Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IU Baseball 2019 Recruiting Class

#9 for '19 last night. RHP John-Biagio Modugno - Don Bosco Prep, NJ -  Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

@PBRNewJersey: Commitment News: 2019 RHP John-Biagio Modugno (Don Bosco Prep HS, NJ) has committed to @IndianaBase. Modugno was a top performer at the NJ State Games in July. Congrats! #PBRFamily #BeSeen @JohnBlaise_ @DBPHRC @ttssports

#10 for '19 last night JUCO C Hunter Combs (Muhlenburg County, KY) - John A Logan Stats  // Perfect Game  // Prep Baseball Report

@I_Pitch32: One of my favorite summer guys committed to @IndianaBase last night! One of the smartest and determined players I know! Congrats golden boy @HunterCombs_025 so proud of you man!!! #jucoroute

#11 for '19 last night. Perfect Game  // Prep Baseball Report

@LBbaseballHC: Congrats to 2019 1B/OF Ryan Fischer from @lakebrantley and @PowerBSB on his commitment to @IndianaBase. One of the hardest workers I’ve ever coached. Good things happen to those who wait!! #proudcoach #LB

#12 for '19 today. Louisville flip. RHP Joe Wilkinson - Providence, IN - Perfect Game  //  Prep Baseball Report

@_jowilkinson_: I am very excited to announce my commitment to Indiana University to continue my academic and baseball career. ⁦@PBRIndiana⁩

@Rick_Sports10: Former Rockville pitching star Dalton Laney has committed to IU. Laney spent last two years at Indiana State, transferred this offseason to Lincoln Trail. He'll pitch for Statesmen in 2019 and then head to Bloomington and have two years of eligibility remaining with the Hoosiers

A couple more commits this week for the '19 class. Early signing starts on Nov. 14.

@LoganVolsBsbl: Congrats to #Vols INF Cooper Trinkle for his commitment to Indiana University! @IndianaBase @CTrinkle23 #AnotherOne #MoreToCome #GoVols

@LesLukach: '19 C/OF Brant Voth (@BrantVoth) of @Pioneerbaseball has committed to @IndianaBase. Voth was a standout this summer at the @PBR_California Top Prospects Showcase and has carried that into a big fall in scout ball. #ShapeTheState #BeSeen

#16 for '19 tonight. Another Louisville flip. OF Hunter Jessee - Kings, OH - Perfect Game  //  Prep Baseball Report

@JesseeHunter: Blessed to announce I will be continuing my academic and baseball career at Indiana University. Wanna thank my family, friends, and coaches who have helped me throughout this process. #GoHoosiers #IU

@PBRIndiana: 2⃣0⃣1⃣9⃣ Recruiting Class Breakdown: @IndianaBase. @JeffMercer54 & staff adds 13 total, 6 in-state

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/IN/2019-Recruiting-Class-Breakdown-Indiana-1802965734

Head Coach Jeff Mercer and staff are bringing in a talented group in 2019.  All six of the in-state recruits are ranked in the top 25 of Indiana's class of 2019 rankings.  Leading the way is the ultra-athletic Ethan Vecrumba (Edgewood HS), a physical 6-foot-4, 205 pound outfielder that runs a 6.38 60-yard dash with raw power from the left-side of the plate. Four of the in-state recruits are pitchers. Jack Walker (New Palestine HS) is a projectable 6-foot-6, 210 pound southpaw up to 92 mph this fall. Jo Wilkinson (Providence HS), Reese Sharp (University HS) and Dylan Steele (Bloomington North HS) are all hard throwing right-handers sure to add depth to the Hoosiers staff. Garrett Manous (Munster HS) is an athletic, speedy outfielder that runs a 6.58 60-yard dash.

Late addition. Hartford flip. Throws 92-93.

RHP David Platt - Palisades, PA.  Perfect Game // Prep Baseball Report

@plat_david: Beyond thankful to announce my commitment to further my academic and athletic career at the University of Indiana. Very grateful for my family, friends and coaches who helped me out throughout the process. Couldn’t have done it without them. #GoHoosiers 

@NJCAABaseball: John A. Logan jumped up to No. 8 in the national rankings following a big-time performance last week from sophomore Hunter Combs, this week's #NJCAABaseball DI Player of the Week. #NJCAAPOTW
D0_3f7EX0AAA5iN.jpg&key=cc480a7434d6527e032714b4ef6c335a3743e0e0822a1d39a004be9225d334fb

I played at Logan back in the day. Definitely one of the best JUCO baseball programs in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

Were you on the team we got in the huge brawl with?

I played on the ‘95 & ‘96 SIC teams.  Was the brawl in ‘94?   There was still plenty of plunking going on.  I took a fastball to the back of the helmet on our Spring trip to Panama City from a guy named Charlie Brown.  If I wasn’t seeing stars there would have been a brawl then too.  :)

I played on the ‘95 & ‘96 SIC teams.  Was the brawl in ‘94?   There was still plenty of plunking going on.  I took a fastball to the back of the helmet on our Spring trip to Panama City from a guy named Charlie Brown.  If I wasn’t seeing stars there would have been a brawl then too.  :)

It was in '94. Charlie Brown is the one who knocked Jamald Little's teeth out during the brawl. I graduated from Logan in '94. You played with Shawn Burns and Allen Stunkle right? We probably played against each other in High School if you're from HHHS.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sharp breaks the strikeout record in a title game for any class. Hopefully we can keep him.

@iubase17: Congrats to Future Hoosier and SF Giants draft pick Reese Sharp as @UniversityBB wins the Class A State Title. Sharp throws a complete game with 1 run 4 hits and 17 K’s on 118 pitches. #iubase