Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stromboli

IUBB vs. Marquette 11/14 at 8:30 ET

CAM in presser made it sound as though we may be without all four guys a while longer. The way he talked of RP after the game, we can see that he will be the starter moving forward. Hard to believe that 3 Fr and a Soph were manning the guard positions tonight and a fantastic performance it was. What a high ceiling this team has.

22 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

18 Indiana B10 3-0 +19.62 112.0 19 92.4 21 71.9 195 +.002 117 -10.76 292 97.2 268 107.9 307 -10.76 292

IU moves up in KenPom. Offense now top 20 and def almost top 20. 

I remember reading something about most championship teams having a top 15 or 20 offense and defense. Looks like we’re awfully close to that right now. I’m really interested to see how this progresses throughout the year.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

25 pts on 10-15 FG"s; 6 reb; 13 assts; 1 TO in 52 min. of action.  That's the combined line for Durham and Phinisee tonight.  

That;s kinda' not bad.   Well done, lads.

Green is done.  Backup/mop up role is where he should be.  I re-watched the Chicago State game last night (yeah...bored), and he's just not very good.  Athletic, yes.  But way too many bad shots and turnovers and he plays out of control.

We've got to shoot the 3 better, but so far, i love what I see. Awesome to see Phin and Romeo look this good in their first big game as Hoosiers. Very solid on both sides of the ball. 

They shot 9-20 tonight, only 20 attempts! They're something like 35% for the season. I think we need certain players (see Fitzner) shooting more threes. I feel pretty confident Romeo will find his stroke from outside and Phinisee to shoot a solid %. Green needs to take it if he's wide open, ditto for Durham and McBob. I don't think this team will live or die from deep though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 players out for November? Talking about "back spasms, high thigh contusion and concussion like symptoms". Not sure any of that warrants the span of November. Thrown off some or the injuries are worse than staff is saying? 

Amazing win and was so pumped all game. If Clifton can't get some run in a 25 point decided game... I'm not sure what his future is. Possibly just getting Deron more conditioning game time

5 hours ago, VO5 said:

I remember reading something about most championship teams having a top 15 or 20 offense and defense. Looks like we’re awfully close to that right now. I’m really interested to see how this progresses throughout the year.

KenPom is my go-to as far as who is actually "good" versus what the AP polls say. We took a huge leap in the Pomeroy standings last night; good catch, VO5.  KenPom's algorithms don't normally allow for swings like that. It's typically a 2-3 place/rank change, max, at any given time. Example - when UK got smoked by Duke, they dropped one spot and Duke moved up one spot. I believe we jumped 8 or-so spots last night. Quite a testament.

8 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I was nervous at how this team could handle a lead, but I am so impressed at extending the halftime lead. A lot of confidence going into Arkansas. 

What kind of home crowd does Arkansas have?

Huge home crowd from my discussions with pUKe fans at work. Its not a place to take lightly!

2 hours ago, IU-DL said:

KenPom is my go-to as far as who is actually "good" versus what the AP polls say. We took a huge leap in the Pomeroy standings last night; good catch, VO5.  KenPom's algorithms don't normally allow for swings like that. It's typically a 2-3 place/rank change, max, at any given time. Example - when UK got smoked by Duke, they dropped one spot and Duke moved up one spot. I believe we jumped 8 or-so spots last night. Quite a testament.

I thought there were bigger swings earlier in the season the last few season though.  (I could be wrong)

Wow. I do like tighter rotations though.

For reference, Crean played 13 players in his loss the other night and got beat by a tight rotation of 8.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I forgot all about that Clappy clown. Ha.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Really, it's best if Arkansas (and other road games) is a hostile environment.  The young players need to learn how to deal with it before BT play.  I think we're going to be pretty good and other conference teams and crowds are going to be "up" for us.

35 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought there were bigger swings earlier in the season the last few season though.  (I could be wrong)

Yeah, KP admits early in the season his rankings are a bit meh. He uses data from last year through ~10 games and does some projecting with freshmen.