Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

IU vs UC Davis

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did Archie tell these guys to play relaxed D in order to avoid foul trouble that we couldn’t afford maybe. Then near the end of the game took the restriction off

I was trying to think of ways to excuse that godawful 35 minute stretch and wouldn't have thought of this. Thanks.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

There's never an excuse for the lack of effort we saw in the first 35 minutes. That's the kind of crap we wanted to believe we'd moved on from. I don't care if they're tired; tired is for losers.

Yeah because it’s not ok for a bunch of freshman and sophomores to make mistakes. It’s called learning while being short handed. Grow up, we are miles ahead from any of the Coach Crean coached teams.

6 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Yeah because it’s not ok for a bunch of freshman and sophomores to make mistakes. It’s called learning while being short handed. Grow up, we are miles ahead from any of the Coach Crean coached teams.

There's making mistakes, and then there's being lazy and disinterested. If we're making mistakes that force us to play from behind the entire game against a team that bad, then maybe we simply aren't as good as we want to believe.

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I am officially neutral on Archie. FTs and Turnovers are ridiculous and frankly should not be this persistent of an issue. 

I agree. I don''t want to over-react, but this is unacceptable. There is no freaking reason for IU to struggle like this consistently. NONE.

This was a test of character and IU failed. Only Juwan gave an effort for the 1st 30 minutes. Let the walk-ons play. It couldn't be any worse then that embarrassing effort tonight. 

I'm disgusted. Injuries don't prevent you from giving effort or playing defense. 

UC Davis wasn’t bad at all.

Rob Phinisee completely outclassed Shorts, their best player, when it counted.

Al Durham is a pretty darn good player.

DeRon is slow. 

Fitzner has horrible hands. If he can get open looks he helps the team win. If not? Meh.

Justin Smith showed flashes of confidence. He also defended pretty well.

JUWAN MORGAN? A true leader, and damn good at basketball.

First obvious observation is IU needs to get healthy. Defensive intensity needs to be better. The offense was too stagnant at times.
Good news is they found a way to take control in the final 5 minutes and win a game that they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

There's never an excuse for the lack of effort we saw in the first 35 minutes. That's the kind of crap we wanted to believe we'd moved on from. I don't care if they're tired; tired is for losers.

Absolutely. I'm tired of excuses. UC-Davis absolutely sucked. They aren't bad, they are terrible and IU should have beat them by 35 without breaking a sweat. even worse was they seemed to be waiting to "turn it on" at some point.  I'm sick of this crap and dreading the epic beat-down coming Tues. 

I agree. I don''t want to over-react, but this is unacceptable. There is no freaking reason for IU to struggle like this consistently. NONE.
This was a test of character and IU failed. Only Juwan gave an effort for the 1st 30 minutes. Let the walk-ons play. It couldn't be any worse then that embarrassing effort tonight. 
I'm disgusted. Injuries don't prevent you from giving effort or playing defense. 
Miller was not a sure fire home run hire. He's never coached at this level. Honestly you should not be shocked mid major hires don't pan a lot of times. I guess we will know a lot more by February

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, TheWatShot said:

There's making mistakes, and then there's being lazy and disinterested. If we're making mistakes that force us to play from behind the entire game against a team that bad, then maybe we simply aren't as good as we want to believe.

Ok go ahead and be miserable. It’s not being lazy , it’s called being exhausted. These guys are still adjusting. Just watch and see what happens. Trust an old Hoosier who’s seen many a time even with bob knight teams. If this team gets some of the injured players back, this team will be real fun to watch.

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Absolutely. I'm tired of excuses. UC-Davis absolutely sucked. They aren't bad, they are terrible and IU should have beat them by 35 without breaking a sweat. even worse was they seemed to be waiting to "turn it on" at some point.  I'm sick of this crap and dreading the epic beat-down coming Tues. 

Overreact much?

’Cause you sure are massively overreacting here.