Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

Which is why I didn't say anything specific. I know what the actual injuries are. But I'm not going to share that because its quite frankly none of my business. And I am not a Doctor or Trainer. Like most IU fans, I am counting the days untill we get those guys back on the court.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe stop saying anything then - you’ve already said a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Hoping we get hunter this season. If we make the tournament there is still alot of season left to be played. We could still play our best ball in March when it matters most which is what we all want in the end

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I go back and forth on wanting him back this year. On one hand, we're almost halfway done with the year, so it might be better not to burn a year of eligibility. On the other hand, if he comes in and does what many think he's capable of doing he's probably not a four year player anyway, so the extra year of eligibility wouldn't matter. 

I go back and forth on wanting him back this year. One on hand, we're almost halfway done with the year, so it might be better not to burn a year of eligibility. On the other hand, if he comes in and does what many think he's capable of doing he's probably not a four year player anyway, so the extra year of eligibility wouldn't matter. 
I get what you are saying but if you look at it like the tournament is all that matters this season wouldn't be wasted. I agree if we were a lost cause already the save eligibility but nothing is lost yet

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Hunter was in the running for Ohio Mr. Basketball, that is saying something about his game.  I was actually more exited about his commitment than Romeo's.  I thought Hunter was going to be a 2-3 yr. stud for us ,and still could be.  If he is able to ball anytime this season, I would like to see him on the floor.  I honestly believe he is the missing piece on this team this year!  If he isn't able, medical redshirt and get ready for next year.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That is because they do read it. The kids parents read us. The athletic department read us. All have contacted us in the past. That’s part of why a long time ago people went so over the top we would try and reign them in. But people act like you are just trying to censor them. Assessing the game was always ok. Hot takes, bullying, and just making things personal never has been and there was a reason for it. There is just a newer louder vocal minority that can’t see in front of their nose to realize their words actually do touch those people they talk about and do have negative impacts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Conversation about how the team plays is fine. Debates over offensive and defensive styles, no problem. But calling out specific players crosses the line for me. They all signed up to play for the team I support and I'm sure they are trying their best to contribute. Nobody likes to lose, but the player specific criticism is, for me, discouraging.

Conversation about how the team plays is fine. Debates over offensive and defensive styles, no problem. But calling out specific players crosses the line for me. They all signed up to play for the team I support and I'm sure they are trying their best to contribute. Nobody likes to lose, but the player specific criticism is, for me, discouraging.

I’m even for criticizing a player for making bad plays and/or bad games. However, I believe there’s a way to do it constructively. I might not agree with everything Old Friend says but enjoy reading some of his criticisms of players. When I rewatch games I pickup what he was getting at with bad shots, positioning, awareness, etc. that I might have missed watching it live. We love to tout how knowledgeable of a fan base we are but many of “those” posters just like to stir the pot without adding any insight. Constructive criticism with solutions increase the knowledge of the site....

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

32 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m even for criticizing a player for making bad plays and/or bad games. However, I believe there’s a way to do it constructively. I might not agree with everything Old Friend says but enjoy reading some of his criticisms of players. When I rewatch games I pickup what he was getting at with bad shots, positioning, awareness, etc. that I might have missed watching it live. We love to tout how knowledgeable of a fan base we are but many of “those” posters just like to stir the pot without adding any insight. Constructive criticism with solutions increase the knowledge of the site....

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not saying that there isn't a way to constructively discuss individual player performance. But some of the comments after the past two games have been brutal and without any constructive criticism. I would prefer that some of what goes on in the game threads about specific players didn't happen. And I know that if I don't like it, I am free to not participate. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing or else we wouldn't be here.

I have been of the mindset that Hunter would and should redshirt on account of how far into the season we are, or will be.  But, after some thought maybe not. If he is healthy enough, and the doctors and his family are convinced he's in the clear medically, I say let him play.

Not only would he be eager to play, but it gets him some experience for the future.  If he is a future NBA player, "wasting" a year becomes moot.  Also, facing what we believe to be a significant medical issue (hopefully in the rear view mirror now) may hasten his time table for going pro, idk, but it wouldn't be unreasonable.

Finally, this thread is 22 pages in under two months which is indicative of how extreme the problem has been this season.

I have been of the mindset that Hunter would and should redshirt on account of how far into the season we are, or will be.  But, after some thought maybe not. If he is healthy enough, and the doctors and his family are convinced he's in the clear medically, I say let him play.
Not only would he be eager to play, but it gets him some experience for the future.  If he is a future NBA player, "wasting" a year becomes moot.  Also, facing what we believe to be a significant medical issue (hopefully in the rear view mirror now) may hasten his time table for going pro, idk, but it wouldn't be unreasonable.
Finally, this thread is 22 pages in under two months which is indicative of how extreme the problem has been this season.

So is he practicing with the team? Getting in game shapes usually takes some time

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Has anyone heard about Juwan walking in a boot around campus this week? Hoping it’s just someone getting another player mixed up with Juwan.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Indiana posted a video of guys shooting half court shots at practice earlier and he wasn't in a boot. Looked fine to me. Was probably precautionary.

Edited by landrus13

1 minute ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Straight from Hunter during his interview with Don Fisher...." I am reshirting this year." There goes talk of him returning before the season is over.

Well nice to have that settled. Great to see he’s healthy enough to be active. Hopefully able to work on shot and ball handling. 

Straight from Hunter during his interview with Don Fisher...." I am reshirting this year." There goes talk of him returning before the season is over.
In the long run it is better for him and possibly for the program in the long run

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk