Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

Is race even in game shape yet?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Speaking of Race, do you know anything about him 7878? Does anybody? Anybody know his HS numbers? I only saw him play 1 game, couple mop up minutes tops. I’ve never entered a conversation about him before because I always assumed he was bench mob material. The redshirt I guess, gave me pause considering it was not injury related. With the amount of people anticipating his return, I thought I’d ask about it. I had previously figured him as an end of the bench type. That not the case?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

i watched a few of his games a couple of years ago. Man, he was pretty dominant inside. He used to play on the same team as M. Hurt and they are real close friends. I'm very excited to see him conditioned and on the court. He was redshirted for an injury/surgery not because of his playing ability.

i watched a few of his games a couple of years ago. Man, he was pretty dominant inside. He used to play on the same team as M. Hurt and they are real close friends. I'm very excited to see him conditioned and on the court. He was redshirted for an injury/surgery not because of his playing ability.
And because he was a re-class. Or at least I believe that was part of the reasoning.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

"Because of his unique path, some may have lost sight of Race Thompson, the recruit.  Rated 71st overall in the country, he was a significant win for Miller and the IU coaching staff.  In his final year of high school he averaged 19.6 points and 8.9 rebounds"

he played on the same AAU team "D1" as Matt Hurt. He graduated HS early and redshirted with IU. I may have been wrong about the injuries (redshirt) but maybe i'm not. I remember reading something somewhere when i was following him and M. Hurt. But, he did redshirt.

Speaking of Race, do you know anything about him 7878? Does anybody? Anybody know his HS numbers? I only saw him play 1 game, couple mop up minutes tops. I’ve never entered a conversation about him before because I always assumed he was bench mob material. The redshirt I guess, gave me pause considering it was not injury related. With the amount of people anticipating his return, I thought I’d ask about it. I had previously figured him as an end of the bench type. That not the case?

Idk much about his high school stats but he was originally a top 100 player in the 2018 class on 247. He then reclassified to 2017 and was ranked about 130. He used that reclass year to redshirt and get healthy from some knee problems. It was known from the time he committed he would redshirt.

As for this year he probably was gonna be a spot minute guy until he got injured. I am willing to bet he would have played more than Clifton and Jake though and with De’Ron going out, possibly could have played significant minutes behind juwan. However, with the concussion it’s hard to tell what to expect for the rest of the year since he’s never played and isn’t in game shape.

He is known for his interior defense and ability to play the stretch 4/5. He has the ability to hit threes in pick and pop. He is not overly athletic and is a below the rim player, but knows how to use his body for positioning on defense and rebounding.

So it was an injury. I did not know that. That’s encouraging. Not his injury, but that you seem to think he can play. He a Justin Smith athletic type? As good or better?

Just now, IUc2016 said:

Idk much about his high school stats but he was originally a top 100 player in the 2018 class on 247. He then reclassified to 2017 and was ranked about 130. He used that reclass year to redshirt and get healthy from some knee problems. It was known from the time he committed he would redshirt.

As for this year he probably was gonna be a spot minute guy until he got injured. I am willing to bet he would have played more than Clifton and Jake though and with De’Ron going out, possibly could have played significant minutes behind juwan. However, with the concussion it’s hard to tell what to expect for the rest of the year since he’s never played and isn’t in game shape.

He is known for his interior defense and ability to play the stretch 4/5. He has the ability to hit threes in pick and pop. He is not overly athletic and is a below the rim player, but knows how to use his body for positioning on defense and rebounding.

He was only 130 because nobody reranked him for 2017 other than 247. 

"Because of his unique path, some may have lost sight of Race Thompson, the recruit.  Rated 71st overall in the country, he was a significant win for Miller and the IU coaching staff.  In his final year of high school he averaged 19.6 points and 8.9 rebounds"
he played on the same AAU team "D1" as Matt Hurt. He graduated HS early and redshirted with IU. I may have been wrong about the injuries (redshirt) but maybe i'm not. I remember reading something somewhere when i was following him and M. Hurt. But, he did redshirt.

Race redshirted to get fully healthy. He decided to reclassify and skip his senior year of high school because he felt it would be better to get to Indiana a year early and fully recover.

From what i remember, he was completely different than anyone else we have. He didn't play the 5 but was an old school big-10 brute that banged inside and out. Again, this is from memory (don't have much these days) but he would clear out the lanes for Hurt who was really skinny back then.

Great stuff. Didn’t see this till after my last was already sent out. I see now why people were so eager to have him back. Sounds like he could play a big role as a junior/senior.

I’d have to think it would be a while before he’s back full and ready for the court. Maybe he gets his wind back fast, who knows. Even if he’s not ready to play games, I bet he’s a great guy to have in practice to go against every day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Asked at the end of the Iowa game thread but this is probably a better place...

Is Jerome cleared? Fully?

I know he is red-shirting to not waste a year of eligibility but is he practicing with the team? Any info on him?

Asked at the end of the Iowa game thread but this is probably a better place...
Is Jerome cleared? Fully?
I know he is red-shirting to not waste a year of eligibility but is he practicing with the team? Any info on him?

He can shoot and do light activities but is no where close to playing or being able to go full contact according to Rabjohns

Update on Hunter from Archie on his show tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I think its pretty serious so i think people need to realize he may not play next year. I have read that. Maybe true and maybe not. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk