Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

For some reason I just get the feeling we won't ever see Race Thompson play.

He played 4 minutes in the Montana State game. That's probably not what you meant, but technically he's played this year. Scored a bucket too. What makes you think he won't ever play? Just curious.

He played 4 minutes in the Montana State game. That's probably not what you meant, but technically he's played this year. Scored a bucket too. What makes you think he won't ever play? Just curious.
He is nowhere to be found. Maybe he is leaving. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I would think if his concussion is bad enough they might keep him from the game day experience with flashing lights and loud whistles and fans. Concussions manifest themselves in very strange ways. He might just need to avoid the stimulus inputs for a while. Hopefully that’s all it is. I really want to see what he can do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I noticed in one of the previous games that Race had his head in his hands a couple of times that they showed the bench. Which led me to believe what you mentioned about the stimulus. My wife had a minor skull fracture (I know a little more than a concussion) after falling out of a truck. That was probably 11 years ago and she still has issues with lights and noise. Concussions are different for every individual and I applaud the staff for their caution with Race. I know we could use him, however, Race's health is definitely more important than him logging a few minutes.

6 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Maybe he has a concussion?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly. Per sources on this board, he was knocked out in practice. So, it seems logical that he's just injured right now in some capacity. I'm confused as to why people would think he's leaving. What actions suggest that? I don't see the connection, unless people are just trying to stir the pot / troll for some reason.

4 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

Being concussed is a weird feeling. I took a hard hit at a football practice once. Got high-lowed by our 1) All State middle linebacker and 2)our future NY Jet safety. Wow...went back to the huddle and couldn't remember any of the plays. Coach sent me to the sideline to recoup. Twenty minutes later they found me on the baseball field, on pitcher mound in full gear still wearing my helmet warming up. Got me to the locker room where at least I knew how to shower, and then sent me home. Bad thing was....I couldn't remember where the hell I lived and drove around for three or four hours. Was back on the field the next day, but struggled for a few weeks. That's just the way they did things back then.

So glad it changed. Give Race some time and pray for a full recovery.....on his schedule. Basketball is not that important.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

That is absolutely terrifying. I know times were different, but man...Obviously you were just working on your knuckle ball and taking the long way home. 

The fact that we have heard nothing about Juwan is probably good news. If he needs surgery or something equally dire I think we'd have heard that.
True though i doubt he plays tomorrow. Just a hunch.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I should know but I don’t...... does anybody know if Archie has a weekly radio show? Day? Channel? Time?
Any info much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Usually on Mondays at 7 or 7:30. Indiana men’s basketball Facebook page streams it. Not sure about radio channel it would be on

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Usually on Mondays at 7 or 7:30. Indiana men’s basketball Facebook page streams it. Not sure about radio channel it would be on

Usually available on whcc105.com     But tonight's show was taped earlier because the team is on its way to Penn State and don't know just how many hours ago that taping may have taken place.

Exactly. Per sources on this board, he was knocked out in practice. So, it seems logical that he's just injured right now in some capacity. I'm confused as to why people would think he's leaving. What actions suggest that? I don't see the connection, unless people are just trying to stir the pot / troll for some reason.
Some must think concussions s symptoms only last a few days

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The fact that we have heard nothing about Juwan is probably good news. If he needs surgery or something equally dire I think we'd have heard that.

Mike Decourcy said on BTN live last night that JuMo is traveling with the team and will be a game time decision