Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2018 Big-Ten vs ACC Challenge

Tonight starts the 2018 B1G/ACC Challenge.  I will keep an updated Challenge Results here and the thread for discussion about the challenge specifically.

B1G - 7

ACC - 7

ACC-Big Ten Challenge Schedule (All times Eastern)

Game Date Time Channel Results
Nebraska vs. Clemson Nov. 26 7 p.m. ESPN2 68-66 - Nebraska
Minnesota vs. Boston College Nov. 26 9 p.m. ESPN2 56-68 - Boston College
Illinois vs. Notre Dame Nov. 27 7 p.m. ESPN2/ESPNU 74-76 - Notre Dame
Virginia Tech vs. Penn State Nov. 27 7 p.m. ESPN2/ESPNU 62-63 - Penn State
Michigan State vs. Louisville Nov. 27 7:30 p.m. ESPN 78-82 - Louisville
N.C. State vs. Wisconsin Nov. 27 9 p.m. ESPN2 75-79 - Wisconsin
Pittsburgh vs. Iowa Nov. 27 9 p.m. ESPNU 68-69 - Iowa
Indiana vs. Duke Nov. 27 9:30 p.m. ESPN 69-90 - Duke
Virginia vs. Maryland Nov. 28 7 p.m. ESPN/ESPN2 76-71 - Virginia
Syracuse vs. Ohio State Nov. 28 7 p.m. ESPN/ESPN2 72-62 - Syracuse
Rutgers vs. Miami (Fla.) Nov. 28 7 p.m. ESPNU 57-54 - Rutgers
North Carolina vs. Michigan Nov. 28 9 p.m. ESPN 67-84 - Michigan
Purdue vs. Florida State Nov. 28 9 p.m. ESPN2 72-73 - Florida State
Georgia Tech vs. Northwestern Nov. 28 9 p.m. ESPNU 61-67 - Northwestern
Edited by CrossboneIU22

Kudos to Nebraska for building a good basketball program. They put forth the effort and it yielded results.

They have a good basketball program because they beat Clemson, freaking Clemson, in November?

I figured the mighty gradman had higher standards than that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They have a good basketball program because they beat Clemson, freaking Clemson, in November?

I figured the mighty gradman had higher standards than that.

Sad day when gradman man has finally given up on the Hoosiers and became a Cornhuskers fan. I’m sure their football program will bring him much greater happiness.

2 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Kudos to Nebraska for building a good basketball program. They put forth the effort and it yielded results.

The juvenile response "Go be a Nebraska fan, then" comes to mind, but given the current state of their school's flagship program, I'm not sure you'd handle that very well.

So having a good year finishing top 4 in the B1G constitutes building a program. Your guy Crean won 2 B1G titles in 4 years and went to sweet 16 3 times. No kudos for building a a program for him correct? By consistently you mean 2 in a row but IU is 12-6 against Nebraska correct?
If you would of said kudos to Nebraska for putting money into a basketball facility and moving in right direction and kudos to Miles for recognizing even with all the bells and whistles he still can’t compete recruiting wise with most in the B1G so he went to the grad transfers and transfer route to construct a winning team I would of been on board with it but to say kudos for building a program after 1 good year (where they didn’t even make the tourney lol)and as a program never winning a ncaa tournament game that’s a stretch don’t you think?

Good post. And all true.

Back to the Challenge:  So after the 1st night, we are tied 1-1.  Nebraska with a nice win over Clemson.  Minnesota with a slight surprise loss (at least in margin, if not outcome) to Boston College on the road.  Tonight we ramp up big time with 6 games on the slate.

Illinois vs. Notre Dame  7 p.m.  ESPN2/ESPNU 

Virginia Tech vs. Penn State  7 p.m.  ESPN2/ESPNU 

Michigan State vs. Louisville  7:30 p.m.  ESPN 

N.C. State vs. Wisconsin  9 p.m.  ESPN2 

Pittsburgh vs. Iowa  9 p.m.  ESPNU 

Indiana vs. Duke  9:30 p.m.  ESPN

You gonna nitpick me on semantics and debate the definition of “good”?  IU hasn’t beaten Nebraska since 2016. They also beat us in 2012 and swept us in 2014. So sorry that I consider a top four conference finish and a 27-12 record over the last two seasons pretty good for a program with little tradition.

Yes pretty good but not up to any of our standards so how good is it? You definitely troll to get a reaction on here lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

You gonna nitpick me on semantics and debate the definition of “good”?  IU hasn’t beaten Nebraska since 2016. They also beat us in 2012 and swept us in 2014. So sorry that I consider a top four conference finish and a 27-12 record over the last two seasons pretty good for a program with little tradition.

Good programs usually qualify for post-season play (don't just get close).  If only we could readjust our standards for IU football to the Nebraska basketball "good program" benchmark, there would probably be a lot less complaining around here.

Yeah I watched those losses as well. I also notice unbalanced schedule where IU only got to play Nebraska once the last 2 years. So since 2016 we only played them twice. I also watched IU crush them by 30 in 2013 when IU won the B1G, win @ Nebraska in 2014, sweep them the next year when IU won the B1G. Side note the loss to Nebraska in 2011-12 season (Cody’s Freshman year) is still one of maddest times I have gotten at IU after a loss