Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

IUBB vs. Marquette 11/14 at 8:30 ET

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I understand your point, but why take away Fitz when examining the 3pt stats?

its not like Fitz is going anywhere :)

just pointing out the "team" is not shooting well as the numbers say.

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Only take Fitzner's 4-4 and we're 100%! My math is on point.

This team isn't built to shoot the 3. We need to defend, I've heard it travels well. We need to get into the paint via the drive, Phin, Romeo, and Al have done that nicely, or the low post with Morgan and Davis, Fitz if he has the mismatch. We also have some slashers in Romeo, Smith, and Morgan. The 3 is nice but we can't rely on that. 20 threes in a game and making 9 is great balance for this team. If Fitz is open he needs to take it. If Phinisee, Romeo, or Al are open they need to take it. Morgan and Smith have to take it if they're being sagged off if to clog the lane.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

i don't want to over rely on it at all. but i want our starting 5 to shoot well enough so that teams extend. 

the point about fitz is that he's a role player, and to an extent situational. we need guys on the floor all the time that are a threat to hit the long ball. i'm all for great defense. i'm also for a well rounded offense. there will be teams on our schedule that will be able to defend the low post play. it's harder to do that if we have guys that can hit from long. we don't have to have 3pt assassins all over the place, just solid shooters that are a threat, and keep Ds honest.

27 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Take away Langford's 1-5 and we were above 50%.

he's one of the guys that need to improve lol.

IMG_8624.thumb.jpg.91ae2cd96795de39c01bbbb35c207e1e.jpg
Nice dime from Juwan HOWARD?!?! Really??? ESPN and the rest of the country will know JMo soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Identity crisis, perhaps? A few years ago at HH when the ‘celebrity’ guest was Seth Greenberg, he was introducing players for the dunk contest and also called him Juwon Howard. You would think if you’re the guest at a university’s biggest non-game basketball event you would learn the players’ names. I remember Juwon just lowering and shaking his head.

As long as Fitz is a part of the team, the team is shooting what the numbers say. Law of averages. Fitz will regress, but Romeo isn’t a 20% shooter either. As a team if we shoot 37% or so I would be ecstatic. That’s a top 100 team at shooting the 3. That would be plenty good for how we are built.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Identity crisis, perhaps? A few years ago at HH when the ‘celebrity’ guest was Seth Greenberg, he was introducing players for the dunk contest and also called him Juwon Howard. You would think if you’re the guest at a university’s biggest non-game basketball event you would learn the players’ names. I remember Juwon just lowering and shaking his head.

Greenberg is the worst. I remember he gave some really dumb takes on Indiana's hire of Archie Miller. 

From the Indy Star..... Not Good...

“IU freshman forward Jerome Hunter underwent surgery Wednesday at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio to address the leg problem that’s sidelined him for the start of the college basketball season.

A timetable for his return remains uncertain.”

Hate to hear this.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

9 hours ago, jbell833 said:

IMG_8624.thumb.jpg.91ae2cd96795de39c01bbbb35c207e1e.jpg

Nice dime from Juwan HOWARD?!?! Really??? ESPN and the rest of the country will know JMo soon enough.

I can't stand ESPN.  If it isn't Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas, then it isn't worth mentioning to these guys.  I really like FS1.  They have done a great job so far.

12 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Interesting Razorback player interviews take on playing IU....

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2018/nov/16/gafford-s-miscues-an-early-bugaboo-2018/

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yes! I saw that interview on YouTube. Dude on the left with what he was saying and how he was saying it makes me want to beat them by 40..but that could just be the biased IU fan in me. I can see wanting to show your confidence and all, but still..

17 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Yes! I saw that interview on YouTube. Dude on the left with what he was saying and how he was saying it makes me want to beat them by 40..but that could just be the biased IU fan in me. I can see wanting to show your confidence and all, but still..

I actually liked his answers and the way that he presented it.  He's definitely a southern boy and sounds like his coach.  Regardless of the team, I like to hear players echo their coaches thoughts and messages.  I believe this is the second most difficult noncon game, not the second best team we'll face in the noncon, and will prepare us for some of the road environments in the conference. 

Was there only one or two reporters there asking questions?  It sounded like the same person asking questions over and over.

Edit:  Really like the way Coach Anderson talks basketball too.  Respectful and appreciative of the opportunity for this matchup at home. 

I can't stand ESPN.  If it isn't Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas, then it isn't worth mentioning to these guys.  I really like FS1.  They have done a great job so far.

I’m right there with you. Unless there’s a specific game I want to watch I don’t even turn ESPN on anymore. I’ll take FS1 over ESPN every time.

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I actually liked his answers and the way that he presented it.  He's definitely a southern boy and sounds like his coach.  Regardless of the team, I like to hear players echo their coaches thoughts and messages.  I believe this is the second most difficult noncon game, not the second best team we'll face in the noncon, and will prepare us for some of the road environments in the conference. 

Was there only one or two reporters there asking questions?  It sounded like the same person asking questions over and over.

Edit:  Really like the way Coach Anderson talks basketball too.  Respectful and appreciative of the opportunity for this matchup at home. 

Right, I agree how the coach presented himself and the way he answered the questions was nicely done and respectful. Like you said, he appreciates the opportunity and spoke highly of our school/players. Just some of the stuff the players were saying weren’t in that same context...like I said though, it was probably the bias “how dare you not talk us up and act like we’re just another home game, we’re IU!” fan in me. Plus when he said he had never heard of Romeo Langford before today...me thinking that was ridiculous was probably me being bias. 

Right, I agree how the coach presented himself and the way he answered the questions was nicely done and respectful. Like you said, he appreciates the opportunity and spoke highly of our school/players. Just some of the stuff the players were saying weren’t in that same context...like I said though, it was probably the bias “how dare you not talk us up and act like we’re just another home game, we’re IU!” fan in me. Plus when he said he had never heard of Romeo Langford before today...me thinking that was ridiculous was probably me being bias. 

Agree, but I loved the way Hulls presented himself in interviews and pressers. He was always about the next game and it being the most important because it was the next game. I doubt he has never heard of Romeo. I would believe him if he said he didn't play AAU against him or knew much about him.