Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

So some concerns I’m having...

The last two games, IU has looked like a team that may not win another game this year. That is not a tourney team. 

In your opinion they are not. In my opinion they still are. In the opinion of bracket matrix that takes the average of every bracketologist they are a tourney team (7 seed). IU wouldn’t be the first tourney team to lose 4 games. There has been tourney teams lose to Quad 4 teams before and are still considered tourney teams. When IU starts losing to non tourney teams then maybe I might get a little concerned they might not make the tourney until then they are a tourney team not even on the bubble

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh my goodness.
As a mod I try to hold my tongue and allow  “basketball opinions” to be expressed, but the complete, irrational gloom expressed by some posters, as summarized in these two posts, is absolutely asinine.
If you can’t contribute something to the board beyond your (summary) conclusion that “IU sucks and there’s no hope”, then I suggest you hold your thoughts until you have something more constructive to add.
Rant over. Love u guys! 

That would eliminate all the content some posters add though... it seems like they’re a lot more active in times of suckage.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

In your opinion they are not. In my opinion they still are. In the opinion of bracket matrix that takes the average of every bracketologist they are a tourney team (7 seed). IU wouldn’t be the first tourney team to lose 4 games. There has been tourney teams lose to Quad 4 teams before and are still considered tourney teams. When IU starts losing to non tourney teams then maybe I might get a little concerned they might not make the tourney until then they are a tourney team not even on the bubble

Yeah if we are being honest with ourselves there are 10 more games they will have a legit shot in. Maybe more if you think AH magic shows up against the top two. I feel they get to 20 wins in one way or another prior to the big dance. I doubt that leaves us out with the wins we have. We are not playing good now. We need to get out of this stretch and build a little confidence. For decent seeding we needed to win 2 of the last 4 we lost. Tournament wise there are plenty of opportunities to win coming up.

My opinion is not that IU won't make the tourney or is not capable of making the tourney. I think and certainly hope they can and will. My opinion is that the way IU has played the past 2 games (2 1/2 games),  they are not tournament worthy and if the coaches and players don't fix what is wrong, they will lose many more games--probably too many games to make the NCAA Tournament.  The offense is stagnant and the defense is porous.  That has to be fixed or IU will not only lose home games to Michigan, Iowa, and Ohio State but also road games to Northwestern, Rutgers, and Illinois.

I'd like to know what IU works on in practice.  Doesn't appear they do any Offense, Defense or Free Throw shooting.   Was it just me or was D Anderson about 3 seconds behind reality on Defense yesterday?  Also, what is going on with Race Thompson?

After 24 hours away, I’ve stepped off of the ledge that Saturday almost pushed me over. I still believe that this team is capable of being competitive, winning and possibly making a nice little run. Have we looked great the past few games...no. But I still have a hard time believing that this roster and coaching staff cannot pull together enough wins to make the tournament around an 8 seed.

I have concerns like a lot on this board, but I am willing to give Archie more than 2 years to get this figured out and hopefully be our guy long term. 

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

What is the minimum number of wins t get in? 18?

What is the minimum number of wins t get in? 18?

7 more wins guarantee IU will be in the field. Going 10-10 in what many consider the toughest conference and the NET numbers back that up. 6 wins definitely can get them in at going 9-11 in the B1G. If they only win 6 they need one of those 6 wins against a top 20 NET team to feel comfortable going into selection Sunday. Minny and Illinois both made the field with a 8-10 record the year we last won the B1G. If they can’t win 6 or 7 more games then they will have to make a run in the B1G tourney. Also it will depend on what other teams with similar resumes are doing in March.

7 more wins guarantee IU will be in the field. Going 10-10 in what many consider the toughest conference and the NET numbers back that up. 6 wins definitely can get them in at going 9-11 in the B1G. If they only win 6 they need one of those 6 wins against a top 20 NET team to feel comfortable going into selection Sunday. Minny and Illinois both made the field with a 8-10 record the year we last won the B1G. If they can’t win 6 or 7 more games then they will have to make a run in the B1G tourney. Also it will depend on what other teams with similar resumes are doing in March.

I would say we need to win 10 in conference. The big ten tournament is not our friend so we need to go 7-6.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I would say we need to win 10 in conference. The big ten tournament is not our friend so we need to go 7-6.

Minny in 2013 lost 10 out of their last 15 regular season games. Then lost in the first round of the B1G tournament. They finished 8-10 in B1G and got an at-large bid as an 11 seed
If IU gets to 9-11 to go along with their out or conference Quad 1 wins they can make the tourney even if they lose in the first round of the B1G tourney
Minny won a game in the ncaa tourney that year as well

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh my goodness.

As a mod I try to hold my tongue and allow  “basketball opinions” to be expressed, but the complete, irrational gloom expressed by some posters, as summarized in these two posts, is absolutely asinine.

If you can’t contribute something to the board beyond your (summary) conclusion that “IU sucks and there’s no hope”, then I suggest you hold your thoughts until you have something more constructive to add.

Rant over. Love u guys! 

What good is this board if people can't share their honest opinions?  Does every post have to be rainbows and unicorns?  We have looked awful our last couple outings, that is need for concern.  

What good is this board if people can't share their honest opinions?  Does every post have to be rainbows and unicorns?  We have looked awful our last couple outings, that is need for concern.  

It’s pretty clear who Stu’s post applied to. There are individuals that post the same one sentence negativity over and over.

49 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

If  you read this thread up to the point where I weighed in, I’m pretty sure it is clear that the mods have let negativity reign supreme; (and in my opinion  the negative thoughts about the team’s play have been well-founded).

We try to keep this board as a sane place for people to express their thoughts, negative or positive, but at a certain point one-note conclusory gloom and doom posts start to wear down the peoples! 

No posts were hidden; no warning points have been issued; no hard feelings have been created. Just trying to keep the board on track.

Minny in 2013 lost 10 out of their last 15 regular season games. Then lost in the first round of the B1G tournament. They finished 8-10 in B1G and got an at-large bid as an 11 seed
If IU gets to 9-11 to go along with their out or conference Quad 1 wins they can make the tourney even if they lose in the first round of the B1G tourney
Minny won a game in the ncaa tourney that year as well

Going 9-11 and watching on selection day is not ideal imo.

It’s pretty clear who Stu’s post applied to. There are individuals that post the same one sentence negativity over and over.

You are referring to me. Go read my posts from when we were winning and playing well.I call it like i see it.