Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

I tried to listen to Archie's news conference today, but he stood and wasn't near the microphones, so I couldn't hear very well. But it looks as if De'Ron might be done for the year -- or at least out a good while. And I did see someone post that -- no surprise -- Green remains suspended. 

De'Ron has logged only 11 minutes over the past 5 games, so this won't be a huge adjustment.  Too bad, he had some very good play at times this year.  Juwan never should have been stuck playing the 5 for two years.  

Awesome news about Race Thompson.  Am I remembering that he was the leading scorer at the Hoosier Hysteria scrimmage?  He looked faster than I had expected.  A recent picture of him next to Juwan, and he's slightly taller/bigger than Juwan.  No reason he can't be a guy that logs 20+ minutes a game for 3 years.  That would be welcome.

I saw somewhere that Rob feels back to 100%.  You could say, Rob played his best earlier when Devonte was injured, and there wasn't really a threat of losing the starting position.  Maybe he'll play looser without Devonte there.  

I tried to listen to Archie's news conference today, but he stood and wasn't near the microphones, so I couldn't hear very well. But it looks as if De'Ron might be done for the year -- or at least out a good while. And I did see someone post that -- no surprise -- Green remains suspended. 

I get the feeling davis is done forever. I thought the original plan was to redshirt him this year but maybe he did not want too.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I get the feeling davis is done forever. I thought the original plan was to redshirt him this year but maybe he did not want too.

Davis is done for good. I heard he was graduating early this year anyway and wasn't going to be back and is moving on with life.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

So since this is important to the rest of IU’s season, does anyone see Romeo shutting it down at any point this year? If his wrist is hurts that bad does he stop and get surgery in prep for the NBA or a return?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So what your saying is that Romeo has carpal tunnel from signing all those autographs?

Archie said on last night's radio show that they were getting ready to increase Race's workload in practice to get him ready to possibly see some minutes soon -- and he was sick and couldn't practice. This team just can't guy a break with injuries! 

Also, Rob said the concussion really set him back. "It's annoying -- not remembering everything like you usually do." He said last week was probably the most normal he's felt in a while. 

So since this is important to the rest of IU’s season, does anyone see Romeo shutting it down at any point this year? If his wrist is hurts that bad does he stop and get surgery in prep for the NBA or a return?

With the season tanking i could see. If there is nothing to play for he could say the heck with it.

Was rumored that Race would make his debut tonight. However, according his Instagram story it doesn’t even look like he traveled with the team.

If that’s the case, this team is seriously cursed