Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

ALLEN thinking of turning over defensive coordinator duties to someone else.

I don't know if anyone follows IHSAA football but Evansville Memorial QB Michael Lindauer will be on a visit to IU on Friday. Personally think he is a D1 QB. Probably in the discussion for Mr. Football. Won state as a junior and almost won it this year. Don't know if he is a difference maker or not but couldn't do any worse than Penix or Ramsey. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I don't know if anyone follows IHSAA football but Evansville Memorial QB Michael Lindauer will be on a visit to IU on Friday. Personally think he is a D1 QB. Probably in the discussion for Mr. Football. Won state as a junior and almost won it this year. Don't know if he is a difference maker or not but couldn't do any worse than Penix or Ramsey. 

More options at QB please

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

More options at QB please

Exactly. Currenlty committed to SIU for football and baseball. He is opening his recruitment back up. Probably the best football player to come out of Evansville since Levron Williams. Again, don't know how good he would be in the B1G but I think he deserves a shot. Was a 4 year starter in high school. He can be a solid D1 QB somewhere. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

How in the world can you make a reasonable argument against what Penix can or can't be at this point?     He threw 34 passes, completing 21 of them with a TD and no INT's with an arm obviously strong enough to play at the D1 level.  How is it reasonably possible to make a comment such as "he couldn't do worse than Penix?"  Based on what???   

\Lindauer looks like a very good QB for Wabash right now.  He's just not that accurate and throws the ball up for grabs way too frequently.

14 hours ago, Kepner said:

Can IU just hire Matt Canada back to be the OC now that Maryland has hired a new head coach?

We already have an OC. It appears Allen is perfectly happy with him. So, I guess we've got at least another year of watching that "offense."

13 hours ago, Old Friend said:

How in the world can you make a reasonable argument against what Penix can or can't be at this point?     He threw 34 passes, completing 21 of them with a TD and no INT's with an arm obviously strong enough to play at the D1 level.  How is it reasonably possible to make a comment such as "he couldn't do worse than Penix?"  Based on what???   

\Lindauer looks like a very good QB for Wabash right now.  He's just not that accurate and throws the ball up for grabs way too frequently.

6.4 yards per attempt.. Same as Ramsey. I wasn't all that impressed with him. 

48 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

6.4 yards per attempt.. Same as Ramsey. I wasn't all that impressed with him. 

Hello, stalker.   Nice to see you again.

Look, either your eyes work or they don't.   Either you're objective or you're not.   The two couldn't be more different. You can either see and acknowledge that or you can't.  Based solely on what you saw from a junior and a true freshman, are you really saying they're the same player or just antagonizing for the hell of it?   You and I both know the answer.    See you next season, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

We already have an OC. It appears Allen is perfectly happy with him. So, I guess we've got at least another year of watching that "offense."

I saw an article today that Debord was paid as the #126 coordinator in the country. Rutgers, Minnesota and Illinois all have a higher paid assistant. You can't have nice things if you aren't willing to pay for it. People can criticize Allen all you want for not making a change but this clearly limits him big time. McRobbie and Glass need to wake up. Actually it will never happen with McRobbie so better to wait until he is gone. 

16 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

...Probably the best football player to come out of Evansville since Levron Williams. ...

That's a stretch.  You must have forgotten about that TE for the Denver Broncos out of Memorial.  Speaking of Vanderbilt, they currently have an OT/TE  out of the SIAC.  While we're riding that Vandy train there was a QB out of Heritage Hills that ended up playing QB on Sundays too!  Look, Lindauer is good but come on man.

16 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

From what I read is and what I’ve heard from family down in southern Indiana is that he is taking an official to cincy this weekend. He actually won’t be stepping on IUs campus. I believe Sheridan might be going down to visit for an in home. 

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Look, either your eyes work or they don't.   Either you're objective or you're not.   The two couldn't be more different. You can either see and acknowledge that or you can't.  Based solely on what you saw from a junior and a true freshman, are you really saying they're the same player or just antagonizing for the hell of it?   You and I both know the answer.    See you next season, I'm sure.

You have thousands of posts and I've responded to what, a dozen of them? I even like some of them. Is that ok? Do you still think DeBord is the answer at OC? Apparently you're the only one whose eyes still work because everyone else thinks he's terrible.  

I said nothing about the two being similar players. All season long you hung your hat on YPA being the ultimate measure of ability. Well, guess what. Ramsey and Penix had the same YPA last year. And Ramsey had a high completion percentage. If the one game where Penix got extended playing time he went 9/19 for 94 yards. That's good for 4.95 YPA. I know that the backup quarterback tends to the most popular guy on the team, but what I saw from him didn't really excite me. I wasn't that impressed with him. Sure, he has some potential based on athleticism and arm strength, but it takes more than that to be a good quarterback. 

Dude. You post on an open forum and you post typically in a condescending or combative tone. People are going to respond. They aren’t your stalker when they participate in conversation on a board. You gotta get over yourself and whatever grudge you have with your father.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dude. You post on an open forum and you post typically in a condescending or combative tone. People are going to respond. They aren’t your stalker when they participate in conversation on a board. You gotta get over yourself and whatever grudge you have with your father.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I bet he has more than one keep off the grass signs.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:17 PM, HoosierFan1994 said:

Tom Allen never even made it to state as a high school football coach. He is Tom Crean 2.0. 

With all due respect, Tom Crean had a couple of conference titles.  Tom Allen is 0 for 2 in just making a bowl games, 0 for 1 in winning bowl games (after Wilson was fired), 0 for 2 head to head against Purdue.

Honestly, what is Tom Allen's biggest accomplishment at IU?

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

With all due respect, Tom Crean had a couple of conference titles.  Tom Allen is 0 for 2 in just making a bowl games, 0 for 1 in winning bowl games (after Wilson was fired), 0 for 2 head to head against Purdue.

hahaha you are so right. I guess having the 8th best Big Ten recruiting class for 2019? 

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Getting Hired

4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

That's a stretch.  You must have forgotten about that TE for the Denver Broncos out of Memorial.  Speaking of Vanderbilt, they currently have an OT/TE  out of the SIAC.  While we're riding that Vandy train there was a QB out of Heritage Hills that ended up playing QB on Sundays too!  Look, Lindauer is good but come on man.

I'm talking high school players. Not what they did on college or pros. No way Lindauer is a pro. Just think he will be a solid D1 QB somewhere. He had as good of a high school career as anyone could have. That's what I meant. 

19 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I think I meant it more toward Ramsey... Don't know as much about Penix. Probably deserves the starting nod next season. They need a change. 

13 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm talking high school players. Not what they did on college or pros. No way Lindauer is a pro. Just think he will be a solid D1 QB somewhere. He had as good of a high school career as anyone could have. That's what I meant. 

I hear ya.  And I'm saying there have been a lot of really good high school football players come out of the area in between 1997 and now that went on to be solid D1 players.  Like, a lot of kids, man.