 1 seed along with Tennessee.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Need some help and they would have to run the table to get to the 1 line. Losses to seton hall and Bama will hurt their chance at a 1 seed. Still possible but a lot would have to happen

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

People are saying he is graduating early.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah, so he is gonna be a graduate transfer?  Maybe go to Colorado and take Green(pun intended) with him?

Talented young guys can win in CBB. You just have to have talented enough young guys like UK or Duke.

We don’t pay enough to have a roster like that. How much money was on the court tonight when Kansas played at puke?

Armaan Franklin seems like the kind of player who will bring fire to the court. He's having a really great senior year. A Phinisee/Franklin/Durham backcourt could be promising. 
Not high on AD

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Whaaaaaat? His shot isn’t bad, he can get into the lane, he can defend, and he’ll have 3+ years in the system.

He's alright but he's not the kind of player Indiana should be recruiting in the first place. He was ranked like 230 or something. We need to stick to the top 150 guys. Tom crean took too many chances on projects. Handed out scholarships two people he shouldn't have been. Al Durham seems like a good kid and he has some value but there was a reason he was a three-star recruit. The same goes for Devonte green and so on. We need to take off the Crimson colored glasses and see IU for what it is, mediocre.

1 hour ago, tortex28 said:

He's alright but he's not the kind of player Indiana should be recruiting in the first place. He was ranked like 230 or something. We need to stick to the top 150 guys. Tom crean took too many chances on projects. Handed out scholarships two people he shouldn't have been. Al Durham seems like a good kid and he has some value but there was a reason he was a three-star recruit. The same goes for Devonte green and so on. We need to take off the Crimson colored glasses and see IU for what it is, mediocre.

Yeah Crean never should have recruited Oladipo or OG either

Yeah Crean never should have recruited Oladipo or OG either
You can find Diamonds in the Rough but that's no way to generally recruit. The percentages are low.

3 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

You can find Diamonds in the Rough but that's no way to generally recruit. The percentages are low.

Yeah but that’s no reason to say one that has been found is not worthy. 

OG and Oladipo were both good enough to win a big ten title. Al isn’t as good obviously but he’s good enough to start on a Legit big ten team. Especially after two more years of development. 

5 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Yeah, I liked "The Movement".

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, I liked "The Movement".

Al could be a VERY good player 2 years from now.  There are tons of examples of players that were average at best their sophomore year, that became damm good players as seniors.  CWat was no great player as a sophmore.

Edited by mookied39

Plenty of kids ranked outside the top 150 help programs win basketball games over a 4 year period. If a coach sees something in a player that he likes what’s it matter what his ranking is
Definitely the focus will be on higher ranked kids but there is just too many good players overall to limit to a specific ranking number. Jarrett Culver is one of my favorite players to watch this year for Texas Tech. 312th rated player last year. Kids a stud

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Plenty of kids ranked outside the top 150 help programs win basketball games over a 4 year period. If a coach sees something in a player that he likes what’s it matter what his ranking is
Definitely the focus will be on higher ranked kids but there is just too many good players overall to limit to a specific ranking number. Jarrett Culver is one of my favorite players to watch this year for Texas Tech. 312th rated player last year. Kids a stud

IIRC....A.J. Guyton flew in under the radar.  How did that work out?  LOL