Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU at Michigan 11/17/18 4pm FS1

22 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Purdon't just lost to Wisky in 3OT, so next week is the battle for the bucket(and win #6) for both teams.

Bucket and bowl game!

Big game for both teams but I have a feeling the nation will not be quite as excited to see two 5-6 teams from Indiana battle each other.

29 minutes ago, Defenserocks28 said:

The NCAA needs to figure out how to remove "cramping" from the game.  Some massive BS.  Same thing as last year.  Indiana driving fast, UM starts falling over themselves from "cramps."  Their defense rests up, can game plan, and then, surprise...sack!

I always get a kick out of the ones who limp all the way across the field and then keel over a couple feet from the sideline, forcing the game to stop because they're still in the field of play.

10 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Groundhog Day.

This team...  They are undisciplined and borderline dirty.  I cannot stand that RPO sometimes....Ramsey needs to pull it and throw it on occasion to make it a threat.   

Yet we hung right in there and looked really good at times, too.   It's maddening.

I don't think they're dirty, at least I don't think they're out to hurt players, but it was embarrassing how many personal fouls we got today. I really hope that caught Allen's eye too because we definitely looked undisciplined tonight and it wasn't just a little bit. Has to be cleaned up before next week.

Edited by Aeggie

3 hours ago, Aeggie said:

I don't think they're dirty, at least I don't think they're out to hurt players, but it was embarrassing how many personal fouls we got today. I really hope that caught Allen's eye too because we definitely looked undisciplined tonight and it wasn't just a little bit. Has to be cleaned up before next week.

I thought Stepanak was dirty.  The targeting call was...questionable.  Been a year long problem.

Just now, Old Friend said:

I thought Stepanak was dirty.  The targeting call was...questionable.  Been a year long problem.

There is a video floating around on Twitter that shows Chase W. stomping on Stepanak's braced-up right leg on the play prior to Chase leaving the game.  It's a convenient narrative to declare one guy 'clean' and one 'dirty', but in football there is a lot of grey.  Unless you have watched every snap, whistle-to-whistle, that Stepanak has taken it's an unfair narrative to call him dirty at this juncture.

11 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Promote Coach Hart to OC

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Cool Dad's 2-step guide to Football

1) Do I have to interview anyone? A: No.  Check

2) Do we get to have a press conference? A: Yes   Double-Check

Let's get this done! #WinThePresser

The kick-off play wasn't dirty just unfortunate. That's a football play guys. In no way do I think he was trying to injure the guy. That's not a penalty a few years ago but in today's game it is going to be called targeting every time. Stepanek was 'dirty' and that stuff needs to stop. Not only did he injure a guy but he backed us up on a key drive for another stupid penalty right after. 

The kick-off play wasn't dirty just unfortunate. That's a football play guys. In no way do I think he was trying to injure the guy. That's not a penalty a few years ago but in today's game it is going to be called targeting every time. Stepanek was 'dirty' and that stuff needs to stop. Not only did he injure a guy but he backed us up on a key drive for another stupid penalty right after. 

That kick-off just seemed odd all around. There were three UM blockers out front that looked like they were just "there." He didn't catch him blindside but you should NEVER lead with the crown of your helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

There is a video floating around on Twitter that shows Chase W. stomping on Stepanak's braced-up right leg on the play prior to Chase leaving the game.  It's a convenient narrative to declare one guy 'clean' and one 'dirty', but in football there is a lot of grey.  Unless you have watched every snap, whistle-to-whistle, that Stepanak has taken it's an unfair narrative to call him dirty at this juncture.

Yup Winbush had that one coming to him. The second hit on that other Michigan guy seemed uncalled for though unless I missed that too.

7 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Condescension aside....what he did yesterday, on back to back plays, was dirty.  Regardless of what happened before.  Football is a very grey game.  But...that doesn't justify two straight reactions that cost your team.