Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) CG Harlond Beverly to Miami

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Gimme a D

Gimme an E

Gimme an S

Gimme a P      You know where this is going.

Throwing out offers in mid-February - smh.   Stu's nailed it.  We won't have to worry about having enough schollies for next year.  

How is offering a top-60 guy a sign of desperation? 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure this screams Tim Priller/Guy Marc Michel/Jeremiah April desperation. Beverly is a top 100 kid that plays with an edge, and Archie appears to have had it with at least a few on his current roster.

Sounds more to me like Archie pushing for a roster-wide attitude upgrade.

Didn't mean to imply Beverly wasn't talented.  Just that we're walking into the dance just as they're starting to play the final slow dance and we hope the prettiest girl will agree to dance with us.   Lousy analogy but you get my drift.  Also wondering if rumors of a locker room fracas didn't bring this to a head and it solidified to Archie what needs to be done in terms of roster management.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Didn't mean to imply Beverly wasn't talented.  Just that we're walking into the dance just as they're starting to play the final slow dance and we hope the prettiest girl will agree to dance with us.   Lousy analogy but you get my drift.  Also wondering if rumors of a locker room fracas didn't bring this to a head and it solidified to Archie want needs to be done in terms of roster management.

Well yes then...what you said here. I'm guessing that the past month has solidified what Archie suspected. Right now, we are very likely to have three guards for next year: Junior Durham, Sophomore Phinisee, and Freshman Franklin.

I'm thinking we're gonna need two more guards: hopefully one more freshman (with enough talent to play as a sophomore) and a good shooting grad transfer. That is best case scenario for me.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Didn't mean to imply Beverly wasn't talented.  Just that we're walking into the dance just as they're starting to play the final slow dance and we hope the prettiest girl will agree to dance with us.   Lousy analogy but you get my drift.  Also wondering if rumors of a locker room fracas didn't bring this to a head and it solidified to Archie what needs to be done in terms of roster management.

My guess would be that the reason we hadn't offered yet was that Archie didn't know if he would have a roster spot for him next year and has recently learned that he could, whether that means he now knows Brooks isn't coming or that somebody is going to transfer. I don't think a late offer should hurt us as I'm guessing the IU staff has been sold on him for a long time, but I guess we'll find out soon

Not sure that’s the case here. IU had been in contact with him for awhile they just didn’t offer until now. They watched him over the summer and told him they were going to track him during his high school year. Playing in the B1G will be a disadvantage in this recruitment

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree with all the Big Ten holding and officiating. Lots of slow grind it out ball.
I can see why some recruits wouldn’t like that. I like watching teams that have a free flowing offense, and still value the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well yes then...what you said here. I'm guessing that the past month has solidified what Archie suspected. Right now, we are very likely to have three guards for next year: Junior Durham, Sophomore Phinisee, and Freshman Franklin.

I'm thinking we're gonna need two more guards: hopefully one more freshman (with enough talent to play as a sophomore) and a good shooting grad transfer. That is best case scenario for me.

I assume you’ve omitted Damezi because he’s more of a wing/forward than a guard and not for the same reason you omitted someone else?

I actually wouldn’t take a grad transfer. As we have seen it takes years to learn Archie’s system. Not a good environment for a grad transfer. Unless they come from Dayton 

Sorry I think it’s less of a system issue and more of a basketball IQ, effort, and heart issue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app