Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS - 2018 College Cup

Still at Armstrong taking in atmosphere so i’ll post the wrap from here. Students despite the less dramatic win still rushed field. Some still here holding flags and singing iu songs but place has mostly cleared out. Crowd ended up being 300 behind last yr but still almost full and very good atmosphere and 5,000+ for college soccer is incredible.

For the game Frankie Moore does make a difference. As soon as he came in early 2nd half whole game changed and we completely dominated the match after and got that pretty goal. I hate tooting my own horn but game played out just as I predicted in preview with us winning 1-0 on a goal mid second half and holding on. I believe we outshot ND 8-1 in latter stanza and they never came close to scoring just like us in 1st half.

On a sad note although they have bigger things to come this was the final time in person seeing this great senior class that has brought IU back to the top. I think since recruiting has picked up we’re good to stay at top for now but this will be the class that brought the team back to where it should be again after a decade of ‘pretty good’ (minus the tourney run and championship in 12). 

With all that said we have unfinished business and lets send this class out with the title they deserve!

5 hours ago, Aaron said:

Curious if they introduce soccer team at basketball game today again. I’m actually here at game for first time this yr. so i’ll let everyone know later.

Did they introduce the soccer team before IU vs NW game today?

25 minutes ago, Defenserocks28 said:

Did they introduce the soccer team before IU vs NW game today?

No. I was hoping they would. They are probably still tired and recovering after last night and they were already introduced for Big Ten Championship at Marquette game. My guess is they come out during Central Arkansas if they win it all. 

Michigan State over James Madison 2-1. Cup all set for next Friday. Both games on ESPNU.
8:00 pm ET - Akron vs Michigan State
10:30 pm ET - #2 Indiana vs #11 Maryland

Wish we had either Akron or Michigan State first. We are better than Maryland but it isn’t by as wide as margin. Maryland knows how to tighten up and slow down our offense.

Feeling pretty comfortable though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app