Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2018 Big-Ten vs ACC Challenge

Notre Dame over Illinois. 70/30
Duke over Indiana 95/5
Penn State over Virginia Tech
MSU over Louisville 60/40
Wisco over NC State 70/30
Iowa over Pitt 65/35

Well i guess I’m leaning 4-2 B1G

Not confident in Penn State or MSU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed here. Not a lot of compelling matchups on paper but these games have a way of playing out better than they look.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You gonna nitpick me on semantics and debate the definition of “good”?  IU hasn’t beaten Nebraska since 2016. They also beat us in 2012 and swept us in 2014. So sorry that I consider a top four conference finish and a 27-12 record over the last two seasons pretty good for a program with little tradition.

Isn’t 99% of all of your random beefs with IU built on semantics?

Looking bad for B1G

MSU goes down. Iowa losing at half at home. Wisco losing at half at home, Indiana getting embarrassed on national television, again.

So will they schedule us against duke again next year no matter how bad we are. Seems to be a given.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is there any rhyme or reason to how they picked these games? It really seems like they could have gotten some better match ups out of this challenge.

Yeah basically we get duke no matter what. Guaranteed lose wach year

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You gonna nitpick me on semantics and debate the definition of “good”?  IU hasn’t beaten Nebraska since 2016. They also beat us in 2012 and swept us in 2014. So sorry that I consider a top four conference finish and a 27-12 record over the last two seasons pretty good for a program with little tradition.

When USPS Hoosier goes savage mode and destroys you, you know you effed up. This was a factual dismantling. USPS just worked overtime delivering the Truth with a capital T, rush delivery. Can always count on the mailman.

So after all the worry, I think the B1G looked pretty good today. Egg on the face with the MSU loss, but they’re likely over ranked in November due to the Izzo factor. They’ll look like a top 25 come February for sure. ND barely beat a very very poor Illinois at home. PSU with the nice upset, and Iowa and Wisconsin took care of business. Close calls on those though.

He didn’t destroy anything. I don’t what kind of person decides to nitpick an innocuous comment unless they have a bug up their butt or an axe to grind. The poor grammar and run on sentences aren’t a good look either. 

I agree. Poor grammar, run on sentences, and missing punctuation look bad.

He didn’t destroy anything. I don’t what kind of person decides to nitpick an innocuous comment unless they have a bug up their butt or an axe to grind. The poor grammar and run on sentences aren’t a good look either. 

And out comes the ad hominem.

I'm likely out of turn here, but I've read more than enough and now it's time to lend a piece of my own observations and I'll be done. So....

I'll venture to say pretty much everyone here is tired of the perpetually dissatisfied pessimistic attitude you've dropped anywhere and everywhere all over this board since at least the beginning of football season. I don't say much around here. And I really don't say much directly to other posters. But man.... I'd hate to see your attitude when the chips are really down.

It's good to have high expectations. I'm glad we do. It's fine to be dissatisfied with current trends of the programs important to you. I don't exactly find things to be stellar at the moment, either. But I don't see the need to spread negativity on things as thick as humanly possible on a daily basis. It's not ok to turn each post into "Woe is Gradman, the unheard victim of Fred Glass and all IU administrators!" You imply USPS has a big up his butt or an axe to grind? You? Really? If I say the name Fred Glass (oops) I fear you might never recover.

Come on man. If you want to be negative, fine. Start an eternal pessimists thread if that's all you care to offer. But stop trying to be infectious. Try to look for some silver linings every once in awhile.

Can we let this go or take it to PM’s? Thanks

Understand mods have a job to do here, but I think plenty of us are sick of the endless drumbeat of misery. Is he explicitly breaking forum rules? No. Is it incredibly annoying? Absolutely. The guy made USPS snap! I have him blocked, but unfortunately still see his posts when he’s quoted by others. It’s damn near unavoidable.

I’ll drop and avoid it again, but just saying that everyone enjoys taking a few swings at the piñata every once in a while.

They have a good basketball program because they beat Clemson, freaking Clemson, in November?

I figured the mighty gradman had higher standards than that.

A win in a true road game is always good to brag on. Can’t be said about us huh

8 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I agree. Poor grammar, run on sentences, and missing punctuation look bad.

Lol I just got hit with the poor grammar comeback. Once you get hit with the poor grammar and semantics comeback it’s time to call it day and move on. . B1G will be a grind this year. From the teams I’ve seen not much separation besides Michigan. Rutgers will be Rutgers