Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Duke- 11/27 @ 9:30

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I feel like I have to ask.... 

With our recent struggles against smaller opponents is it possible that:

1. There's less available film of those opponents and it's harder to prepare for

or 

2. We were putting more energy in preparing for Duke and these last two were moreso 'go out and do your thing'

....I'm hoping it's case #2. Go Hoosiers!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

No sarcasm; I really wish we had TV Teddy on our game. No referee that I've seen is more insistent on pissing off a riled up home crowd.

Yeah, but also no referee compromises their impartiality as freely to hold on to long time petty grudges based on nonsense. The BIG dropped TV! No way he allows a BIG team to win. Smart money against MSU + a tech from Izzo. Teddy knows who feeds him!

18 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

If IU walks out with a loss under 25 points, it’ll be a victory. The positive? The new ranking system only goes to 10. So a 50 point loss is the same as a 10 point loss.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think my expectations really depend on who plays, if green and mcroberts are healthy I'd still be very dissatisfied with a blow out

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I feel like I have to ask.... 

With our recent struggles against smaller opponents is it possible that:

1. There's less available film of those opponents and it's harder to prepare for

or 

2. We were putting more energy in preparing for Duke and these last two were moreso 'go out and do your thing'

....I'm hoping it's case #2. Go Hoosiers!

I'm assuming you're referring to the UTA and UC Davis games? I don't think it's either of those things. We were short handed, missing our best defender and back-up point guard (also probably our 2nd best defender) while playing 3 games in 6 days over a holiday break. IMO, nothing more, nothing less. Get the guys healthy again, refocus, and I think we'll see this team back to what we all hoped. 

If IU walks out with a loss under 25 points, it’ll be a victory. The positive? The new ranking system only goes to 10. So a 50 point loss is the same as a 10 point loss.

I totally agree. Im thinking probably about 35 but if we got it under 20 I would be pretty happy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

How different do the last three games look if we replace Damezi with McRoberts?
Not looking to rip Damezi (he is a freshman!) but there is no question we would be entering this game undefeated and ranked in the top 20. We also would’ve won the last two games handily and would be feeling much better about ourselves.
i am trying to find reasons for optimism.

My theory too. If De’Ron makes that tip in VS. Arkansas, Devonte and McBob are healthy that game, and Juwan doesn’t get two fouls in two minutes we’re sitting at 6-0 and a top 20 team. I have a feeling the fan base would have more optimism and we’d be expected to play a tighter game than we are at the moment.

This Hoosier team can be great, Archie gameplanned well last year and I wouldn’t expect anything different this year. The guys seem confident and unfazed by the spotlight which is a critical thing. Romeo and Juwan are some of the best talents in CBB and hopefully we’ll have the injured guys back and able to step up.

If it were being played at Assembly I’d actually pick us to win but a single digit loss shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

What is this under 25 point bs. No way is that acceptable let alone a victory. That is a ace kicking. Under 10 is begrudgingly acceptable show of face and still dissapointing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly. We used to have a program where the expectation was to win these types of games. Low expectations helps to ensure the status quo.
We are all beginning to see it your way. It is over and our facilities suck. We wrll never be good again so why bother

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app