Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Duke- 11/27 @ 9:30

9 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Do you think Archie is young enough to be open minded regarding offensive pay? Meaning do you think he would be open to bringing in an assistant who is kind of like an OC in FB because he can be honest with himself enough to know he has some learning to do regarding that aspect of the game? It seems like Archie has made his bones in the defensive side of the ball and needs to grow a little offensively. Just throwing ideas out there for conversation’s sake.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've never gotten the impression that Archie is a control freak.  I think Tom Ostrom is safe.  Ed is safe.  Bruiser, I think, helps with recruiting a fair bit.  I think I've seen some quotes from parents that Bruiser puts their minds at ease that their kids will be taken care of at Indiana.  So now an additional coach?  Maybe.  I think Archie is smart enough to do it himself, maybe just needs to evolve a little bit.  

1 minute ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Not the mechanics of the shot, per se. I’m thinking of a more systematic approach.

Archie’s offense is predicated on two things. A) Forcing missed shots or turnovers on defense B) Taking care of the ball early in the clock especially  

if you aren’t doing those two things it falls apart completely  He sometimes compares it to the Suns with Nash but they were very good after a made basket 

We are also jacking way too many 3s

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie’s offense is predicated on two things. A) Forcing missed shots or turnovers on defense B) Taking care of the ball early in the clock especially  

if you aren’t doing those two things it falls apart completely  He sometimes compares it to the Suns with Nash but they were very good after a made basket 

We are also jacking way too many 3s

Passing around the perimeter while no one moves makes me want to vomit.

KenPom has us at 27 on offense and 28 on defense.  So we're clearly not as bad as we're making it out to be.  

Thw most depressing thing was I watched the game knowing we had a 0.00% chance of winning. Great job with the matchup espn i hope you got the tv ratings you wanted. I suppose next year they will send us to chapel hill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Do you think Archie is young enough to be open minded regarding offensive pay? Meaning do you think he would be open to bringing in an assistant who is kind of like an OC in FB because he can be honest with himself enough to know he has some learning to do regarding that aspect of the game? It seems like Archie has made his bones in the defensive side of the ball and needs to grow a little offensively. Just throwing ideas out there for conversation’s sake.

Similar idea to what Beilein did at Michigan for defense. He's an offensive coach and delegated defense to a new assistant I believe. Michigan is now playing stellar defense. Wonder if there's someone on the IU bench who can help on offense.

Thw most depressing thing was I watched the game knowing we had a 0.00% chance of winning. Great job with the matchup espn i hope you got the tv ratings you wanted. I suppose next year they will send us to chapel hill

I predict a home game versus Syracuse.

My expectations were met last night. We’re not as bad as a this Duke team made us look. The hope is that Archie can use these low moments as the forge to harden our team as the season progresses.

As for specifics I would say that Justin Smith’s hands ( aka Hanner Perea hands ) will be his undoing as a player and Devonte Green should probably look to transfer at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My expectations were met last night. We’re not as bad as a this Duke team made us look. The hope is that Archie can use these low moments as the forge to harden our team as the season progresses.

As for specifics I would say that Justin Smith’s hands ( aka Hanner Perea hands ) will be his undoing as a player and Devonte Green should probably look to transfer at some point.

Im very concerned about the next four games. Every one of them is loseable. A tough preseason schedule is great if your a great team but we are currently an average team with a brutal non conference schedule. If we lose to butler and louisville we are in rough ncaa shape.

Im very concerned about the next four games. Every one of them is loseable. A tough preseason schedule is great if your a great team but we are currently an average team with a brutal non conference schedule. If we lose to butler and louisville we are in rough ncaa shape.

The only positive being that we won’t see another Duke the rest of the year. I mean this Duke team is unreal. This Indiana team though, is good enough to manufacture some good wins and it’ll have those opportunities soon.

I am still in a wait and see approach with this team as I felt it was a 20-22 win team going into the big ten tourney. I still have confidence that they can get there but the last few games have been tough to watch.

I feel like the free throws are what they are and are not going to improve so we will have to deal with it, unfortunately. But as for the turnovers I hope Archie can turn that around. He did it last year so there is proof he knows how to get that cleared up.  If he does I think this team is still top 3-5 in the big ten. 

My positives from last night:

De'ron Davis and Durham. A healthy McRoberts and Green (although Green looked like the same frustrating player we have seen more times than not). Willing to give a bit of a break to him since he has been out. 

Negatives:

Too long a list. I'm most disappointed in Justin Smith. He looks lost. I would sit his butt on the bench until he wakes up. He looked like a deer in the headlights more than any other player last night. I start McRoberts instead or Davis. Also, I am all for giving Forrester a little run if we can. I'd really like to see someone develop into a shot blocker/rebounder b/c right now we are limited in that regard. 

11 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Frankie vision is back at it: says the reason Romeo didn’t go off last night was because of the coaching staff not putting him in the right situations to score.

Really dislike this guy. His comments are so out of line and just not accurate at all. If I was Romeo I would stay away. He goes out of his way to call out Archie and our system game in and game out if Romeo doesn't score 30 points and take 20 shots. 

5 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Really dislike this guy. His comments are so out of line and just not accurate at all. If I was Romeo I would stay away. He goes out of his way to call out Archie and our system game in and game out if Romeo doesn't score 30 points and take 20 shots. 

13 minutes ago, The Ola Depot said:

Slow ball?? We were way too fast and out of control. I’d hate to see fast ball if last night was slow.

Exactly, it's quite funny that was his main takeaway and complain from the game.  It's one thing to complain about something that is actually accurate but this clown doesn't seem to understand what he is actually filming.