Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Chicago State - Tues. 11/6 at 6:30 pm ET

I read the recap of CAM's radio show and he seems to be talking about this team in a very different manner than last year's. It seems like the expectations are much higher and he's way more comfortable with this group. I think this team will give him the opportunity to demonstrate his coaching acumen.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

LIH, here’s to hoping with don’t need the Turnover Counter, but those posts were always some of my favorites in the game threads.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't have those anymore or the flash cards, but I did keep this around if we get ice cold from outside.

cvc.jpeg

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lmao.

Sounds like a 5th grade basketball team, not a college with an Athletic Department.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think you're too far off.  I read somewhere that teams like CSU get paid something like $80,000 to come play this game.  IU will easily cover that in ticket sales and concessions.  CSU has us tonight, and Notre Dame two days later.  This $160,000 is probably a significant part of their annual budget.  

Just now, Stromboli said:

I don't think you're too far off.  I read somewhere that teams like CSU get paid something like $80,000 to come play this game.  IU will easily cover that in ticket sales and concessions.  CSU has us tonight, and Notre Dame two days later.  This $160,000 is probably a significant part of their annual budget.  

Yep sad reality of how the sport works. That’s why I hate how people vilify big time programs for scheduling these games. Without these games some programs would fold. Programs folding means fewer athletes get a free education

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We should have made them play in their reversible practice jerseys.

Edit:  When was the last time IU played a game at Assembly Hall in their road unis?

They wore their red jerseys as the better seed against Georgia Tech in the NIT a few years ago... oh... wait....

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep sad reality of how the sport works. That’s why I hate how people vilify big time programs for scheduling these games. Without these games some programs would fold. Programs folding means fewer athletes get a free education

Yea, Texas Southern coached by Mike Davis last year started last season with 13 straight road games, all losses.  Still made the NCAA tournament by winning their conference tournament, and earning a new gig for Davis in Detroit.