Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

I just noticed Archie said today he is practicing on a limited basis but has not been cleared for full contact. Didn't he say last week he had not even returned to practice? If that is the case it would seem he is moving along and is hopefully full go next week. That sounds like a good step towards clearing IU's (probably overcautious as I said earlier) concussion protocol to maybe play vs PU. 

If we lost to Michigan and Maryland on the road with Rob vs without Rob, how does that effect NET? USPS, do you have any insight into this?

I know in previous years they would take into account injuries when looking at seeding. I wonder if they’ll still do that with the new NET system...

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Where are our Doctors from, Purdue or maybe Kentucky? They have infiltrated our school and implemented a concussion protocol that sets us up for failure.

Disclaimer: I am just joking. The well being of our athletes trumps any sporting event as far as I am concerned.

If we lost to Michigan and Maryland on the road with Rob vs without Rob, how does that effect NET? USPS, do you have any insight into this?

I know in previous years they would take into account injuries when looking at seeding. I wonder if they’ll still do that with the new NET system...

Only time injuries come into play is if the injury is season ending otherwise it’s difficult for committee to say if a team would of won games if players that are injured would have played. This happen to Wichita St a couple years back. Van Vleet missed a chunk of the season and the shockers struggled. When he came back they were clearly a better team but the committee seeded the team to what their resume allowed. Last year Notre Dame wanted to say that they were a tourney team despite not having the resume claiming it they weren’t injured they would of won more games. Would they? Probably but committee can’t discount losses plus last year they lost to ball st at home and IU on neutral at full strength. Hope that helps. There was an article about seeding and injuries that Jerry Palm did a couple years ago. I will try to find it and post it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Here is that old article
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/bracketology-teams-wont-get-much-sympathy-for-injuries-suspensions/

8 hours ago, Bobman1 said:

Anyone know whether or not De’Ron is expected to see the floor versus Maryland?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

After what Archie said in the news conference yesterday, I would think it would be a game time decision.

After what Archie said in the news conference yesterday, I would think it would be a game time decision.

Really need De’ron in this one to battle with Bruno Fernando. I have a bad feeling about this game.

5 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Is Jake playing available tonight? Just saw an Instagram post with him dunking. 

He, Rob and De'Ron all practiced in some capacity this week, however, Archie made it sound like Jack and Rob were on the side of doubtful and that De'Ron was more questionable but would try to suit up. 

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

He, Rob and De'Ron all practiced in some capacity this week, however, Archie made it sound like Jack and Rob were on the side of doubtful and that De'Ron was more questionable but would try to suit up. 

Thanks Tx. We need help in all positions.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

There were rumors that Jerome would be back....

IMO, it's more likely they discovered MSB still has a year of eligibility left.   Has anyone seen even the slightest snippet of info that Jerome's even doing any serious practicing?  That's not the kind of news that can be kept under wraps.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

IMO, it's more likely they discovered MSB still has a year of eligibility left.   Has anyone seen even the slightest snippet of info that Jerome's even doing any serious practicing?  That's not the kind of news that can be kept under wraps.

I know lol