Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) CG Harlond Beverly to Miami

I might be looking at this the wrong way but I think the class balance thing would work itself out if KBJ is a 2-yr player, TJD is a 3-yr player and the rest are either 3- or 4-yr players. I would think Watford would be a 2-yr player if we were lucky enough to land him. I admittedly am not very bright though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, I don’t think class balance will be that bad depending on who we land. Franklin is most likely a 4 year player and Jackson-Davis 2 years minimum. If we add Brooks and Beverly that would give two 4 year players and 2 not as likely 4 year players. It’ll be interesting to see what comes of the 2018 class with 5 players possibly graduating. (Thompson, Hunter, Phin, Anderson, and Forrester). I like upperclassmen but would prefer losing only 3-4 at one time.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

We need to improve the talent of the roster before we are concerned with class balance.

Even a class of 4 will give Archie 9 of his own players assuming Romeo is gone. . pretty good for year 3.  If we have another scholarship use it on a grad transfer and then get 3 in 2020. Or convince somebody in 19 to redshirt. Franklin maybe. 

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yeah, I don’t think class balance will be that bad depending on who we land. Franklin is most likely a 4 year player and Jackson-Davis 2 years minimum. If we add Brooks and Beverly that would give two 4 year players and 2 not as likely 4 year players. It’ll be interesting to see what comes of the 2018 class with 5 players possibly graduating. (Thompson, Hunter, Phin, Anderson, and Forrester). I like upperclassmen but would prefer losing only 3-4 at one time.

Hunter wouldn't graduate with them... he would be the next year (with the Redshirt) ... Or should I say wouldn't use up all his eligibility.... he could still be back 1 more year after they are all gone.

Hunter wouldn't graduate with them... he would be the next year (with the Redshirt) ... Or should I say wouldn't use up all his eligibility.... he could still be back 1 more year after they are all gone.

True, I didn’t really think of that. I just don’t want huge graduating classes that leave a void the next season.

Very unlikely that everyone would stay for four years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s why I don’t mind a little larger classes if we have some elite talent that won’t be around for four years. If we land Brooks, Watford, and Beverly that’d be a nice mix of recruits that’ll be around for graduation and those that will leave early.

8 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Confused why he's taking an unofficial to us this weekend and an official to Miami a few weeks later. Recruiting experts, why would Beverly not want his visit to IU to be official?

Isn't he from the Michigan area.  Probably cheaper for his family to get home to Michigan and then to IU but who knows.

As I typed that I just realized Montverde is in Florida so like I said, who knows.

Edited by rebelcc

4 minutes ago, rebelcc said:

Isn't he from the Michigan area.  Probably cheaper for his family to get home to Michigan and then to IU but who knows.

As I typed that I just realized Montverde is in Florida so like I said, who knows.

I believe he is home from school so it's easier for his entire family to get to Bloomington and pay their way. But again, that only makes sense if he plans to use all five officials plus an unofficial somewhere. 

I believe he is home from school so it's easier for his entire family to get to Bloomington and pay their way. But again, that only makes sense if he plans to use all five officials plus an unofficial somewhere. 

Possible that he has time to watch the game walk around campus and talk to the coaches but he doesn’t have time to stay for the full 48 hours of an official visit.

I admittedly do not know much about this kid, but my concern is his comments about not liking the play of Big Ten basketball.  Does this mean he is a soft player?  We do not need that at all.  I would assume Archie would not want a soft player either, so that at least alleviates some of my concern.  Again, I am not calling him soft as I havent ever seen him play, but it does make me wonder.

I admittedly do not know much about this kid, but my concern is his comments about not liking the play of Big Ten basketball.  Does this mean he is a soft player?  We do not need that at all.  I would assume Archie would not want a soft player either, so that at least alleviates some of my concern.  Again, I am not calling him soft as I havent ever seen him play, but it does make me wonder.

It was never said that he didn’t like the big ten it was people in his camp. Also he was a MSU lean until the got Watts to commit.

31 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Does anyone know who the big fish was that we were supposed to land sometime after TJD committed? It wasn’t Brooks but a surprise recruit it seemed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The only one that was a possibility was Watford but that's a slim chance of happening imo but who knows.