Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KDB

(2019) CG Harlond Beverly to Miami

8 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I think there's a good chance Crean gets Beverly. Beverly will start at Georgia right away. He will play alongside a 5 star so they'll get a lot of TV coverage and attention.  The only reason not to is he is from Michigan and he might want to play closer to home.

Oh please nobody is going to care about Georgia basketball just because they have a five star. Nobody cared about Vandy this year. 

That's because Vandy's most exciting  player got hurt in November and was out for the season. Georgia arguably has the top high school player in the country.  Georgia will be covered more nationally than otherwise because of Anthony Edwards. It will happen. Edwards will get plenty of exposure this year which means Georgia will. More than IU--unless you live in Indiana.

45 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Official set up for Georgia next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think Crean’s system works for this kid very well. Looks built for a high tempo game. He’s a pretty clever finisher around the rim, but he’s not very physical, so playing in a system that opens up the lane would fit. His shot’s a little quirky. Crean might be able to clean it up. It’s easier for me to see him in Crean’s system than Archie’s.

53 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

That's because Vandy's most exciting  player got hurt in November and was out for the season. Georgia arguably has the top high school player in the country.  Georgia will be covered more nationally than otherwise because of Anthony Edwards. It will happen. Edwards will get plenty of exposure this year which means Georgia will. More than IU--unless you live in Indiana.

Vandy had 2 five stars and even before the Garland injury how much tv coverage were they slated for?

Vandy had 2 five stars and even before the Garland injury how much tv coverage were they slated for?

Not much. I watched most of their games on sec network or espn3. They did have a few on espn and espn2 but not as many as you would of thought

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 hours ago, Honkyman said:

They'll get more coverage than they normally do, I agree, but probably not more than Indiana. Programs that won on a higher level than we did this year didn't get as much coverage as we did this year because we're Indiana. The top MSAs for college basketball are mostly in the Midwest and we're a big ratings draw. Georgia will get more big games, but they won't get as many national games as we will.

That doesn't mean that Beverly won't go there, or that they won't be good. They could be like LSU this year or they could be like LSU with Ben Simmons. I really don't know their roster situation but even a clear #1 pick won't be much of a salve without the right support around him.

If Edwards is a real star like Zion or Trae Young then yeah UGA will get tons of pub but if he's "just" a normal #1 pick like Simmons or Fultz - who got zero coverage on that bad Washington team - we'll still get more coverage.

7 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

He can recruit. We know that. At least untill hes figured out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm rooting for Crean to do well, but I would really appreciate if he wasn't having success at our expense. First, beating Kentucky for Edwards opened up a spot at Kentucky for Brooks. And now he's likely going to get Beverly. 

Looking like a great class for Georgia. He did that a few times at Indiana, so we'll see if he's learned to build a little more consistency with classes

Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanHoops 2m2 minutes ago

Miami likely to land one of the top guards left on the board in the senior class: Montverde Academy’s Harlond Beverly. He also considered Georgia, Michigan, Virginia, Indiana, Baylor, Kansas. Combo guard originally from Michigan.

CB picks also backing this up. Everyone switching to the U.

It is fair to say we haven’t landed anyone since we had that horrible losing streak. Brooks was the most likely one that could have committed and some insiders have strongly indicated that our losing streak opened the door for him to go elsewhere. Since then we seemingly have stalled.

Can Archie and staff explain it away and pull on some top talent? Hopefully but so far it seems we have missed on a small handful of kids. Hopefully we got here soon, but until then it is fair to wonder.

17 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

It is fair to say we haven’t landed anyone since we had that horrible losing streak. Brooks was the most likely one that could have committed and some insiders have strongly indicated that our losing streak opened the door for him to go elsewhere. Since then we seemingly have stalled.

Can Archie and staff explain it away and pull on some top talent? Hopefully but so far it seems we have missed on a small handful of kids. Hopefully we got here soon, but until then it is fair to wonder.

Miami was 14-18 on the season. Recruits don't pick schools because of their record.