Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Purdue 11/24/18 Noon ESPN2

2 hours ago, finky said:

Can we all agree, with Glass at the helm, this is as good as it gets.  They have dumped $30-$40 Million into football facilities to be able to better compete with other Big Ten Teams.....when does the compete portion come in?

Agree

57 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I'm not sure I see more than 4-5 wins on the '19 schedule unless another B1G program has major turnover, looking at the Maryland dumpster fire and Brohm's future at Purdue.  Our rotating cross-over plays (Northwestern & Nebraska) will be tough and our Home/Away splits aren't kind.

This just underscore how we have absolutely pooped the bed the last two seasons.

Super frustrating.
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/indiana/

I also see 4 maybe 5 wins if NW has a bunch of seniors from this year leaving or Brohm gets replaced with a broom.

I'm not sure I see more than 4-5 wins on the '19 schedule unless another B1G program has major turnover, looking at the Maryland dumpster fire and Brohm's future at Purdue.  Our rotating cross-over plays (Northwestern & Nebraska) will be tough and our Home/Away splits aren't kind.
This just underscore how we have absolutely pooped the bed the last two seasons.
Super frustrating.
Saturday
Aug. 31
ball-st.png&key=7b9b0cd3af933a73d6b6b1233a263ae27d7fdafef15cd06011525cf295aa8307 vs Ball State CardinalsLucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Saturday
Sep. 7
eastern-illinois.png&key=7ce6da36c9a7a8d88b0ee9bef33ce3ed06c794dd083ba3a4132ab02b3531856f Eastern Illinois PanthersMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 14
ohio-st.png&key=e85b34567e7e88b21cb70d30de9c2bf096a576a6c32feae7782178ae1d3f8484 Ohio State BuckeyesMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 21
connecticut.png&key=00f3a0fdd35e65a43e23de7f92acac507e6c6115a18e6867f30856828a8907ee UConn HuskiesMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 28
michigan-st.png&key=a1434aa1b97882146b0b2efe8b3aeaff5c40f766a3e921f8dd9208afa3d94225 at Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 12
rutgers.png&key=d7ed1a4a64cb31a380773e8deda32c525b8e17bbc610819a0eb4c59f1b7b7ced Rutgers Scarlet Knights(HC)Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 19
maryland.png&key=ea3e5c258186bd297658b6b3419446db27b60afe01a920ab359dc0855498322e at Maryland TerrapinsMaryland Stadium, College Park, MD Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 26
nebraska.png&key=4c0ed9849652ee5df4e1f75d5e941a4c27c36153c8ee8084aae069da2720934e at Nebraska CornhuskersMemorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 2
northwestern.png&key=536861ddfc9ba12042e4c8e5582f10c8158509826585316f53ed8fd5e9b389f5 Northwestern WildcatsMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 9
  OFF    
Saturday
Nov. 16
penn-st.png&key=a1a65a7409e58de9d3dbf25c44c62797605159ca9954a6068305534bb15de8cc at Penn State Nittany LionsBeaver Stadium, University Park, PA Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 23
michigan.png&key=b04d4cf9fba978f593fe4de774add75600c8e7160b0293578a9e046e5dc3e6dc Michigan WolverinesMemorial Stadium, Bloomington, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 30
purdue.png&key=4e6217c7e3f96e502de442ad938bec41b2ceebe8151e0edfbe72ccfb0cb11495 at Purdue BoilermakersRoss-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/indiana/

I see 4-8

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Unless something changes in a big way, we aren't winning at Purdue. That seems to be the swing game most years. Given our division, it's hard to see six wins next year.

7 hours ago, finky said:

Can we all agree, with Glass at the helm, this is as good as it gets.  They have dumped $30-$40 Million into football facilities to be able to better compete with other Big Ten Teams.....when does the compete portion come in?

Agree

10 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Bring the damn bucket home, lets go bowling, and lets get Brohm an Uber ride to Louisville

with Petrino out i would suspect he will be a strong candidate for the Louisville job.

14 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Agree

It starts wen they get a coach that is a proven winner at the major college level which of course will never happen ...and don't give me that.."who would come there"...crap..if the money is right it can happen but again I say that's never going to happen

We arrived home around 3am this morning after attending my first IU game at Memorial Stadium since the Navy game and was honored to take my wife and children to Bloomington for the first time and show off the stadium.  Because it was a quick in/out trip for the game (and the drive home loomed) I wasn't able to show the family around the campus.  We arrived at 11am, hopped into the Varsity Shop and then headed over to the game.  By the time we got the munchkins fed and watered it was nearing game time.  We bolted after the game (after another quick stop at the Varsity Shop).  Nice to see some things never change...those lights in Martinsville still suck...but 37 overall is much better than the last time I made the trek.
The stadium.  It's absolutely gorgeous.  I mean, beautiful.  I absolutely love it.  I remember how much the wind ripped through the stadium when the ends were open.  There was a good breeze on Saturday, but I barely felt it.  Ok, one crappy thing...the flag pole.  It split my view of the screen.  More of an annoyance, but couldn't they find a better spot for it?! 
The game.  Welp, we were who we thought we were.  More of the same.  We still can't tackle.  Still can't throw a deep ball (thank God for PI's to keep drives alive).  I like Ramsey...but he's not the guy.  Marcelino Ball is a stud.  I don't know if anything about his future has been said, but I'll be shocked if he's around next year.  Stevie Scott was a pleasant surprise for the season.  #27 with the throat slash...c'mon man.  Right in front of the official too.  Luckily that drive stalled out mid-field, but it would have been nice to have that field position.  So many things to rant about.  Ah well, I'm a homer and I love IU and still had a good time. 
The crowd.  You could hear a pin drop.  I know I know put a better product on the field...etc etc.  Scott would run 8 yards, drag 3 guys, and it was like a golf clap throughout the stands.  Don't know if that's the norm or a culmination of the season.  And there was a fight in the section about 20 rows below me.  That's always fun.  I couldn't see what was going on, but there were about 10 cops and 5 event staff roaming around and eventually a couple guys were pulled out.  Purdue fans were classy for the most part, nothing that was said that was cringe worthy...lots of compliments on the stadium.
And who the hell puts up scores and stats on the big screen?!  Is this amateur hour, there were multiple errors throughout the game.  The halftime stats were wrong (34 receptions at half?!), they had the Georgia/Georgia Tech score flip-flopped, so everyone thought Tech was laying a beating on Georgia.  Just total amateur hour.  Embarrassing.
Regardless of the outcome I always love being in Bloomington, if only for a few hours. 

IMG_2538.thumb.jpg.9b262aaffe5732ab872fa930bb4467ad.jpg

I was also there. Stadium is beautiful. I too was very disappointed but he crowd involvement. We’re playing our rival and I had no problem carrying on a conversation with a neighbor who happened to be there and was sitting four rows in front of me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 hours ago, azguybob said:

same ole IU FB...4-5 wins a year...nothing ever changes !!

The Tom Allen hire should get Fred Glass fired. Ridiculous... Football is important too. I get moving on from Kevin Wilson (he wasn't the guy either) but I'm tired of IU football being mediocre. They can win 8-10 games a season with the right leadership. Look at Northwestern or Iowa. Find a Pat Fitzgerald or Kirk Ferentz. I laugh when people were so happy IU was getting some of these recruits yet the class was ranked near dead last in the Big Ten. Hence back to back 5-7 seasons....with a loss to your rival to end the season. IU football needs a change and maybe a change in administration as well. Glass is 0-2 on big time hires so far. The best thing he has done was booting Crean and hiring Archie. I hope I'm not the only fan thinking this either. 

I get the frustration. I've been following IU football since the late fifties, and outside of a handful of years, it's been forgettable. But we are who we are and I see no sign of that changing. If we were in the B1G West, then maybe we could talk about an occasional seven or eight win season. But as it stands now, what we've had is what we will get for the foreseeable future.

Stadium seats covered in goose poop, closed concession stand, food selling out by the second quarter, the donor room resembling an airport terminal, malfunctioning scoreboard, quiet crowd for the biggest game of the season...

If Gregg Doyel wasn't so busy constantly worshiping Jeff Brohm and Rondale Moore, he could probably write a pretty scathing article about this that might actually find its way into Glass's peripheral vision.