Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs UT Arlington - Tues., 11/20 @ 7:00 ET

Let's get the Arkansas game behind us and look optimistically for a win Tuesday night against the UT Arlington Mavericks.  Last year the Mavericks won 21 games and they're 3-1 for this season, but this year's team has 12 new players in addition to a new coach.  On Archie's radio show earlier this evening, he reiterated that Green and McR are likely not going to see action until December and Race still out of action as well.

Game Notes

Live Stats

Radio

TV:  Basic BTN channel

UT Arlington has not been bad so far this year, but they are quite notable for one particular attribute - they are small! I mean really, really small!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8830376.jpg

FYI - Azore and Mwamba seem to be the only guys off their bench that get significant minutes. The five tiny starters plus the two 6'4"/6'5" freshman are the only ones averaging over 7 or 8 mpg.

Interesting nugget of info from thedailyhoosier.com     We are learning to play defense under Archie.

The Hoosiers are 7th in the country in three-point field goal defense.  Opponents are shooting 20.4% from long range.

After 4 games last year, Hoosier opponents were making 46.8 from long distance (44-of-94).  In addition, IU is limiting opponents to 59.0 points per game after allowing 76.0 points per game after the same number of games a season ago.

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

UT Arlington has not been bad so far this year, but they are quite notable for one particular attribute - they are small! I mean really, really small!!

Sparing no concern for my personal safety, I was able to sneak into the Maverick's gym and secretly videotape a practice session.  We are all going to be in such a much better mood after tonight's game than we were Sunday night.

1 hour ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Recording the game. Our HSGirls open up the home portion of the season. I've been operating one of the stats panel for them for years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's why I'm missing the game :)  Columbus East is starting off strong (for us, lol), and my daughter is in pep band.  Pretty decent trade off!

3 hours ago, mamasa said:

That's why I'm missing the game :)  Columbus East is starting off strong (for us, lol), and my daughter is in pep band.  Pretty decent trade off!

Good Luck to East.. My Kids went to North.

I had to miss the Arkansas game to take my little guys to Jurassic Quest.  Haven't found the time to watch the game yet, probably won't!

Ready to watch the game tonight.  I really prefer watching the games at Assembly, too.  

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don't recall, is that the same foot that sustained the achilles injury?  

Not sure, but I did see him come down awkwardly late in the Arkansas game. Obviously he played through it but I imagine that flared up after the game.