Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs UT Arlington - Tues., 11/20 @ 7:00 ET

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Y'all are missing that UT Arlington had a game on Sunday just as we did. Ours was on the road, theirs was at home, but they then had to travel to Bloomington for a road game in a tough environment. We should not have been any more fatigued than our opponent.

They had a deeper bench. 

12 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Some play 36 or 38 minutes of a game over and over.

And comparing playing X games in X days playing 30 of the 40 minutes available isn’t the same debate as playing 40 straight minutes.

2 different types of fatigue.

And a lot of these young players can handle playing all the minutes if not for foul trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn’t Romeo play every minute till he got hurt. 

Phinisee played 39. So he played at least 20 minutes straight. He’s not conditioned for that yet. 

Fatigue or not, mental or not, I’m in the camp that says yes, it’s concerning. But bad games happen. We got out of it with a win, we move on to the next one. Kansas just beat Marquette by 9 after being down 9 at half. We’ve seen IU thoroughly outplay a good team, lose a close one on the road to a decent to good team, and not show up for a scrappy team. Long season...let’s be more logical than usual and trust that Archie and staff can build this thing to more consistency and toughness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

HooRaH! Agree. Lots more games to enjoy, either enraged or enthralled.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, DLG3 said:

Fatigue or not, mental or not, I’m in the camp that says yes, it’s concerning. But bad games happen. We got out of it with a win, we move on to the next one. Kansas just beat Marquette by 9 after being down 9 at half. We’ve seen IU thoroughly outplay a good team, lose a close one on the road to a decent to good team, and not show up for a scrappy team. Long season...let’s be more logical than usual and trust that Archie and staff can build this thing to more consistency and toughness.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think we didn't show up, we had a near 20 point lead. I think we got complacent and UTA stayed focused.