Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

If hunter cannot play basketball, IU will honor the scholarship right? Does that move to an academic scholarship or does it continue to count as a basketball scholarship?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You have the big picture correct. I believe it’s a medical hardship waiver or scholarship of some sort, but it would not count against our 13 scholarships.

Just saw this on Twitter. I feel he has been the missing piece to helping this team with his scoring/versatility. Will be curious if he actually plays this year, because with the season so far along, would it be wise to have him start playing immediately in such a good BigTen?!

Just happy to see him out on the court playing the game he loves. Can’t wait to see him play!

12 hours ago, swingline91 said:

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe this is his way of letting some of you know that all of this hearsay about him never suiting up for IU is bullcrap. Also that the players read these posts. Ever notice that sometimes when threads take turns towards negativity, something get posted that blows the thread up? Happens many times on here.

Maybe this is his way of letting some of you know that all of this hearsay about him never suiting up for IU is bullcrap. Also that the players read these posts. Ever notice that sometimes when threads take turns towards negativity, something get posted that blows the thread up? Happens many times on here.
I've noticed it a lot. Some of our most negative posters are the worst about doing that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Well, Devonte, if you’re reading this, please stop shooting. Feed Juwan and Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

One who should live by the Costanza rule..."if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"

One who should live by the Costanza rule..."if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"   

Some seem to rather be like this version of Costanza when it comes to hearing a rumor/armchair coaching... 

https://goo.gl/images/pbfDvk

Devote Green had 15 points against Maryland. He led the way in the 1st half when Indiana jumped out to a lead. Overall, he was 2 for 3 from 3-point range and 5 for 5 from the line, most fouls occurring when he drove to the basket. Yes, he took a couple of bad shots, but generally he played a good game. The plus/minus on him was plus 3. It's hardly accurate to pin the loss on his shooting.

I'm not a Green defender. In fact, I'm not a fan at all, but this is accurate. Our defense in the second half and rebounding(or lack there of) was the key to the loss. Having said, he did throw up a couple boneheaded shots.

Just saw this on Twitter. I feel he has been the missing piece to helping this team with his scoring/versatility. Will be curious if he actually plays this year, because with the season so far along, would it be wise to have him start playing immediately in such a good BigTen?!

Just happy to see him out on the court playing the game he loves. Can’t wait to see him play!

I am sure he would of helped but we have never seen him play so who knows how much. If I recall there was more than one poster in her who had fitzer penciled in as a starter from day one before he even played a game for us. Call me negative but I tend to be caustious about a plyer until I see him play. Fitzer should be lesson one to some.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Devote Green had 15 points against Maryland. He led the way in the 1st half when Indiana jumped out to a lead. Overall, he was 2 for 3 from 3-point range and 5 for 5 from the line, most fouls occurring when he drove to the basket. Yes, he took a couple of bad shots, but generally he played a good game. The plus/minus on him was plus 3. It's hardly accurate to pin the loss on his shooting.

Green '18/'19 reminds me a lot of Newkirk in '17/'18 a fair to good player that would never start or taking up significant minutes on a championship caliber team.  If either player was the seventh or eighth man in a rotation I truly believe the narrative around each would change.  The problem with this team, and last year's to some level, is you have a lot of end of the rotation pieces that shouldn't be playing more than 10 -12 minutes a game.

I am sure he would of helped but we have never seen him play so who knows how much. If I recall there was more than one poster in her who had fitzer penciled in as a starter from day one before he even played a game for us. Call me negative but I tend to be caustious about a plyer until I see him play. Fitzer should be lesson one to some.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If Hunter was somewhere between what Romeo and Rob are (he was in recruiting rankings) he would be contribute. We could use even 20 solid minutes from a wing coming off the bench. If he was in that 6-8 ppg range that would be fantastic.

A healthy Rob, De’Ron, and Hunter makes this team a whole lot better. However, they are/we’re injured so we are who we are, a pretty good team in the middle pack of a great conference.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I've noticed it a lot. Some of our most negative posters are the worst about doing that.

To that, I read a post on Twitter I believe from Priller talking about fan negativity and JMO liked the Tweet. They read.....