Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

15 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

I'm not a medical professional, but it is really hard to fathom the hit that Rob took needing more than 2 weeks to clear protocol.

I agree with you and think that maybe the Kevin Wilson debacle has led to more stringent guidelines when it comes to player safety.

No kidding. concussions are serious, but they aren't mystical and unknowable. I can understand that Race had a severe concussion, but something doesn't seem right with this whole process, particularly with Rob. 

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Damn. Archie said no Phinisee for Illinois. Said he's getting better but he hasn't practiced and hasn't been cleared for basketball activity. He added he wouldn't be available this week and that they're planning to be without him for the foreseeable future. ... Shoot, I was hoping his injury wasn't that bad and he was held out of the past one-plus games as a precaution. Get well soon, Rob! ... Archie also said McBob should be available tomorrow. 

No kidding. concussions are serious, but they aren't mystical and unknowable. I can understand that Race had a severe concussion, but something doesn't seem right with this whole process, particularly with Rob. 
So it appears race and hunter are done for the year and rob is now out for likely a few more weeks. I guess you could say we are snake bit but man we seem tyo have way more injuries than your average team.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Honestly, at this point I get the feeling we won't see Rob until after the Michigan game, and may not see Race the rest of the year. Amazing because it seemed that Rob had a very minor collision, did not anticipate him missing this much time. 
Keep in mind, Mason Crosby missed an entire year in the NHL with a concussion. Race's situation must have been bad. 
We will not see race this year and you can bank it. Rob teo more weeks mi imum imo.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Damn. Archie said no Phinisee for Illinois. Said he's getting better but he hasn't practiced and hasn't been cleared for basketball activity. He added he wouldn't be available this week and that they're planning to be without him for the foreseeable future. ... Shoot, I was hoping his injury wasn't that bad and he was held out of the past one-plus games as a precaution. Get well soon, Rob! ... Archie also said McBob should be available tomorrow. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e6247e6a-4fa4-4d54-910f-08ad6a92c931

I hate this for Rob and Race, and I find the disparity in concussion protocol changes from school to school or various sports. Notre Dame’s stud cornerback came out against Clemson for what the head coach said was concussion protocol yet he played in the second half. How could he have played based on the head coach’s statement?

I hate this for Rob and Race, and I find the disparity in concussion protocol changes from school to school or various sports. Notre Dame’s stud cornerback came out against Clemson for what the head coach said was concussion protocol yet he played in the second half. How could he have played based on the head coach’s statement?
Indiana clearly takes a much more cautious approach imo it seems. We will likely see this every year at iu so i hope we have a deep bench in the future. I do not see any chance of race being back this year. Who knows about next year to be honest.

I hope this stuff doesn't begin to factor into recruiting. I'd be having second thoughts about coming here if the possibility of getting hit in the head at any point resulted in not being able to play for a month.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I hope this stuff doesn't begin to factor into recruiting. I'd be having second thoughts about coming here if the possibility of getting hit in the head at any point resulted in not being able to play for a month.

I doubt kids would care. They think they are invincible. But I bet Moms would love it. 

While the parents might be thinking, they will take care of my kid and only clear him when he’s completely healthy to return. It goes both ways. I believe Rob could go this week but I’ll keep my opinion for the reason to myself.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Well it appears we are down to probably a six or seven man rotation. Mcroberts is not totally healthy from what ive read and fitzner can only play in certain situations. We better hope for no more concussions or we will have starters playing the whole game.

I mean if it happens a few more times this year i think maybe it could factor into it. Im not reading about this at other schools with multiple guys

I mean if it happens a few more times this year i think maybe it could factor into it. Im not reading about this at other schools with multiple guys

That is where I am. Where are all the other concussed players at other schools. This is bizarre

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I believe our football players are regularly getting concussed because it’s the nature of the sport. Based on Rob’s hit, you would think we would have trouble fielding a team. Unless their protocol is different. Rob continued to play before coming out. I’m not making light of his injury, but according to Arch he hasn’t practiced any with the team?

This concussion stuff with our players has me suspicious.. The hit Phinisee took did not seem serious at all. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if people hadn't half jokingly said during the game "oh Rob's gonna be in concussion protocol for a month now". We almost all have probably gotten bumped in the head like Rob did at some point in our lives. On the playground, playing sports, heck I'm a tall guy and I bump my head on things sometimes. We survived. Player safety should be the #1 priority, but when a small bump on the head keeps a player out for 2+ weeks it makes me wonder if the training staff is being overly cautious. 

While the parents might be thinking, they will take care of my kid and only clear him when he’s completely healthy to return. It goes both ways. I believe Rob could go this week but I’ll keep my opinion for the reason to myself.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Wish you could share your opinion cause I am at a loss. And before the concussion police come after me i understand the seriousness and am for player safety. It just to me seems weird that rob is out that long. I mean it's not like he crashed a motorcycle or something

That is where I am. Where are all the other concussed players at other schools. This is bizarre

Collin Gillespie first game back from concussion protocol is tonight. He has been out for a couple weeks. Trey Mourning has missed 2 games for Georgetown and is still in protocol. Chase Johnson for Florida, tony Jackson for UMkC, Malik William from Clemson have all missed time being in concussion protocol this year.
Last year there were a lot of teams that had players miss games as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app