Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

IUBB vs. Marquette 11/14 at 8:30 ET

4 players out for November? Talking about "back spasms, high thigh contusion and concussion like symptoms". Not sure any of that warrants the span of November. Thrown off some or the injuries are worse than staff is saying? 
Amazing win and was so pumped all game. If Clifton can't get some run in a 25 point decided game... I'm not sure what his future is. Possibly just getting Deron more conditioning game time

Post concussion syndromes can last anywhere from days to years. Low back musculature is very finicky and generally has a low threshold for reaggravation even if appropriately rehabbed. The thigh contusion can take a couple weeks depending on it's depth and location. And the mysterious non-basketball leg condition....well who knows.

While it would be nice to be full strength to give ourselves our best shot at taking these November games, the staff is playing the long game and getting the squad healthy for the meat of conference play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, cthomas said:

Phinisee is starting to catch the attention of the media guys. That can only help as we continue to recruit frontcourt players.

Phinisee is a recruiting tool. Who wouldn't want to play with a guy like that? Has 8 assists and scores in double figures. He is a pass first point. Are you listening Trayce?

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

25 pts on 10-15 FG"s; 6 reb; 13 assts; 1 TO in 52 min. of action.  That's the combined line for Durham and Phinisee tonight.  

This is the combo line that struck me as most promising.  I knew it was coming, but I wasn't certain it would happen so early in the season against a top 25 team.  I knew Phinisee would be an assist/point making machine, and we know Durham has always showed a lot of control...my only concern with Durham was with his shot (knowing he's a good driver, but struggled at times from any distance).  Love both of their games, and both solid defenders as well.  Going from 7 assists and 5 turnovers (I made this number up) to 13 and 1 is SOOOOOO refreshing.

4 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

4 players out for November? Talking about "back spasms, high thigh contusion and concussion like symptoms". Not sure any of that warrants the span of November. Thrown off some or the injuries are worse than staff is saying? 

Amazing win and was so pumped all game. If Clifton can't get some run in a 25 point decided game... I'm not sure what his future is. Possibly just getting Deron more conditioning game time

I understand what you're saying, but we are deep and we don't have to rush people back.  For me, I'd like to have all these injuries out of the way and the whole roster healthy and ready to go for the B1G grind.

Post concussion syndromes can last anywhere from days to years. Low back musculature is very finicky and generally has a low threshold for reaggravation even if appropriately rehabbed. The thigh contusion can take a couple weeks depending on it's depth and location. And the mysterious non-basketball leg condition....well who knows.

While it would be nice to be full strength to give ourselves our best shot at taking these November games, the staff is playing the long game and getting the squad healthy for the meat of conference play.

I believe with Green and McBob that if Sunday was a conference game or end of the season win or go home game we'd see them in action. Injuries will help prepare other players and spread playing time out.

On this note, did you see stoked Forester was on the sidelines when Morgan and Smith were getting theirs in the paint?! He knows that if he puts in the time and energy he'll get his in years to come. I'm excited to see how Moore and Forester develop over the next few years. That's the type of bigs we'll need to compete year in and year out.

7 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Romeo announced his arrival last night.  You saw him play confidently, and enjoy scoring on Marquette.  He played a balanced game.  He even had a hint of bravado out there, which he typically hid all through high school.

He's so smooth. The game comes to him almost effortlessly. I hadn't noticed it so much in the first two games but it really jumped out to me last night. We are fortunate to have him don the Cream and Crimson.  I'm excited knowing he hasn't even peaked yet. That there is still untapped potential.  IUBBs future is bright!

13 hours ago, IUrocker said:

I know the crowd was chanting overrated earlier. I actually don’t think Marquette is overrated at all....IU is seriously just better and should be ranked as such. 

I was there and I think the chant was actually directed at Howard not the team... but I could be mistaken

44 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I was there and I think the chant was actually directed at Howard not the team... but I could be mistaken

I was at the game as well, and if they were chanting at the player, the timing was just bad.  They should have either done it only when he had the ball or if he was at the free throw line or something like that.  But the way it came across in our section, everyone was upset about it because it was 10 minutes into the game and seemed like it was a chant against Marquette and not the player.

13 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

My son and I got tickets for Sunday’s game behind the IU bench at Bud Walton arena. Anybody got any tips for a good bar on Dickson street??

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Can't really go wrong on Dickson. Not sure how hopping it will be on a Sunday night but the game itself should be packed.

32 minutes ago, hogfan14 said:

Can't really go wrong on Dickson. Not sure how hopping it will be on a Sunday night but the game itself should be packed.

Hey Hogfan, welcome.  What can you tell us about your team?  How does your fanbase see this going?

The Bud Walton seems like a great home court.  Probably most of us don't realize it, but last year Arkansas was 9th in game attendance at 16,181 per game.  That's one spot ahead of Indiana at 15,590.  Really good non-conference game.  

2 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

I was at the game as well, and if they were chanting at the player, the timing was just bad.  They should have either done it only when he had the ball or if he was at the free throw line or something like that.  But the way it came across in our section, everyone was upset about it because it was 10 minutes into the game and seemed like it was a chant against Marquette and not the player.

Could be correct, I guess I took it as being directed towards him... I think it was right after he drove to the basket and it didn't go so well for him... I honestly can't remember if he missed, or got blocked, or was just out of control or what.

To chant that at a team that early adds on to the bad judgment (self depreciating) of that chant....