Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Arkansas - 11/18 @ 3:30 ET

22 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Romeo ran from the ball most of the game especially when the other guards struggled with the pressure of Arkansas he was running away from their pressure which can’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He’s clearly IU’s best player. The ball should be in the best player’s hands with the game on the line. Romeo would’ve easily taken the ball

The freshman should learn a lot from this one. I think they learned to be stronger with the ball and that some of those weak high school passes don’t fly in college. Time to adjust. Not a bad loss at all. Great early season test. Would’ve been nice to win but that’s a tough road game. Should prove to have been very valuable as the season moves on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He’s clearly IU’s best player. The ball should be in the best player’s hands with the game on the line. Romeo would’ve easily taken the ball

He is the best offensive player but he has to make an effort to get the ball. He also has to make an effort to play hard on both ends and not turn the ball over which is something he didn’t do and it cost them.

Frustrating loss. I'm the person that prefers blowout losses over close games that you should have won. The missed free throws, turnovers, and the ending was brutal. We can blame the refs and injuries all we want. Bottom line is Indiana should have won this game. The good news is this team is going to learn a lot from this game. If you want to be a contender in March you have to win games on the road in a tough environment. This loss does not change the way I feel about this team. Gafford is going to be a top ten pick in the NBA draft. He may be one of the best players this team sees all year. De'Ron got a lot of crap but I thought he played well off the bench. Fitzner, who I thought was going to be the X factor, had a rough game. I love Damezi's potential but this team is in trouble if he was to play 26 minutes. His game just isn't there yet. Lets just hope this is a learning lesson. I really don't want this to be an average 7-10 seed team in the tournament. There are some special players on this team.

Tough loss, hopefully the things that killed us do not repeat themselves.

Unable to handle the pressure at the top of the key, careless passes and what felt like a gazillion times, soft passes where the receiving player just stood there and did not go to the ball or shield his defender from it. That and not playing tight on Gafford at all times killed us.

We played terribly and frankly still should have won. Not sure if that is good or bad...

Geez you would think the sky is falling on here. I watched the game on my phone, disappointed they lost but I had a feeling they would. Arkansas is a extremely tough place to play! Just ask pUKe fans! Young team, tough environment, on the road, B1G team in $EC country on the$EC network, no way for the refs to be even. But still a good learning experience for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The crazy thing is we had a chance to win with almost everything going against us (a lot self inflicted).  Injuries, foul trouble, turnovers, giving up offensive rebounds, and a college game on the road.  If any of those flip we win this game.  I expected Juwan to be in foul trouble but didn't expect Anderson to play a ton of minutes.  They gained a ton of experience in this game and will only be better for it. 

Looking at the final offensive play, I like not calling a timeout.  I also liked that Phinisee took it to the rim, wish it would have been a few seconds later though.  I'm sure they were expecting us to go to Juwan or Romeo but we had two good looks at it.

We desperately need a third player to step up to Juwan and Romeo's level.  I thought Smith would be that player but he couldn't finish around the basket and was falling back on all jumpers (and some freethrows).  I like where this team is at and where it can go. 

It's a game they can learn from.  Hopefully they learn they need to play tough and intense every game.  I don't like losing, but I can handle it better when we play tough and don't get out hustled.  Tonight we were out toughed and out hustled, I HATE that.  I hope practice sucks something awful tomorrow, like Crean against Syracuse awful.

Morgan did what he could to put this team on his back.  They fought back down ten when they could've packed it up, good sign.  This was a game where we needed Langford to take over, while he certainly had his moments that never really happened.  Durham was out of control, Phinisee looked like a freshman.  Smith sucked, Fitzner stayed in Bloomington.

We were bad tonight and it's still a game we could've won.

Frustrating loss. I'm the person that prefers blowout losses over close games that you should have won. The missed free throws, turnovers, and the ending was brutal. We can blame the refs and injuries all we want. Bottom line is Indiana should have won this game. The good news is this team is going to learn a lot from this game. If you want to be a contender in March you have to win games on the road in a tough environment. This loss does not change the way I feel about this team. Gafford is going to be a top ten pick in the NBA draft. He may be one of the best players this team sees all year. De'Ron got a lot of crap but I thought he played well off the bench. Fitzner, who I thought was going to be the X factor, had a rough game. I love Damezi's potential but this team is in trouble if he was to play 26 minutes. His game just isn't there yet. Lets just hope this is a learning lesson. I really don't want this to be an average 7-10 seed team in the tournament. There are some special players on this team.

Only part o disagree with is you not wanting this to be a 7 to 10 seed team. With big ten looking as strong as it is we will probably be a 7 to 10 seed team or worse possibly miss. I dont think we will miss or should but effort and discipline will have to improve or it is possible. That being said lots of chances ro improve and be a top five seed hope they can get it done

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I

Only part o disagree with is you not wanting this to be a 7 to 10 seed team. With big ten looking as strong as it is we will probably be a 7 to 10 seed team or worse possibly miss. I dont think we will miss or should but effort and discipline will have to improve or it is possible. That being said lots of chances ro improve and be a top five seed hope they can get it done 
Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I

I hear you. Just with Romeo and Juwan I’d like to be better. I’ll take it considering we’ve missed the dance the last two years.

13 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

When Romeo leads us in points, rebounds and assists that tells me a couple other guys didnt do their job. Rob is a freshman but Juwan cant be saddled with 2 early fouls when the competitions best option is a post player.

Juwan’s first foul of the game was a dumb one too. Reaching in on a player 80 ft from the basket.