Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

2018-19 IU Season Thread

The summer 2018 thread was a good catch-all thread to discuss IU basketball during the offseason. I thought a similar thread for the season would be a good idea (if one already exists feel free to delete). This could be a thread to discuss how the team is looking, how individual players are playing, injury reports, or any number of other IUBB related things.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The summer 2018 thread was a good catch-all thread to discuss IU basketball during the offseason. I thought a similar thread for the season would be a good idea (if one already exists feel free to delete). This could be a thread to discuss how the team is looking, how individual players are playing, injury reports, or any number of other IUBB related things.

I love college basketball and I super duper love IU basketball.

My Captain Obvious insight: FT shooting needs to improve a lot and quickly. 

Inexcusable to shoot 57%, just pathetic and pisses me off. It will cost IU games.

Another thought, going into the season I expected DG to be the PG with a heavy dose of Phinisee from the bench. From what I saw last night I think it's pretty clear Phinisee is THE PG for this team. I still hope Green figures it out, because he has talent, but I want IU to win, so screw potential, gimme production. 

I'm still a bit honked off that we drew Duke for the second straight year in the ACC/B1G Challenge. Not that I'm afraid of Duke (OK, maybe a little), but how 'bout a little variety? I thought IU-Virginia was a natural, made-for-TV, ideal matchup -- both teams have former Indiana Mr. Basketballs, and it would be 'Hoos vs. Hoosiers. (Plus, I live in Virginia and wanted to be able to brag after we beat them!) 

I'm still a bit honked off that we drew Duke for the second straight year in the ACC/B1G Challenge. Not that I'm afraid of Duke (OK, maybe a little), but how 'bout a little variety? I thought IU-Virginia was a natural, made-for-TV, ideal matchup -- both teams have former Indiana Mr. Basketballs, and it would be 'Hoos vs. Hoosiers. (Plus, I live in Virginia and wanted to be able to brag after we beat them!) 

Free throws need major improvements. That is all for now lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry didn't realise i was quoting u

24 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I wish something other than money, matchups and ratings drove the Big Ten/ACC challenge.  Since 2012, we have played Duke 3 times, UNC twice and out of those 7 matchups, have played a top 10 ranked team 5 times (the outliers being Pittsburgh in 2014 and UNC in 2012 (when we were ranked 1st and they 12th).  I'm glad this game will challenge us and improve our SOS, but I agree...a little variety would be nice every once in a while

I wish something other than money, matchups and ratings drove the Big Ten/ACC challenge.  Since 2012, we have played Duke 3 times, UNC twice and out of those 7 matchups, have played a top 10 ranked team 5 times (the outliers being Pittsburgh in 2014 and UNC in 2012 (when we were ranked 1st and they 12th).  I'm glad this game will challenge us and improve our SOS, but I agree...a little variety would be nice every once in a while
Most on here are mad we are not in the champions classic. We get the big name matchup because iu is still i big name with a ton of fans. I like playing the big names but we need to win the games which we have been fair. This matchup is a dream game back in the 90s when we had knight and should be this season and hopefully from now on. I agree that iu will probably get slaughtered as duke looked insane but this is the type of game we need to win to get back on top. Lets pray iu has what it takes to get back on top

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Ok so we hace people complaining we play Chicago State and people complaining we play Duke. All is right with the IU fan base.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I get your point but the other complaints are valid too. I take a little more of a broad view concerning the schedule. Win the games in front of you and things will work out just fine.

As far as the complaints. Chicago State is one of the 5 worst teams in the country (again for me, who cares, we need a few cupcakes)

And Duke is a rematch game and unfortunately falls in a year when Duke may be the most talented team since the Anthony Davis led UK team. (Again for me, I would have rather have seen a different matchup for variety sake, but hey, why not take a swing for the fences)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, NRT137 said:

Anyone else see Nebraska win 106-37 against MVSU?!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

MVSU is Mississippi Valley State, one of the perennial dregs of D-1 that Crean introduced us to when he was desperately looking for wins. We beat them 116-65 that season when like half our roster was suspended in early November.