Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Purdue 11/24/18 Noon ESPN2

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If this isn't exactly what IU football is all about.  This from CrimsonCast  -  All season we're told fans need to show up. Then we do today and one main food stand is closed. And the others are sold out of pizza and hot dogs in second quarter. If you want fans to show. Be ready when they do!

The donor room is in disarray too, Cool Dad do something!!!

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Why is Ramsey scrambling on 4th and 9?? I hate this offense. DeBord better be gone

I didn't necessarily have a problem with him running on that play. The thing is -- he took too damn long. His timing and decision-making are terrible. He either drops back and immediately checks down to a 2-yard pass or drops back and holds the ball too long. Then he takes a sack, throws it away after scrambling around in circles or decides to run -- when it's too late. 

I'll admit that I refuse to watch IU football but I do follow the game threads.  Even to me, someone who is far from an expert, I can't understand the number of times that we need 9 yards and we throw a 7-yard pass, etc.  It's blatantly clear to me that this tactic has failed on so many occasions but I can't fathom why Coach Allen hasn't given DeBord a kick in the a$$ and told him his play calling sucked.  

24 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not that juicy, but it sounds like Aloha is in on it.

For the record, the reffing hasn’t been egregious enough for me to claim said theory.

Still considering though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's not just this game or this sport.  I guess you could call it human nature but wouldn't be surprised if there was a little incentive.  I don't think it's as blatant as "make this call, don't make that call" but I do believe crews are put in place for certain games for certain reasons.  It's easy enough to do for playoffs or conferences to do...