Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

So some concerns I’m having...

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If  you read this thread up to the point where I weighed in, I’m pretty sure it is clear that the mods have let negativity reign supreme; (and in my opinion  the negative thoughts about the team’s play have been well-founded).

We try to keep this board as a sane place for people to express their thoughts, negative or positive, but at a certain point one-note conclusory gloom and doom posts start to wear down the peoples! 

No posts were hidden; no warning points have been issued; no hard feelings have been created. Just trying to keep the board on track.

Well, there's not a whole to be positive about lately, so it's understandable. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Well, there's not a whole to be positive about lately, so it's understandable. 

Agreed, and many have had their say.

What I hope we can avoid is posters who respond to my polite request with “you must be talking to me-style” point counterpoints. (Btw; that’s not you Sadaseci).

That will not be a tolerated.

Now let’s move on.

Frankly....start the bench for the first few minutes. Message sent. Received? We'd have to wait and see. The game wouldn't start off any worse than the last stretch of games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve been sayin Free Jake for awhile now. Kid has attitude and can score . Don’t know what the downside is in playing him. We really couldn’t do much worse at times.

2 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I’ve been sayin Free Jake for awhile now. Kid has attitude and can score . Don’t know what the downside is in playing him. We really couldn’t do much worse at times.

Can't really argue with any of that. I suspect that CAM is a system and process coach above all else. What happens in practice is going to determine who plays, come hell or high water.

I'm trying to find the source but I just read this past week that the majority of this roster had to stay in tact for GPA reasons to avoid post season bans. I don't want to seem like I'm attacking prior leadership but the turnover rate was killing the team. Now Archie has to run with exactly what he had. No option to go after Archie's preference of player. Is that why we have Fitzner? Is he a high classroom iq guy and a no risk situation coming here? Even if he was a bust, could it be that he simply helps the team in this manner? And the article mentioned the reason we don't have (coloroda player, can't recall name) is for this exact GPA roadblock. Kind of puts things in perspective for the season, if true.. coupled with the injuries. Anyway, interesting read. Archie may have been handed a bit of a "mess". 

14 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

I'm trying to find the source but I just read this past week that the majority of this roster had to stay in tact for GPA reasons to avoid post season bans. I don't want to seem like I'm attacking prior leadership but the turnover rate was killing the team. Now Archie has to run with exactly what he had. No option to go after Archie's preference of player. Is that why we have Fitzner? Is he a high classroom iq guy and a no risk situation coming here? Even if he was a bust, could it be that he simply helps the team in this manner? And the article mentioned the reason we don't have (coloroda player, can't recall name) is for this exact GPA roadblock. Kind of puts things in perspective for the season, if true.. coupled with the injuries. Anyway, interesting read. Archie may have been handed a bit of a "mess". 

Great points here. Not sure on Fitzner but California private school doesn’t scream “Easy A’s” to me. Could be that Archie had a very heavily filtered list on who he could go after and did the best he could. Once the APR thing starts avalanching it goes downhill FAST. 

14 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

Archie had Gelons scholarship pulled so i don’t think it’s true he had no flexibility but his hands were very tied yes. 

I thought grades were really good under crean?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It was Snow’s weekly Indiana report

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I think they were mostly "acceptable" but the average continued to take damage as players kept transferring as part of the system/calculation.

Not the last couple of years. Our APR was at a point when Archie had to maintain a decent academic year to not get a postseason ban. There is always turnover from players with a new coach so that’s where his wiggle room knowingly went that first year. Other than that the kids had to perform. A lot of the same this year then the worst scores will fall off in the rolling four year average. Like we have to see what we got for last year this coming spring.

Not the last couple of years. Our APR was at a point when Archie had to maintain a decent academic year to not get a postseason ban. There is always turnover from players with a new coach so that’s where his wiggle room knowingly went that first year. Other than that the kids had to perform. A lot of the same this year then the worst scores will fall off in the rolling four year average. Like we have to see what we got for last year this coming spring.

Thanks for the background info. It may help indicate why the roster is not set up as he would like

Thanks for the background info. It may help indicate why the roster is not set up as he would like

I am a huge Archie Miller fan and for sure he knew what he was getting into. I do think he should have went after a pure shooter in the 2019 class. Not necessarily for this year but the future. Kind of like you don’t expect Jordy Hulls to come in and be Jordy Hulls. Once he became a sophomore he was ready to go. I think that’s a mistake he made in spite of knowing these things.

Really i just remember cream touting how great the grades were several times. Maybe thats why glass did what i never thought he would and fired him.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I am a huge Archie Miller fan and for sure he knew what he was getting into. I do think he should have went after a pure shooter in the 2019 class. Not necessarily for this year but the future. Kind of like you don’t expect Jordy Hulls to come in and be Jordy Hulls. Once he became a sophomore he was ready to go. I think that’s a mistake he made in spite of knowing these things.

I think we are going to have to really hope Rob improves, Al continues to improve and Damezi is ready. Really need that