Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Milwaukee - Wed., 11/7 @ 7:00 ET

A 9 point lead with 4:40 left and we nearly gave the game away but held on for a 68-66 win.

Scoring:  Wise 17; Patberg 16; Penn & Yeaney 8 apiece.           Rebounds:  Patberg and Wise each with 8; Penn 5.

The men might want to take note -- the ladies were 19-26 on FT's for 73%.

This team is really not very good so I hope this isnt a sign of things to come. If we weren't at assembly we would have been beaten by 15 points..there was a huge discrepancy in fouls in our favor. Tried to give it to them at the end.

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

This team is really not very good so I hope this isnt a sign of things to come. If we weren't at assembly we would have been beaten by 15 points..there was a huge discrepancy in fouls in our favor. Tried to give it to them at the end.

I have to respectfully disagree about the team being not very good.  There is a ton of talent here, and I honestly think we'll be a better team than last year.

14 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I have to respectfully disagree about the team being not very good.  There is a ton of talent here, and I honestly think we'll be a better team than last year.

I think Hoosierfan might have been referring to Milwaukee. However, I also have a feeling this isn't going to be a very good year. I'm not sure why, but I just think it's going to be impossible to replace what Buss and Cahill gave us. This was kind of an ominous beginning.

Im just looking at our strength of schedule and thinking based on that, our chances of an at large ncaa bid wont be good. UCLA dropped home opener to a Loyola marymount(low mid major) and Florida dropped home opener to gardner Webb (low major) So hopefully wake forest and NIU have good seasons or our SOS is not good enough to get us in if we are on the bubble