Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

31 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Was rumored that Race would make his debut tonight. However, according his Instagram story it doesn’t even look like he traveled with the team.

If that’s the case, this team is seriously cursed

Earlier in the week, I think it was reported he was sick.

Was rumored that Race would make his debut tonight. However, according his Instagram story it doesn’t even look like he traveled with the team.

If that’s the case, this team is seriously cursed

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I assume he is nowhere near game shape. I would honestly be surprised if he ever plays more than a few minutes a game this year.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I assume he is nowhere near game shape. I would honestly be surprised if he ever plays more than a few minutes a game this year.

Yeah I’m not saying he is going to set the world on fire. But Brian snow said on peegs that he was told race would probably play tonight to spell juwan. So just a bummer that him being sick precludes that from happening

Just when he has the chance to play, something happens like this. Unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

It would also surprise me if he played much this year. As I mentioned during the last game....he was healthy for two games early in the season and got a DNP against Chicago State and 4 minutes against Montana State. Obviously Archie did not think Race was wearing a Superman cape on the sideline when he was healthy. Now he had been out for 10-11 weeks so, as you mention, he can’t possibly be in game shape.

It would also surprise me if he played much this year. As I mentioned during the last game....he was healthy for two games early in the season and got a DNP against Chicago State and 4 minutes against Montana State. Obviously Archie did not think Race was wearing a Superman cape on the sideline when he was healthy. Now he had been out for 10-11 weeks so, as you mention, he can’t possibly be in game shape.

I don’t actually think he was healthy for Chicago state, which is why he had the DNP. He pulled his groin in preseason and didn’t play in any of the exhibition. The Montana state game was the first he was available.

18 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I don’t actually think he was healthy for Chicago state, which is why he had the DNP. He pulled his groin in preseason and didn’t play in any of the exhibition. The Montana state game was the first he was available.

I had forgotten about that. Think you are correct that he was not available for Chicago State. He has really been snake bitten this year.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:23 AM, Joe DeLow said:

So since this is important to the rest of IU’s season, does anyone see Romeo shutting it down at any point this year? If his wrist is hurts that bad does he stop and get surgery in prep for the NBA or a return?

I've noticed his wrist has been taped most games this season, do we know what is wrong with it?

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Matt said:

I've noticed his wrist has been taped most games this season, do we know what is wrong with it?

Its the same problem that he had his senior year, not sure what it is but he had the same wrist wrapped the same way last year.

@SethTow

He (Archie) added that De'Ron Davis is starting to jump back into practice, and that Zach McRoberts is shut down for the time being. #iubb

Seth Tow @SethTow
Miller says Devonte Green will be back on Saturday. #iubb
11:09 AM - 1 Feb 2019

Good news from @IndianaMBB staff that Juwan Morgan practiced today. Morgan was knocked out of the game at the 6:04 mark of the first half due to a shoulder injury in the 79-75 overtime victory at @MSU_Basketball @BigTenNetwork
Andy Katz

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Good news from @IndianaMBB staff that Juwan Morgan practiced today. Morgan was knocked out of the game at the 6:04 mark of the first half due to a shoulder injury in the 79-75 overtime victory at @MSU_Basketball @BigTenNetwork
Andy Katz

https://twitter.com/MikeMillerHT/status/1092580132949291008

39 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

What about Bob, er McBob? ... I don't want to see him start, but think he can provide a valuable 8-10 minutes off the bench. Is he good to go? 

The only valuable minutes we get from him are the minutes he sits on the bench.

So this Thursday we should be as deep as we have been all year. Race is back which only leaves Hunter, and he is red shirting anyway. All hands on deck Hoosiers!
Is race even in game shape yet?