Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

So some concerns I’m having...

Yeah, we can't switch our offense to run with UNLV.  Except Coach Knight did, and we won.  I know that's just one example, but good coaches can and should adjust their gameplan to win.

He didn’t switch his offense for that. He ran his motion. UNLV presses. Knight had Eyl or Calloway bring the ball up. If you beat a press it’s like transition. The only thing he really did differently was extend his defense further than he normally did. That isn’t changing the fundamentals of his offense which was suggested. Like I said earlier you change principals within the fundamentals. Put people in different spots. That isn’t changing his offense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol.  Extremely disagree.  We have two players who could be first team all Big Ten.

Last time I checked IU isn’t playing 2 on 2. Yes they have 2 guys and about three role players that are Big Ten caliber and that’s about it. Unfortunately you have to be about 8 or 9 deep to win in the Big Ten constantly which IU just isn’t this year.

20 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

A real concern I have......I have 5 kids(18,16,13,9,7) They all wonder why  I like watching IU basketball so much.  They tell me, "they suck, why do you like them?"  Indiana born and raised kids nowadays don't get it like my age group does, or did?!

My kids also mock me. Call IU the Loosiers, ask if we will ever be in a final four again. One joked that he has doubts that man landed on the moon or that IU has really won championships, etc.

I’m with you and Dakich on this. Don’t really understand why people get so upset at him either. Truth hurts maybe? Idk...

I don’t think his detractors don’t like him for his honesty. I also wouldn’t call it honesty or truth, I would call it his opinion. He is certainly not afraid to share his opinion, some of which is very accurate and other times is very inaccurate but stated as fact and shared with a pompousness that is hard to swallow. He is a baiter, an instigator, a fabricator and acts like a child too often for most to ignore

23 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is Archie that foundation? It starts with the coaching staff and he is either going to get it established and going or this is going to be another disaster hire

The only disaster was Sampson

The only disaster was Sampson

Man, you are generous.

Davis was a huge disaster, the start of our massive decline and loss of status and allure in-state.

Sampson, almost dismantled the program.

Crean couldn’t find any level of consistency and further eroded in-state attraction.

Archie missed the tourney in year 1 and is on the verge of missing again in year two and we are massively regressing, looking lost and disinterested in what should have been a top 25 season with a tourney bid. So far this has been a disaster in terms of on court growth or the lack there of

7 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Last time I checked IU isn’t playing 2 on 2. Yes they have 2 guys and about three role players that are Big Ten caliber and that’s about it. Unfortunately you have to be about 8 or 9 deep to win in the Big Ten constantly which IU just isn’t this year.

IU starts Juwon Morgan ( all Big Ten caliber), Romeo Langford (5* top 10 player), and two 4* recruits, Rob Phinisee snd Justin Smith.  I know some people will defend Archie mo matter what, but let's not make things up in order to defend him.

8 hours ago, mdn82 said:

He didn’t switch his offense for that. He ran his motion. UNLV presses. Knight had Eyl or Calloway bring the ball up. If you beat a press it’s like transition. The only thing he really did differently was extend his defense further than he normally did. That isn’t changing the fundamentals of his offense which was suggested. Like I said earlier you change principals within the fundamentals. Put people in different spots. That isn’t changing his offense.

So Archie's offense is garbage and is costing us games, but stick with it?  That's insanity.

Look the Nebraska loss hurt. No denying that. But if you’re going off rankings, Nebraska is a more talented team than IU. It’s painful to say it.

Glenn Watson - 75.

Isaac Copeland - 24 (5 star)

James Palmer Jr. - 105

Isaiah Roby - 133

Thomas Allen - 103.

Glynn Watson is a senior. James Palmer and Isaac Copeland are 5th year seniors. Isaiah Roby is a junior.

Thomas Allen is a sophomore.

They have more talent and experience than IU. Tough pill to swallow, but it’s the truth. Nobody is making that up to defend Archie.

And do you want me to keep going?

I can do this with Michigan, Michigan State, Maryland, Iowa and any other top big ten team you want. It’s not pretty, but it’s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So Archie's offense is garbage and is costing us games, but stick with it?  That's insanity.

Garbage and costing us games? It’s getting open shots. That is what an offense is supposed to do. But if that’s what you gathered from what I said continue enjoying looking for any and every reason to hate. Whether factual or not don’t let me slow your roll your on.

19 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Garbage and costing us games? It’s getting open shots. That is what an offense is supposed to do. But if that’s what you gathered from what I said continue enjoying looking for any and every reason to hate. Whether factual or not don’t let me slow your roll your on.

It's not from what you said and it's not hate.  It is what it is.  Our offense isn't working.  

It's not from what you said and it's not hate.  It is what it is.  Our offense isn't working.  

It isn’t working because we are a combined 10-55 from three in our last three games. I wish I could go back and count how many of them are wide open shots, I’m betting at least 30.

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

It isn’t working because we are a combined 10-55 from three in our last three games. I wish I could go back and count how many of them are wide open shots, I’m betting at least 30.

I see more problems than that.  There seems to be no purpose to our screens.  There is bad spacing.  There is too much standing around.  There is too much panic as the shot clock winds down and we're 25 feet from the rim.