Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

2018-19 Indiana Basketball Dictionary

Folks, the game thread had some hiccups this evening. Luckily, your friend and neighbor Hovadipo is here to clear up those pesky name spellings on our roster! If you’re ever feeling iffy on a spelling, refer to this list! Since we’re talking spelling, I’ll naturally do this by number. Here we go:

#0 Romeo Langford - Screw this up and we got issues, amigo. 

#1 Aljami “Al” Durham - It’s like if Weird Al’s last name was the city that Duke is in. Pretty simple one, but the most difficult so far. 

#2 Johnny Jager - You’re going to be seeing this guy around during Cupcake SZN, so buckle up. Jägermeister without the meister and the German A deal and with a hard J. Also a Bloomington native, so let’s get this one right.

#3 Justin Smith - Straightforward. Use his name in all caps when he dunks on Zion’s b****a** in a few weeks.

#4 Jake Forrester - Jager and Smith wrapped into one. Going to be using it in all caps and probably mostly during the early months. The Double R might trip some people up, so stay focused.

#5 Quentin Taylor - Quentin can be spelled a few different ways, but this will be the only one we’re using this year.

#10 Robert “Rob” Phinisee - This is a doozy. A little trick to remembering this one...think about it like dolphin watching! “What’s that? A (dol)phin, I see!” Bet you won’t forget now. Maybe just use RP.

#11 Devonte Green - The man everyone loves to hate. Not Greene, not Grean, not Grene. Green. Like the color.

#13 Juwan Morgan - It’s on you if you misspell the B1G POY’s name. Juwant that? Didn’t think so.

#15 Zach McRoberts - McBob will do.

#20 De’ron Davis - You can get away without the apostrophe most likely. A much more likeable DD than we hear on 1070 The Fan every weekday at noon.

#21 Jerome Hunter - Have a gut feeling this will be a popular name around here once he finds his way to the court. Shouldn’t pose any issues.

#22 Clifton Moore - He blocks shots and has a silky jump hook. What Moore could you want?

#23 Damezi Anderson - This one will be really Dam Ezi if you just slow down those BtownBanners Fingers. Lots of puns coming with this guy for the next 4 years, get used to it.

#24 Vijay Blackmon - Brother James is the reason I started this thread. It’s BlackMON. Like you’re Jamaican, or something. Would also be easier if they just did initials, but Vijay it is.

#25 Race Thompson - We’re an hour from the Racing Capital of the World. Easy enough right?

#55 Evan Fitzner - We’re going to CALLLLLIFORNIA LOOOOOOVE my man Evan. Fitz, Fitzy, whatever. Just remember it’s a Z.

It’s as easy as that, friends! Go Hoosiers!

The 2 dots above the a in Jagermeister is called an umlaut. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk