Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

All im saying is people are hyocrites. They talk about how serious this is and how craeful you have to be. Then they turn around and spend 300 bucks to watch guys hit the crap out of each other and cheer it on. Its like I care about it if it affects me but if not who really cares.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree they should be careful. I would never shell out 300 for any game in any sport. I don't hate football, but it is not must see with me. If I have nothing else going on , I might watch a game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Given the stadiums are packed and people are shelling out 300 a ticket like its buying a pack of gum I'd say it will be decades before we see any drop off.

Exactly what I was thinking, only I was thinking $600, not $300, because the cheapest ticket you can get to a Bears game is $610, and then you pay for parking at Soldier Field.  The cheapest parking pass for a Bears game is $209.  And those sellout.  So yeh, not too worried about football dying out anytime soon.

Exactly what I was thinking, only I was thinking $600, not $300, because the cheapest ticket you can get to a Bears game is $610, and then you pay for parking at Soldier Field.  The cheapest parking pass for a Bears game is $209.  And those sellout.  So yeh, not too worried about football dying out anytime soon.
Well yeah the bears are the only game in town right now. My buddy cant even give his blackhawk tickets away. He sold his crap seat tickets for 1000 each when they were in the stanley cup. I cant beluve what people will pay for an nfl game. I cant justify when my kids want a mexico vacation instead.

45 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Well yeah the bears are the only game in town right now. My buddy cant even give his blackhawk tickets away. He sold his crap seat tickets for 1000 each when they were in the stanley cup. I cant beluve what people will pay for an nfl game. I cant justify when my kids want a mexico vacation instead.

Exactly.  I tend to think of it in terms of travel and family too. I could pay several months of my girlfriend's parents mortgage for that, or take her to China for $800.  When you think of it in those terms, don't you wonder how people can justify that expense for a football game, and are you not shocked and do you not do a double-take when people brag about it?  When people brag like that I always wonder how someone could be so completely unaware of how so much of the rest of the world lives, or simply just not even care.  I have concluded that one must work very hard to keep from cluttering the mind and the soul with such thoughts. 

Exactly.  I tend to think of it in terms of travel and family too. I could pay several months of my girlfriend's parents mortgage for that, or take her to China for $800.  When you think of it in those terms, don't you wonder how people can justify that expense for a football game, and are you not shocked and do you not do a double-take when people brag about it?  When people brag like that I always wonder how someone could be so completely unaware of how so much of the rest of the world lives.  I have concluded that one must work very hard to keep from cluttering the mind and the soul with such thoughts. 
China for 800 bucks? Thats a good deal.

Exactly.  I tend to think of it in terms of travel and family too. I could pay several months of my girlfriend's parents mortgage for that, or take her to China for $800.  When you think of it in those terms, don't you wonder how people can justify that expense for a football game, and are you not shocked and do you not do a double-take when people brag about it?  When people brag like that I always wonder how someone could be so completely unaware of how so much of the rest of the world lives, or simply just not even care.  I have concluded that one must work very hard to keep from cluttering the mind and the soul with such thoughts. 
Ive had top notch seats to baseball and NBA games but the tickets were always free through work or connections. Ive got 4th row center court tickets to the indiana vs minnesoata game in february. Again a season ticket holder gave them to me cause he will be in arizona.

23 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

China for 800 bucks? Thats a good deal.

Yes.  I am all about researching, and spending my money wisely to pay for more awesome things like that.  I researched buying my new jeep for 2 months, and saved $10,000 by doing that.  I literally became an expert in the jeep market in the US in just a little over 2 months, and almost as much an expert in flights to and from China, Japan, Singapore.  I can save money and hassle on the Chinese Visa by including third, and even fourth and fifth cities of travel to and from other countries in the region too.  

PM me if you are considering taking the family to China.  I can share with you what I know so far, and save you tons of money.

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Ive had top notch seats to baseball and NBA games but the tickets were always free through work or connections. Ive got 4th row center court tickets to the indiana vs minnesoata game in february. Again a season ticket holder gave them to me cause he will be in arizona.

Right, I get that.  And I also get having tickets to entertain big time clients too.  But I do not understand just throwing away $800 per person on a football game just because you can.  Almost everybody can do that.  Most find something more worthwhile to do with the money though.  Not something to brag about, more like something to be ashamed of lol. 

Warning label on a Riddell Helmet:
WARNING: NO HELMET CAN PREVENT SERIOUS HEAD OR NECK INJURIES A PLAYER MIGHT RECEIVE WHILE PARTICIPATING IN FOOTBALL. Do not use this helmet to butt, ram or spear an opposing player. This is in violation of the football rules and such use can result in severe head or neck injuries, paralysis or death to you and possible injury to your opponent. Contact in football may result in CONCUSSION-BRAIN INJURY which no helmet can prevent. Symptoms include: loss of consciousness or memory, dizziness, headache, nausea or confusion. If you have symptoms, immediately stop playing and report them to your coach, trainer and parents. Do not return to a game or practice until all symptoms are gone and you have received medical clearance. Ignoring this warning may lead to another and more serious or fatal brain injury.

And then there’s this..... the perils of a inflatable beach ball in several languages..... btw.... don’t try to stand on it
IMG_0915.jpg

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes.  I am all about researching, and spending my money wisely to pay for more awesome things like that.  I researched buying my new jeep for 2 months, and saved $10,000 by doing that.  I literally became an expert in the jeep market in the US in just a little over 2 months, and almost as much an expert in flights to and from China, Japan, Singapore.  I can save money and hassle on the Chinese Visa by including third, and even fourth and fifth cities of travel to and from other countries in the region too.  
PM me if you are considering taking the family to China.  I can share with you what I know so far, and save you tons of money.

I may check back with you about China ticket ideas. We adopted a couple of kids from China and planned to return when they were in HS. Time has flown by and we should start planning for that soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Back in high school a couple of my friends who played football would get a concussion every once in a while. The longest I can remember someone being out for was 3 weeks; they’re not typically as bad as Race’s and I’m blown away with what’s been going on with him. Hopefully he takes the necessary time to heal and get back to 100% but I’d be shocked if Rob wasn’t back by Illinois and if not for Michigan. .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Archie is talking to the media now. Obviously, someone asked about Rob. I missed the first part of his answer, but he said Rob was feeling much better than Wednesday night, but was still in concussion protocol. 

I don't know if he ruled Rob out vs. Jacksonville, but I would presume that's the case. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Archie is talking to the media now. Obviously, someone asked about Rob. I missed the first part of his answer, but he said Rob was feeling much better than Wednesday night, but was still in concussion protocol. 

I don't know if he ruled Rob out vs. Jacksonville, but I would presume that's the case. 

As expected. I assume he’ll continue to get better during break and hope he and everyone else takes the opportunity to rest up and come back better than ever

19 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I question some of the “science”

There, I said it....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why? On what basis? What are your questions? 

You're a doctor, so I'm assuming you're fairly familiar with the process for obtaining evidence and linking diseases to causes. Seems odd to just state you doubt the science without explaining your logic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/large-report-finds-evidence-brain-disease-most-former-football-players-n786386

OK, question for someone who knows how athletic training works these days: Do you actually have to have a concussion to be in concussion protocol? ... I saw a report that indicated Phinisee actually suffered a concussion, but I don't know if anybody had confirmed that -- or maybe the report was just based on the fact that he was in protocol.

I assumed protocol was just making sure everything was OK and there were no lingering affects from the injury before releasing the athlete to participate. I'm thinking that Rob isn't playing Saturday as a precaution, to give him extra time to recover and because we should be OK without him. When I initially saw the play Wednesday night, it didn't look all that bad. Then again, appearances can be deceiving. I remember Brian Roberts (former Orioles 2B) got mad because he struck out and hit himself in the helmet with his bat -- and ended up with a concussion. 

A fool and his money are soon parted

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I view this in a positive manner that he'll likely only miss tomorrow's game.

Indiana head coach Archie Miller updated his status on Friday afternoon.

“He’s still in concussion protocol.  I don’t think he feels great.  He won’t be available tomorrow.  From that point forward moving on how he recovers we’ll see post-Christmas but he’s feeling better.  I think each day since the night of the game he’s gotten a little better, but he’s still in protocol.”

Im going to the Browns game Sunday. My ticket was $40 and it will only cost me $5 to park($20 per car). In the past December Browns game tickets were under $10 lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app