Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs UT Arlington - Tues., 11/20 @ 7:00 ET

Why wouldn’t Moore transfer? I mean, he could be playing 20-25 min at plenty of other schools. If I were him I’d already be gone. It’s ridiculous. He is not Tijan Jobe. He can play. 

Moore could come play at FGCU. he’d have fun and would fit in.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Side note. When Romeo got hurt, did anyone come to check on him from our team? All the dudes on the court just went to the bench.

Small but bad sign imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't know if that was a sign of an issue or not, but the chemistry is not there yet. Of course, as many injuries as we have will do that.

On Moore and Forrester:
The more thought I put into this, the more I think I have a legitimate answer for those wondering why they were no shows. UTA is a small, perimeter oriented team that uses their quickness against size disadvantage. I think that’s what you saw tonight. The large majority of the damage was done either from the triple, or when they would play 5 out and drive on longer, slower defenders. My thought is, does bringing in Moore address any of those defensive issues? I don’t think it does. If they are going 5 out, and drive past Moore, that only puts pressure on other guys, guys with foul trouble like Morgan and Smith, to help stop penetration. I believe coach didn’t use them, in this game particularly, because of UTA’s offensive makeup. My thought is couldn’t really help, but could possibly harm.

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Side note. When Romeo got hurt, did anyone come to check on him from our team? All the dudes on the court just went to the bench.

Small but bad sign imo.

Ehh, I could be wrong, but to me it looked like the other 4 were on the fast break and didnt even know he was hurt once the timeout was called.  I think I even saw one of our coaches motioning and yelling at Romeo to get to the bench because he didnt even realize he was hurt. 

I probably wouldn't draw too much from it, but it could be something, you never know. 

Need to find more ways to get Langford involved. He is too good to be just another guy on the floor. Rob does a nice job finding him but I'm not sure about the team as a whole. It just seems that we have yet to define roles.

Ehh, I could be wrong, but to me it looked like the other 4 were on the fast break and didnt even know he was hurt once the timeout was called.  I think I even saw one of our coaches motioning and yelling at Romeo to get to the bench because he didnt even realize he was hurt. 
I probably wouldn't draw too much from it, but it could be something, you never know. 

Yeah you’re trying to turn nothing into something. Looked like Juwan for sure started to go his way but was waved off by Tim G. Nothing to see here bud

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah you’re trying to turn nothing into something. Looked like Juwan for sure started to go his way but was waved off by Tim G. Nothing to see here bud

I thought I saw Juwan heading back down that way when they went to the end line camera. I don't think there's much to make of it.

The team lacked effort tonight. Plain and simple. They'll need o get that fixed.

Or using his supposed 48 inch vertical.

I think the same thing about Smith, Morgan, and Davis. Just stuff that ball. Especially Justin as you’re pointing out though. Get up there and smash it home. No reason not to.

I'll take 21.5 and wager whatever you want.  If we're healthy.  If we're not, all bets are off.

I made a bold statement earlier saying we would win or at the very least make it a close one but as we saw tonight and you pointed out, our health is a real issue.

If we have to play with 8 we might foul everyone out. We will need numbers with the home cooking they will no doubt get

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I guess. Didn’t anyone else notice it? Or our play as a team?

You call it nitpicking.

I call it observations.

It was a fast break play, our medical staff was with him and our coaches were giving instructions to our players in a game that was still in the balance.

That's what I observed.