Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Chicago State - Tues. 11/6 at 6:30 pm ET

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Just don't see Davis having a role on this team. Jake and Clifton are the type of big that fits on an Archie Miller team. 

He gives us an option to play against teams with big, strong inside guys. He will give us important minutes, even if it is a lot less than what he could have had last year.

Just don't see Davis having a role on this team. Jake and Clifton are the type of big that fits on an Archie Miller team. 

He gives us an option to play against teams with big, strong inside guys. He will give us important minutes, even if it is a lot less than what he could have had last year.

That, and if one shoots 70% from the field, they fit on any team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In my opinion you guys are being waaay too hard on DeVonte Green.

He can create his own shot with the second unit. He defends well, and with aggression.

He will be a volatile player, but he will be important to the team’s success.

If you stop thinking of him as a potential starting point guard, and start thinking of him as a twenty minute per game energy and scoring option, he looks a lot better.

There has always been "that" player, and there will always be "that" player, that suits up in the cream in crimson. 

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In my opinion you guys are being waaay too hard on DeVonte Green.

He can create his own shot with the second unit. He defends well, and with aggression.

He will be a volatile player, but he will be important to the team’s success.

If you stop thinking of him as a potential starting point guard, and start thinking of him as a twenty minute per game energy and scoring option, he looks a lot better.

He does, but he does not need to be as forceful offensively as he was many times.  "Let the game come to you" seems to be a concept with which he is not familiar.   And against better teams, that won't fly.

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Also I think Damezi seems to really get it. If he's open he'll shoot but otherwise he knows what's around him. Also isn't really lost defensively. Can see him continuing to get minutes

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

He is very limited defensively and when Durham, Hunter, and Thompson get healthy; his minutes will decrease significantly.  He also needs to get MUCH stronger.

I see him as a potential redshirt, to be honest.

He is very limited defensively and when Durham, Hunter, and Thompson get healthy; his minutes will decrease significantly.  He also needs to get MUCH stronger.
Well Archie said he didn't plan to redshirt anyone so don't see that happening barring injury. Also we haven't seen Thompson or Hunter yet unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Can’t redshirt this year now that he played in a regular season game. That’s a rule coaches would like changed like footballs redshirt rule of playing in 4 games or less and u can still redshirt

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Too late for redshirt now, but yes, as soon as Al and Jerome are back Damezi’s minutes will disappear.

Good performance, defensively we need to improve I thought. Not a horrible performance on that end but definitely room to improve... and FREE THROWS! Won't hurt us against teams like Chicago State but we have to be better than 56% against good teams. We left 8-9 more points on the court just by free throwing shooting alone. Hopefully it's a fluke, and in Romeo's case I'm confident it is.