Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Romeo Langford Is Legit, And So Is Indiana

https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/15/romeo-langford-indiana-hoosiers-highlights-win/

Romeo Langford is living up to his lofty billing. A star in a recruiting class full of them, big things were expected from the Indiana freshman guard. On Wednesday night, he and the Hoosiers proved we won’t have to wait for greatness, it’s already here.

Langford led unranked Indiana in a 96-73 rout of No. 24 Marquette in a game that wasn’t as close as the score would indicate. The phenom dropped 22 points, grabbed five rebounds, dished out two assists, ripped three steals and added two blocks for good measure. He was clearly the best player all night on a floor that included preseason All-Big East pick Markus Howard.

It’s not just the all-around floor game that makes Langford special, it’s the way he goes about his business. At 6’6″ and 215 pounds, he’s got the size and length to score from anywhere on the court. While many freshman guards enter college basketball launching 3-pointers these days, Langford is a slasher. He’s impossibly smooth, attacks the hoop relentlessly and can already finish through contact. It’s remarkable how quickly he’s made the transition from Indiana high school ball to the college level.

The 19-year-old is polished, smart, savvy and willing to take what defenses give him. He’s also a fantastic passer and already possesses phenomenal court vision. He may not give you the eye-popping highlights the dominant Zion Williamson will, but he’s not far off from being that effective.

While Langford helped Indiana become a threat this season, Archie Miller has done incredible work with the rest of his roster. After missing postseason play a year ago, Miller knew he had to reshape his roster. A phenomenal recruiting class (led by Langford) helped that, as did the development of the guys already on campus. Wing Justin Smith already looks like a future pro, forward Juwan Morgan is a first-team All-Big Ten candidate and grad transfer Even Fitzner is a 6’10” sharpshooter who is already paying dividends.

This team has come together quickly and has the makings of a deep, athletic, smart, fun team. And, given Miller’s proclivities, you can bet this group will play tough, hard-nosed defense. Oh, and given the Hoosiers’ upcoming slate of games, these guys will be battle-tested by the time the meat of the Big Ten schedule arrives.

On Sunday, Indiana travels to Arkansas to take on the Razorbacks to face “40 Minutes of Hell.” They travel to Duke on November 27, face Louisville on December 8 and battle Butler a week later. It won’t be an easy few weeks for Miller’s squad.

Despite only playing three games with a roster loaded with newcomers and guys in new roles, Indiana absolutely blitzed Marquette on Wednesday. Oh and — in case you weren’t aware — the Hoosiers were missing two starters, plus key reserves Race Thompson and Jerome Hunter. So yeah, Indiana is only going to get deeper and stronger.

Romeo Langford is the star attraction in Bloomington this season. Of that there is no doubt. But Archie Miller has something special cooking inside Assembly Hall. Indiana has a fantastic basketball team this season and it put the rest of college basketball on notice Wednesday night.

11 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/15/romeo-langford-indiana-hoosiers-highlights-win/

Romeo Langford is living up to his lofty billing. A star in a recruiting class full of them, big things were expected from the Indiana freshman guard. On Wednesday night, he and the Hoosiers proved we won’t have to wait for greatness, it’s already here.

Langford led unranked Indiana in a 96-73 rout of No. 24 Marquette in a game that wasn’t as close as the score would indicate. The phenom dropped 22 points, grabbed five rebounds, dished out two assists, ripped three steals and added two blocks for good measure. He was clearly the best player all night on a floor that included preseason All-Big East pick Markus Howard.

It’s not just the all-around floor game that makes Langford special, it’s the way he goes about his business. At 6’6″ and 215 pounds, he’s got the size and length to score from anywhere on the court. While many freshman guards enter college basketball launching 3-pointers these days, Langford is a slasher. He’s impossibly smooth, attacks the hoop relentlessly and can already finish through contact. It’s remarkable how quickly he’s made the transition from Indiana high school ball to the college level.

The 19-year-old is polished, smart, savvy and willing to take what defenses give him. He’s also a fantastic passer and already possesses phenomenal court vision. He may not give you the eye-popping highlights the dominant Zion Williamson will, but he’s not far off from being that effective.

While Langford helped Indiana become a threat this season, Archie Miller has done incredible work with the rest of his roster. After missing postseason play a year ago, Miller knew he had to reshape his roster. A phenomenal recruiting class (led by Langford) helped that, as did the development of the guys already on campus. Wing Justin Smith already looks like a future pro, forward Juwan Morgan is a first-team All-Big Ten candidate and grad transfer Even Fitzner is a 6’10” sharpshooter who is already paying dividends.

This team has come together quickly and has the makings of a deep, athletic, smart, fun team. And, given Miller’s proclivities, you can bet this group will play tough, hard-nosed defense. Oh, and given the Hoosiers’ upcoming slate of games, these guys will be battle-tested by the time the meat of the Big Ten schedule arrives.

On Sunday, Indiana travels to Arkansas to take on the Razorbacks to face “40 Minutes of Hell.” They travel to Duke on November 27, face Louisville on December 8 and battle Butler a week later. It won’t be an easy few weeks for Miller’s squad.

Despite only playing three games with a roster loaded with newcomers and guys in new roles, Indiana absolutely blitzed Marquette on Wednesday. Oh and — in case you weren’t aware — the Hoosiers were missing two starters, plus key reserves Race Thompson and Jerome Hunter. So yeah, Indiana is only going to get deeper and stronger.

Romeo Langford is the star attraction in Bloomington this season. Of that there is no doubt. But Archie Miller has something special cooking inside Assembly Hall. Indiana has a fantastic basketball team this season and it put the rest of college basketball on notice Wednesday night.

MIssing only one starter to be fair 

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

We will be legit if we get healthy. If Anderson and Durham have to play big minutes we are in trouble

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Disagree Durham has Been good when he has not been asked to be our PG and to play 36 minutes. 

Phinisee has to play smarter. He’s got to stay in games like this especially. 

Of the injured players Mcroberts is key. Had he been available wouldn’t have needed Damezi. 

Justin Smith has to do better. Without Morgan it was his time to shine and he wilted. 

Disagree Durham has Been good when he has not been asked to be our PG and to play 36 minutes. 
Phinisee has to play smarter. He’s got to stay in games like this especially. 
Of the injured players Mcroberts is key. Had he been available wouldn’t have needed Damezi. 
Justin Smith has to do better. Without Morgan it was his time to shine and he wilted. 
Durham had 5 turnovers yesterday. That is not good at all

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Durham had 5 turnovers yesterday. That is not good at all

Never said it was but he’s not a starting PG. much less one against that defense. He played great against Marquette. Don’t ask a player to do things outside his skill set then act like he’s bad. 

Never said it was but he’s not a starting PG. much less one against that defense. He played great against Marquette. Don’t ask a player to do things outside his skill set then act like he’s bad. 
My point is we don't get Greene and mcroberts back we are not going to go very far with Durham and Anderson playing heavy minutes. Anderson is not even close to ready for this level. Would have been a good redshift in a perfect world

41 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

We will be legit if we get healthy. If Anderson and Durham have to play big minutes we are in trouble

Agree. We need Green to give Rob a break. We need Hunter so Al can be a spark plug off the bench.

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You act like Green wouldn’t have had 5 turnovers yesterday. Probably would have had more

I think it may would've been one of those games where he gets benched for being a detriment.  Or he'd probably had 6+ turnovers and numerous shots that would make you want to ring his neck.

We needed someone to take minutes from Anderson and Green would've been a warm body, but that's the kind if game where he's horrid.

I think it may would've been one of those games where he gets benched for being a detriment.  Or he'd probably had 6+ turnovers and numerous shots that would make you want to ring his neck.
We needed someone to take minutes from Anderson and Green would've been a warm body, but that's the kind if game where he's horrid.
Obviously I'm currently not high on Anderson. He is a spot up shooter who should never be ballhandling. Every time he touches the ball it is oh no. He seems like a nice four year player but he's not ready.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Obviously I'm currently not high on Anderson. He is a spot up shooter who should never be ballhandling. Every time he touches the ball it is oh no. He seems like a nice four year player but he's not ready.

Anderson stunk.  I'm not remotely comfortable with him handling the ball.

I must have watched a different game?

Anderson only had 1 TO... he is faster with the ball than the others but he does seem to value it. A few passes to him he could have came towards harder but they were weak passes from the others causing them to get picked off.

He has a nice shot (doesn't shoot often... 2nd fewest yesterday). He seems to be able to get where he wants to go and can finish.

To me Fitzner was a bust yesterday, did he even play in the 2nd half? Sharpshooter who only attempts 1 3 and 1 other shot the whole game? He needs to be more in the rotation. 2nd lowest minutes and he wasn't in foul trouble or anything else.

And Justin Smith needs to get MUCH stronger before he sees the floor. There is a reason he played the least minutes yesterday. He has the potential but isn't ready.

7 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I must have watched a different game?

Anderson only had 1 TO... he is faster with the ball than the others but he does seem to value it. A few passes to him he could have came towards harder but they were weak passes from the others causing them to get picked off.

He has a nice shot (doesn't shoot often... 2nd fewest yesterday). He seems to be able to get where he wants to go and can finish.

To me Fitzner was a bust yesterday, did he even play in the 2nd half? Sharpshooter who only attempts 1 3 and 1 other shot the whole game? He needs to be more in the rotation. 2nd lowest minutes and he wasn't in foul trouble or anything else.

And Justin Smith needs to get MUCH stronger before he sees the floor. There is a reason he played the least minutes yesterday. He has the potential but isn't ready.

For some reason it felt like he had more than that.