Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS - 2018 College Cup

Selection Monday! NCAA.com will have a stream @ 1 pm ET. #Q49!

11/15 - 1st round - bye

11/18 - 2nd round vs UConn - W, 4-0

11/25 - 3rd round vs Air Force - W, 2-0

11/30 - Quarterfinals vs Notre Dame - W, 1-0

College Cup

12/7 - Semifinal vs Maryland - L, 2-0

12/9 - Final - Akron vs Maryland

Like I said  yesterday we will definitely be the 1 or 2 seed which is exactly the same and carries a first round bye and home field until college cup. Selection is at 1 pm on a live stream on NCAA.com.  

Told you the NCAA loves rematches and pretty much called the bracket for us yesterday. The only thing I was not sure about was first round game and of course it could be UConn in a rematch or Rhode Island. One in UConn has a worse record but has beaten bad teams and struggled against good ones including us and ND and has mediocre numbers. Rhode Island has a pretty good record but has not played anyone in top 50 and has 4 bad losses despite great numbers. Unlike last year where I really wanted Old Dominion and was kind of afraid of NC State I have no preference between UConn and URI and think we take either pretty easily especially with Dorsey back. Also as I Predicted 1PM game so will be flying during first half and BTN2go during 2nd half for me in airport barring no delays.

Sweet 16 as I mentioned Denver was quite likely and they are another team with great numbers and an elite forward looking for Herman but have lost to the 3 best teams they have played (including Maryland) and Air Force is in same boat exactly as UD so don't be shocked if we get either one (Central Ark is going down).

Elite 8 gets fun with either ND or UVA most likely who are on our level to the last degree and off course Irish opposite us as Regional rival and a rematch just like NCAA likes but don't be surprised if UVA takes them out. Either way assuming its one of those 2 it is a heavy heavy weight matchup.

I also called UK being near us in bracket just had us playing them a round earlier and instead are on a collision course to play in semi's of college cup on neutral site in Cali. Ironically as great as UK is I think that elite eight matchup is harder and would not be surprised if UK never makes it and we end up with Duke who might be better or more battle tested. Either way our toughest matchup will be elite 8 if we make it that far and not semi's of college cup.

Also be thankful exactly like last year we got the much easier teams in our bracket as the 2 then Wake did as the 1. They have Akron or Cuse in Sweet 16 who are top elite teams and potentially Stanford in Elite 8 so we made out much better.

I'll post more later as we get close to games and I review the teams better.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

Told you the NCAA loves rematches and pretty much called the bracket for us yesterday. The only thing I was not sure about was first round game and of course it could be UConn in a rematch or Rhode Island. One in UConn has a worse record but has beaten bad teams and struggled against good ones including us and ND and has mediocre numbers. Rhode Island has a pretty good record but has not played anyone in top 50 and has 4 bad losses despite great numbers. Unlike last year where I really wanted Old Dominion and was kind of afraid of NC State I have no preference between UConn and URI and think we take either pretty easily especially with Dorsey back. Also as I Predicted 1PM game so will be flying during first half and BTN2go during 2nd half for me in airport barring no delays.

Sweet 16 as I mentioned Denver was quite likely and they are another team with great numbers and an elite forward looking for Herman but have lost to the 3 best teams they have played (including Maryland) and Air Force is in same boat exactly as UD so don't be shocked if we get either one (Central Ark is going down).

Elite 8 gets fun with either ND or UVA most likely who are on our level to the last degree and off course Irish opposite us as Regional rival and a rematch just like NCAA likes but don't be surprised if UVA takes them out. Either way assuming its one of those 2 it is a heavy heavy weight matchup.

I also called UK being near us in bracket just had us playing them a round earlier and instead are on a collision course to play in semi's of college cup on neutral site in Cali. Ironically as great as UK is I think that elite eight matchup is harder and would not be surprised if UK never makes it and we end up with Duke who might be better or more battle tested. Either way our toughest matchup will be elite 8 if we make it that far and not semi's of college cup.

Also be thankful exactly like last year we got the much easier teams in our bracket as the 2 then Wake did as the 1. They have Akron or Cuse in Sweet 16 who are top elite teams and potentially Stanford in Elite 8 so we made out much better.

I'll post more later as we get close to games and I review the teams better.

Damn, did you switch arms during that self-congratulatory speech or stay with the dominant arm?!  Lol. Hope your neck survived all those pats!

4 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Dude...  Aaron provides us tons of insight and information that we wouldn't otherwise get.  His pregame and post-game analysis have made following the team this year much better.  He doesn't have to post like he does.  But he gives a great breakdown for every game.  It's appreciated.

Seconded

Lol Wow. I'm only kidding folks. Lighten up! Apologies Aaron, no ill-will. His posts are great. Just cracked me up with all the I called this I called that stuff. Shocked no one else saw the humor in it.  Joke was likely lost in text.  Ah well. Carry on and Go Hoosiers!  

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Lol Wow. I'm only kidding folks. Lighten up! Apologies Aaron, no ill-will. His posts are great. Just cracked me up with all the I called this I called that stuff. Shocked no one else saw the humor in it.  Joke was likely lost in text.  Ah well. Carry on and Go Hoosiers!  

No offense taken. 

4 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@IndianaMSOC:  BREAKING NEWS 

Indiana's NCAA Tournament match on Sunday has been moved to a 12:00 p.m. ET start and will be broadcast nationally on @BigTenNetwork! #Q49 #GoIU 

Hmm are they sure they wouldn’t rather show a 90s football game between pedophile u and sexual assault state university. The sad thing is that’s not even enough info to know for sure who I am talking about. 

3 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

@IndianaMSOC:  BREAKING NEWS 

Indiana's NCAA Tournament match on Sunday has been moved to a 12:00 p.m. ET start and will be broadcast nationally on @BigTenNetwork! #Q49 #GoIU 

I know this excites most people but to me this is the worse news possible personally. The game is now exactly during the 2 hours I am flying and I am not on Southwest like I usually fly so I cannot move my flight without penalty. Guess I'll be buying WiFi for whole game instead of first half during my flight and following on twitter whole game (connection to slow to actually stream game in air) pretty much. I'll also see if this board works from 30,000 feet and you guys can help keep me updated. 

I am happy for everyone they can watch on big screen now (although BTN2go is free for NCAA's) with their TV but in my world this is the worst news possible. I'll also set DVR but there is literally nothing I hate more than watching a game tape delayed.

All I ask now is that the team make sure they win so I can watch subsequent rounds since I am completely shutout Sunday.