Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS - 2018 B1G Tournament Champs!

First game of the yr. for me at home (was at games at ND and Eville).

Since it was pouring in 2nd half couldn’t post from phone. First off NW needs to do what PSU did and get rid of Lenahan. He doesn’t win anymore and just parking the bus mucks everything up so badly for everyone else. PSU did it to Warming last yr and are already a lot better with their new startegy this yr. Hopefully for the sake of NW and everyone else in the conference they make a change also to a new coach and strategy.

With all that said I warned it might take a late winner. I just thought Buckmaster’s tap in off the post would do it with 10 min. left as NW literally had no more than 5 min. of possesion all day and even after we scored they couldn’t hold the ball for more than 20 sec. at a time. That goal they got from that angle on their only chance of day (and it wasn’t even a good shot) was absurd. I will say the first time we scored against them in regular season late they looked like the wind was knocked out of them. This time they looked unfazed and huddled and obviously tied it despite being unable to hold onto the ball. 

With all that said thats my second golden goal win of yr. in person after none till this yr. This team finds a lot of late winners which will bode well for NCAA tourney. In OT NW barely crossed half field and after having all the luck all day finally had bad luck that gave us the game winner as one of their players slipped on the wet field trying to prevent a corner and it went right to Moore who crossed it to Glass in front of goal who easily headed it in. This was really important as even winning in PK’s is a draw for our resume which would of hurt. 

Now for next rd. while Maryland isn’t easy I actually prefer them to MSU since they are pretty offensively challenged. They also posses a top 20 RPI so a win is better for our resume and a loss hurts little. I think we got the coveted top 4 seed now no matter what for NCAA tourney. The game itself could go either way and it will probably be a late winner that either team could get for a 1-0 win.

No way to post during game with how cold it will be tomorrow and I plan on going and bundling up but with gloves. I will post when I get back home (30 min after game). With that said I look forward to tomorrow and love IU Maryland games. Evenly matched wide open game between 2 most talented teams in conference. Someone will win with a late winner but not sure who. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

No way to post during game with how cold it will be tomorrow and I plan on going and bundling up but with gloves. I will post when I get back home (30 min after game). With that said I look forward to tomorrow and love IU Maryland games. Evenly matched wide open game between 2 most talented teams in conference. Someone will win with a late winner but not sure who. 

If we win the tourney you think we jump Wake for #1 seed. Not that there’s a difference but still.