Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

IU vs UC Davis

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Ok go ahead and be miserable. It’s not being lazy , it’s called being exhausted. These guys are still adjusting. Just watch and see what happens. Trust an old Hoosier who’s seen many a time even with bob knight teams. If this team gets some of the injured players back, this team will be real fun to watch.

I appreciate your instinct to defend the team- but I agree with WatShot. That was a gutless display tonight that had little to do with fatigue, IMO. They lost my respect tonight. 

I have to admit that I’m scratching my head with the early questioning of Miller. I’m frustrated too but Miller is a bulldog, and I believe he will eventually have a team that mirrors his personality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every coach should be questioned. The probably with crean was he got a three or four year pass with no questioning anything of him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Every coach should be questioned. The probably with crean was he got a three or four year pass with no questioning anything of him. 

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree. Coaches shouldn't get a 4 year honeymoon phase. Even if we really want to believe. At some point the product you see consistently is the product you will continue to see. Now I'm not done with Archie yet but yes he has some splainin' to do after this week.  

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Good god, our fan base makes me shake my head sometimes.

Any fan base with expectations Better react like we are when the team isn’t competing, defending, and lacking seemingly all confidence at home against UC Davis.

What would any competitive fan base do?

We are a blue blood school that hasn’t tasted recurring success for 30 years. Patience is getting a little thin and even fanbases that have regular success would respond just like us.

Why do we always beat up our own fan base????

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Bielfeldt made a nice point:
The 1976 undefeated Hoosiers beat (among their 32 wins) a 6-20 Ohio State team by two points, 66-64.
This team ain’t the 1976 Hoosiers. Especially with three of our top nine players sidelined.
We won by 14 to move to 5-1.
We played uninspired ball for 30 minutes, and had plenty in the tank at the end.
We’re fine.

I’m not sure we are fine but otherwise I can agree. We still have enough potential to have a good year. By the 1st of the year we will have a pretty good idea where we stand.

Bielfeldt made a nice point:
The 1976 undefeated Hoosiers beat (among their 32 wins) a 6-20 Ohio State team by two points, 66-64.
This team ain’t the 1976 Hoosiers. Especially with three of our top nine players sidelined.
We won by 14 to move to 5-1.
We played uninspired ball for 30 minutes, and had plenty in the tank at the end.
We’re fine.

Agreed on a 1 game basis but in this young season we have played poorly 3 games in a row and do not seem to be getting better at the most rudimentary parts of the game like free throws, layups and passing. It’s crazy given how much talent we have, injuries or not. Every team has injuries and it seems like several are precautionary

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

Ok go ahead and be miserable. It’s not being lazy , it’s called being exhausted. These guys are still adjusting. Just watch and see what happens. Trust an old Hoosier who’s seen many a time even with bob knight teams. If this team gets some of the injured players back, this team will be real fun to watch.

Our '81 championship team was busy getting waxed in Hawaii about this time in 1980. We were terrible.