Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Baseball 2019 Recruiting Class

Big Recruiting News:

IU took on a guy from Samford in 1B Jordan Fucci as a grad transfer. Hit .306 with 15 HR's last season. Not sure he duplicates those numbers in Big Ten with stronger pitching, but do think he starts and even if he hits .280 with 8 HR's (that's what I expect) that is a boon for us as we need a good starting 1B with Lloyd and Bradley gone and this guy fills that for a year while young guys develop. 

23 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Big Recruiting News:

IU took on a guy from Samford in 1B Jordan Fucci as a grad transfer. Hit .306 with 15 HR's last season. Not sure he duplicates those numbers in Big Ten with stronger pitching, but do think he starts and even if he hits .280 with 8 HR's (that's what I expect) that is a boon for us as we need a good starting 1B with Lloyd and Bradley gone and this guy fills that for a year while young guys develop. 

He went to Tates Creek HS (we have an incoming FR from there) and his brother went to Wright St and was drafted in the 25th rd.. so theres the connections. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

AJ Hacker 2019 RHP from Kentucky just announced his commitment to IU. He was their Mr. Baseball, Gatorade Player of the year and PBR player of the year. Was released from his NLI with Morehead State after their coaching change.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yep.. I mentioned this yesterday. 

We should know more about some of our current roster transferring out here soon. 

Add another grad transfer to the 2020 roster - Collin Hopkins, catcher, from WKU.

Looks like he started a the majority of games this past season, I am not sure if there is any positional flexibility.

https://wkusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1777

@collin_hopkins7
FollowFollow @collin_hopkins7
More

The path hasn’t been straight but I know I’ve always been where I needed to be. I’m happy to say that I’ve committed to Indiana University to play my final year of college baseball. Thank you to my family and friends who have constantly supported me along the way#GoHoosiers

D-vE6HHW4AA-rek.jpg
4:33 PM - 5 Jul 2019

•  

I would think this guy is basically Wyatt Cross, without the Power and will serve as a backup role. If he is the starter we have big problems, but I don't expect that and as a backup for a year he will do just fine.

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

I would think this guy is basically Wyatt Cross, without the Power and will serve as a backup role. If he is the starter we have big problems, but I don't expect that and as a backup for a year he will do just fine.

He'll be the 3rd catcher